GW37 - Deadline Tuesday 18th May 16.30

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Wooosh, straight into another one. THE BATCAVE IS OPEN! YOU CAN COME IN FOR SAUSAGE ROLLS AND BEER AND BANANA BREAD! Or anything you care to bring yourselves, too. :bat: :bat:

After a 24 hours spent shaking heads about that Allison goal and doing a bit of a grin because it was so ACE, I suppose I ought to pull myself together and get on. Specially as I still have prep to do for tomorrow' s Parents' Evening things. Nice full fixture list, and maybe some real crowd noise.

Tuesday 18 May 2021

Man Utd 18:00 Fulham Fulham? Maybe?
UK - Sky Sports
Southampton 18:00 Leeds Leeds pushing to finish an excellent season on a high
UK - Sky Sports
Brighton 19:00 Man City Well, now. Seagulls FTW
UK - BT Sport
Chelsea 20:15 Leicester REVENGE OF THE BLUES which could go either way. Can Chelsea do the quadruple of Bad Luck this week?
UK - Sky Sports

Wednesday 19 May 2021

Everton 18:00 Wolves Neither had a great couple of games. Hmm. Won't be home from school by then anyway.
UK - Sky Sports
Newcastle 18:00 Sheffield Utd Both have had a bit of spark. Could get interesting
UK - Sky Sports
Spurs 18:00 Aston Villa I like Olly Watkins. But Spurs are my team and Villa have Grealish. And they're not the Blakes 7 Villa, either.
UK - Sky Sports
Crystal Palace 19:00 Arsenal Let's hope Mort can return safely from watching the game without doing himself any MORE damage
UK - BT Sport
Burnley 20:15 Liverpool Who said Jota could be injured?
UK - Sky Sports
West Brom 20:15 West Ham GO WEEEESSSSSTT...
UK - Sky Sports
Norwich v Oh. Season is over. CHAMPIONS!

Right, that's yer lot for now. Deadline is HALF PAST 4 ENGLISH TIME NOT SIX THIRTY.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote: 17 May 2021, 20:28
UK - Sky Sports
Brighton 19:00 Man City Well, now. Seagulls FTW
Hope not. But then again, Gladiola will prolly have Carson in goal again just to get his minutes up so he can get his medal.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Eze's got an achilles injury. Possibly out until 2022.
Fcuk it! :evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

that's not good at all
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

And that week is over! So far it's given us three managerial losses, which might be a record in one week, does anyone know? Big Sam is leaving West Brom, after his first ever relegation. Nuno Espirito Santo is off from Wolves after 4 pretty good years - he'll be remembered well there. And Roy Hodgson, after 45 years in the role in one place or another, is leaving his boyhood club Crystal Palace. Should get a good send off on Sunday.
I'm having a different send off - I realised that this is my last round up for the season! For the last few I've done the last GW and had forgotten I'm on odd numbered weeks this year. Make the most of this one!

Man Utd 1-1 Fulham 10,000 fans after all this time sounded good, whomever they were there for. The noise they made when Cavani scored that goal nearly blew me off the Bypass. Whether Fernandes tocuhed it or not, or VAR was right or not, didn't diminish the excellence of the shot. Bryan spoiled the party with his equaliser, and both goalies were busy Goalscorers took the top bonus points.
Southampton 0-2 Leeds Bamford had a good night with 3 bonus points, a goal and an assist, but I'd sold him. Pants. Good game.
Brighton 3-2 Man City I SAID BRIGHTON WOULD WIN! Didn't expect them to actually do it. Six yellow cards and a red for Cancelo led to it. Gündogan is now out injured. Five goals and only two assists given. Am not sure City wanted to lose, but the Champions are already.. well, Champions.
Chelsea 2-1 Leicester Chelsea got their revenge, knowing that Leicester really needed the win. Schmeichel the busier goalie, 7 yellow cards and Werner doing something. Iheanacho got me some points.
Everton 1-0 Wolves Another busy night for goalkeepers. I didn't see any of this. Probably the one that made the manager decision final.
Newcastle 1-0 Sheffield Utd Willock having a brilliant run of form - will he go back?
Spurs 1-2 Aston Villa Oh good grief. Reguilon can't tell which is his goal. The only good thing was Watkins's points.
Crystal Palace 1-3 Arsenal Leno made five saves but Palace still got drubbed. Nice to see Benteke scoring, not nice to hear that Eze is out until next year. He's been a good find this season.
Burnley 0-3 Liverpool Liverpool back on form, albeit slightly late. Alisson with lots of saves but no goals this week. It was all Robertson today, with Phillips scoring his first goal.
West Brom 1-3 West Ham No surprises really. Could have been worse but for Johnstone's 6 saves.
Norwich v Oh. Season is over. CHAMPIONS!

So quite an exciting midweek GW, mainly because of the fans returning.

Here are the tables:
IGM still winning! One week to go, and we're not minded to muck up like last year. A very varied set of scores this week.

The Yellow Jersey is sitting proud on Dead Men Walking

And the Big Shout Out goes to Team WMS with 82.

Over in the H2H, BB&S are still leading but there's not much in it - the title could come to IGM but it's in the lap of the gods.

The Crown currently belongs to Bad Sasquatch.

Thanks for helping to air out the BatCave this week, it's been nice to have some different gothing going on.

Also thanks to everyone on the IGM team, to Mav and Pista who do all the real work, and for all the laughs this season. It's been weird but worth it, in the end!

See you all in August. Steve is hosting the final GW in the Shed now that we can go in, so get your places early. All games are being played at 4pm on Sunday, Champions and Europa League places are being decided, and it's Aguero's last game for City. IGM, your duty calls.

*drops mike*
Pista
Cureboi

:D
Been fun. Except for the fact the FPL changed the H2H display format midway through the season.
Thanks @emilystrange for hosting the games here & for all the whatsapp laughs :notworthy:

Shed's offline currently. I think our media wall might have overloaded something
Looking at the fuses right now.
Fingers crossed

Edit: all fixed
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

theres a hell of a lot hanging on this last weekend so best of luck everyone...especially the mighty Liverpool (who really shouldnt f**k up at home with supporters against palace ...so are more than likely to.)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 22 May 2021, 19:31 theres a hell of a lot hanging on this last weekend so best of luck everyone...especially the mighty Liverpool (who really shouldnt f**k up at home with supporters against palace ...so are more than likely to.)
You'll be fine. Unless you get a 3-0 lead. Then start worrying :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Don't get me started about Woy or I'll end up tempting fates worse than Crystanbul again.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....