Favourite sisters live vids

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
ruffers
Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:
Pista wrote:I think the Whistle Test FALAA & Marian could be my favourite.
I watched them today & the aftermath of FALAA where they had filled the studio with smoke is just so funny
True, the dry ice and guitar malfunction was just Sisters to the max :notworthy:
Just watched this again and it sent shivers down my spine 35 ? years on. Used to watch it again and again.. I know there's been many incarnations but this is my personal ground zero...

"It feels like thirty five years and twenty eight days...."
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

I do like the video 1959. Not everyone's cup of tea
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

I know I’m in a minority of one with this view, but I don’t get the allure of bootlegs. Whether video or audio. They’re sh|t. I’ve said it, they are sh|t. Forgive my ignorance but as far as I know there is only one official live video - Wake - and that to me is the only and best Sisters live video.

I don’t get the point of crappy audio with too much bass or not enough bass or too much crowd noise. I don’t get the point of shaky overexpose or underexposed video shot on some knobs cell phone.

Okay, as a document of the event, fine I’ll concede it might have some minor value. But for entertainment, for pleasure? I just don’t get it. It’s painful.

There, I’ve voiced my dissenting opinion 🙂 I know I won’t change anyone’s mind. I’ll stand down now.
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

The 1985 Whistle Test performance is worth a look. It's a reminder of what a full concert film of that line-up (with all four members present) could've been like. Sure it's been bootlegged to death but it's no amateur recording. The last performances with Gary Marx.
Pista
Cureboi

Scardwel wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 18:45 The 1985 Whistle Test performance is worth a look. It's a reminder of what a full concert film of that line-up (with all four members present) could've been like. Sure it's been bootlegged to death but it's no amateur recording. The last performances with Gary Marx.
I saw them the night before in Brighton & was so stoked they were on the TV the following day.
That whole show was hysterical. They opened with FALAA & filled the entire studio with smoke.
The presenters spent the whole program trying to waft it away with clipboards while attempting to present stuff while they were sitting in thick fog. Looked like they'd had a major fire.

About 20 minutes later

Even at the end, when they came back for Marian, Mark Ellen was complaining he couldn't see the cameras
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity