RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

RIP A national inspiration who raised millions for the NHS. :notworthy:
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Absolutely. So sad his pneumonia medicine prevented him from getting a vaccine shot. But what a life lived
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Being645
Wiki Wizard

A true hero in his late days. RIP, indeed... :notworthy: ....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I can't stand that the poor guy's legacy has been so cynically co-opted by the Tories when there's a good chance that he'd not have died if they'd handled the pandemic more competently.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 10:00 I can't stand that the poor guy's legacy has been so cynically co-opted by the Tories when there's a good chance that he'd not have died if they'd handled the pandemic more competently.
This ^^^^^^
The Dianafication has been quite horrifying in all honesty.
Tip of the hat for what he did for the NHS, but that is supposed to be someone else's job really
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GC
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 10:11
markfiend wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 10:00 I can't stand that the poor guy's legacy has been so cynically co-opted by the Tories when there's a good chance that he'd not have died if they'd handled the pandemic more competently.
This ^^^^^^
Tip of the hat for what he did for the NHS, but that is supposed to be someone else's job really
Totally agree... Its going to be turned into that bad kind of nationalism which has already happend with wearing a Poppy.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Sad enough, all you say is true ... but still, it was a great idea and he did it.
Swinnow
Overbomber

GC wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 23:57
This ^^^^^^
Totally agree... Its going to be turned into that bad kind of nationalism which has already happend with wearing a Poppy.
Totally agree here as well. Far too much 'bad nationalism', of all four strands, emerging on these islands.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

flag wankers
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
GC
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 15:13
GC wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 23:57

This ^^^^^^
Totally agree here as well. Far too much 'bad nationalism', of all four strands, emerging on these islands.
Except for Welsh Nationalism... which are definetely in the right :lol:
ruffers
Overbomber

There was a vacuum of decency, of leadership, of basically doing the right thing at the top of our government, and he filled it.

Top man from what I know, RIP
Chucking another log on