Worst band you have seen live and why?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The worst band I have EVER seen was a local band called Schutzraum... They had a cheap casio keyboard, a s**t guitarist/bassist and a singer that was even worse.. They were all drunk and drugged as hell.. The vocalist went by the name of Kikker Stacheldraht..in English: Frog Barbwire... He couldn't remember any lyrics, they had ONE drum pattern and managed to play for like 45 minutes...It really was like was like watching a trainwreck.. Paul who is also on this forum and I endured it together..but flipping hell.. that was HELL
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Second on the list most definitely is Marc Almond. What a pile of s**t. Way back when we went to a number of festivals to see the Girls and it almost seemed that every bloody time Marc Almond hit the stage before they were due. He has got one of those voices that I absolutely despise ..which turns a 45 min set into a real ordeal..
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 12 May 2021, 09:58 Lee mentioning the Captain reminded me of one of the times I've seen The Damned on a farewell tour; I think in the early 90s? But anyway Vanian hadn't showed up and they were obviously losing hope that he'd ever arrive. Captain came on stage and said "this one's called 'Happy Talk'" to a chorus of catcalls but didn't actually do the song; Dave had got to the venue just in the nick of time.

What was that with Vanian being permanently late for gigs? He did it when I saw the Phantom Chords too. Is he still doing it or is he more punctual these days?
I think maybe I saw them on the same tour - when Patricia was playing bass. I wanted to be be blown away, but in truth I thought they were forgettable. Not bad, but just kind of disappointing and middle-of-the-road.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.