Phil Spector has died

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've not titled the thread "RIP" because I'm not sure he deserves peace in light of his history of horrifying abuse.

However his contribution to music is undeniable.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

It's that old (or relatively new) debate...do you separate the art from the artist? Quite a few of the great artists (in all forms) ranged from not very nice people to murderers and psychopaths. It's easier I guess if it's centuries ago.
The Chancer Corporation
Big Si
School Bully

It's a fantastic BBC Documentary from back in 2008. It deals with the Trial, those crazy choices of Wigs :wink: and his Musical Career 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Pista
Cureboi

I'd posit his main (possibly only) contribution to music was to add so many layers to it so it sounded completely different to anything else on jukeboxes & AM radios in the 60's.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 20:12 I'd posit his main (possibly only) contribution to music was to add so many layers to it so it sounded completely different to anything else on jukeboxes & AM radios in the 60's.
The Jim Steinman of his day then?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Swinnow wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 20:14
Pista wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 20:12 I'd posit his main (possibly only) contribution to music was to add so many layers to it so it sounded completely different to anything else on jukeboxes & AM radios in the 60's.
The Jim Steinman of his day then?
Yes, great analogy.

Genius requires some element of crazy. Can’t take the rough without the smooth.
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
taylor
Slight Overbomber

one of the great genius that this world ever seen (and will see) Rip Phil