GW3 - Deadline Saturday 28th August 11 AM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Ello. Time for another GW! how the weeks fly... Hope everyone's getting along ok and having a lovely time with their team. I note some wildcards already. Steve has done a lovely job of pinning the scores to the Shed door.
We have some smashing fixtures for you this week, and we mustn't let the BB&S lead dismay us. We must push IGM to greater things! So, this is what will be happening, though some parts may not live up to expectations.

Saturday 28 August 2021

Man City 12:30 Arsenal Goodnight Arteta?
UK - BT Sport
Aston Villa 15:00 Brentford Villa looking good so far, but Brentford could possibly give them a scare
Brighton15:00 Everton Well.. umm...
Newcastle 15:00 Southampton I want Newcastle to do ok. I like some of their players. But it's not likely.
Norwich 15:00 Leicester Norwich scored 6 in the Carabao with the new boys getting 2 each. More of that please! Foxes didn't do well and could be stumbling.
West Ham 15:00 Crystal Palace Palace need to get started quick.
Liverpool 17:30 Chelsea This could be an indicator for the rest of the season. Both have to build on what they have.
UK - Sky Sports

Sunday 29 August 2021

Burnley 14:00 Leeds Both need a result, so a gritty Northern battle on the cards. Bamford in the England squad!
UK - Sky Sports
Spurs 14:00 Watford Presumably Kane is playing now he's 'decided' to stay. Spurs looking good so far though.
Wolves 16:30 Man Utd Wolves not getting what they want, United not doing badly. Bit of a scrap.
UK - Sky Sports

Down week in general. Dementia diagnoses, players not going to red list countries for the internationals, nervous times. Today's news of City's Mendy being charged on four accounts of rape and one of sexual assault has just hit me in the gut a bit, too.

K, dudes, sort your teams, check injuries, pull your socks up (none of us are Grealish) and let's go!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

Palace will totally win this week

we are fcuked aren't we?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yes but the hope will still be killing you
Pista
Cureboi

:kiss:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

emilystrange wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 19:31 Hope everyone's getting along ok and having a lovely time with their team.
No Boss, the opposite of that. Sod letting players off round the world mid-global pandemic, it's getting them back from round the world that's scuppered my first 2 GWs. It's a whole new layer of strategic planning. Ordinarily I'd say GW3 is too soon for the Wildcard panic button, but these are extraordinary times.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

wait till after the internationals! oh heck. better go do my team.
Pista
Cureboi

BT Sport commentators already verbally fellating Grealish
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Bit of a gamble picking Torres today but seems to have paid off
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 14:20 Bit of a gamble picking Torres today but seems to have paid off
Isn't he, along with Jesus, the main striker this season for Citeh? He's defo in my team. :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

bearskin wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 19:09
Pista wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 14:20 Bit of a gamble picking Torres today but seems to have paid off
Isn't he, along with Jesus, the main striker this season for Citeh? He's defo in my team. :lol:
It's hard to tell with Pep teams.
He hardly ever fields a dedicated striker. Just false nines.
Even Jesus was playing out wide this weekend
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

'Even Jesus'? You KNOW Jesus plays everywhere. At once.
Pista
Cureboi

With @emilystrange on her merry way down to that London (& due to the fact Norwich apparently unplugged the interweb last night) I've been asked to post the GW results. So here goes..
The BB&S took the classic week with 661 points. :notworthy:
Deja Vu Twenty Two now don the
Image :notworthy:

While Oliver's Army's 84 points were enough to secure the

The table

Close run thing in the H2H with the BB&S & EIB level on 18 apiece. :notworthy:
But Deja Vu Twenty Two now compliments the jersey with the
The standings currently

Well played all :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Yes, sorry, kids, I just couldn't get anything to work and when you're trying to pack, get work done and buy train tickets AND discover when I might get my actual Sissies tickets, panic may ensue.
But all is well, except for this week's results, dammit.
Sisters were pretty damn fine last night, couldn't stop grinning. Which isn't very goth, but they're not goth, so if the two cancel out maybe it was goth?