Chris Catalyst: "Make Good Art"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Thought some of you might be interested to see this... Chris has a new album out in April and this is the first track from it. It heavily samples a speech by Neil Gaiman, and Neil has given it the thumbs up...

Pista
Cureboi

I think its really good.
Total departure from any of his other solo stuff & EM stuff.
Works really well too
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Agreed, exponentially better than the xmas thing, would make an excellent walk-on / opening track for a Robochrist gig would this 8) or better still follow it up with an album-length remix where Gaiman recites the untold Ballad Of Halo Jones instead, seeing as he knows it.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Excellent. Has a very 90s Madchester vibe about it. Reminds me of Oasis “f**king In Th Bushes”
Last edited by DJElectricDaddy on 25 Jan 2021, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I think this is excellent. Well done Chris.
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

If anyone fancies giving him a vote for Classic Rock magazine's Track of the Week, please do!

https://www.loudersound.com/features/tr ... d-and-more
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Damian wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 12:26 If anyone fancies giving him a vote for Classic Rock magazine's Track of the Week, please do!

Done, under the assumption that the other tunes aren't as good ;D
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Yeah, I like this a lot too, so I voted for it!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Planet Dave wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 13:49
Damian wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 12:26 If anyone fancies giving him a vote for Classic Rock magazine's Track of the Week, please do!

Done, under the assumption that the other tunes aren't as good ;D
same, and same :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Thank you! He won the vote. :)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Congrats to Chris!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 10:22 Congrats to Chris!
Fully seconded. Although, I didn't find time to listen to it yet or else... hopefully during the weekend ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i really like it. This is what that cunt Kanye West thinks his music sounds like whilst obviously sounjng nothing of the sort. Funked up break beats with effective repetition (as opposed to unimaginitive monotony).

Any way, Chris can do just whatever the fuck he likes in my book. When he was doing a live chat on Instagram the other week, he saw my name come up as "eastmidswhizzkid" and he says: "Oh eastmidswhizzkid's joined the chat. Hi Lee!. for those of you who dont know Lee is an old diehard Sisters fan who ive met a few times..." He knew my real name! i was well chuffed. :von: :bat:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

That's awesome brother Lee ;D

Chris does seem to have a good memory for people.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Chris' new CD titled KALEIDOSCOPES is available for pre-order now ... this looks rather tempting ... :D ...
https://www.musicglue.com/chriscatalyst

In their terms and conditions, the webshop tells EU customers that EU customs and VAT fees might be charged upon them. Wonderful, but can anybody tell me the real cost of the items before I place an order, please? In the payment process, for example, UK VAT is not deducted from the price. So does one end up paying double VAT - in Germany 19% on top of postage and import tax ( 3.5% for CDs, 12% for clothes in orders above 22€) :?: .. I'm fully irritated. Is anyone able to shed a light on this chapter?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 04:51 In their terms and conditions, the webshop tells EU customers that EU customs and VAT fees might be charged upon them. Wonderful, but can anybody tell me the real cost of the items before I place an order, please? In the payment process, for example, UK VAT is not deducted from the price. So does one end up paying double VAT - in Germany 19% on top of postage and import tax ( 3.5% for CDs, 12% for clothes in orders above 22€) :?: .. I'm fully irritated. Is anyone able to shed a light on this chapter?
It's all a complete mess because of Brexit. I think the short answer is that nobody knows.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 10:14 It's all a complete mess because of Brexit. I think the short answer is that nobody knows.
But we can all ignore the issue totally and hide behind the Union flag....

Well, this appears to be government policy, don't look over there at another huge cock up, just admire our vaccine roll out and stfu.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 10:14
Being645 wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 04:51 In their terms and conditions, the webshop tells EU customers that EU customs and VAT fees might be charged upon them. Wonderful, but can anybody tell me the real cost of the items before I place an order, please? In the payment process, for example, UK VAT is not deducted from the price. So does one end up paying double VAT - in Germany 19% on top of postage and import tax ( 3.5% for CDs, 12% for clothes in orders above 22€) :?: .. I'm fully irritated. Is anyone able to shed a light on this chapter?
It's all a complete mess because of Brexit. I think the short answer is that nobody knows.
OK, I've contacted the German Tax offices and here is the bitter truth for an online only Embroidered Sisters Ziphood:
Ziphood 52₤ = say 60,60€ + postage 7,99₤ = say 9,30€ = 69,90 €

EU fees for goods worth more than 22€
EU Import Tax (12% on clothes) = 7,25€ + EU VAT (19%) = 14, 65€
Total = + 21,90€

+ Handling fees of local post service:
DHL = 6€, other providers = up to 25€

So at best this comes to 97,80€ for an item that was initially 69,90€ incl. postage.
Reducing UK VAT from foreign orders before the payment process could help ease this burden. In Germany,
it is left to the free choice of businesses whether they reduce local VAT from foreign invoices or not. I don't
know about UK laws in this respect. At least, the Sisters webshop doesn't charge different prices to UK or
non-UK customers. Unlike others.
Swinnow
Overbomber

I know that a few years ago UK retailers could remove UK VAT for 'foreign' sales. I am unaware of any recent changes. More than likely it is a case of people not realising the day to day effects of brexit on the man or woman in the street. I would hope that examples like yours above push people to modify sales systems. Surely a pan-European and outward thinking entity like Reptile House would like to lead the way.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

A lot of German record mailorders I've used in the past don't ship to the UK anymore because of Brexit .
Being645
Wiki Wizard

OLDFART wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 07:34 A lot of German record mailorders I've used in the past don't ship to the UK anymore because of Brexit .
Yeah, I guess traders on both sides are likewise irritated with the current conditions and are possibly waiting for some trade agreement.
And all this in a situation of steadily changing lockdown rules thanks to corona... * sigh ... :( ...
Jim
Slight Overbomber

While I'm tempted to suggest that Primal Scream might want their song back, I guess that's probably the point. Also, it's really good.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"