Simon Gallup

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

What's all this I hear? Leaving?

Pista - You know about all things Cure related. What's occurring? :eek:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

He posted a message on his farcebook thing the other night to say he was no longer a member of The Cure because he was "tired of betrayal". That has since been removed.
But there are all sorts of conspiracy theories buzzing round on social media and speculation like you wouldn't believe. I saw one idiot suggesting Bob issued a law suit which made Simon take the post down.
Porl/Pearl even weighed in at one point with an ultra cryptic message that everyone assumed was a direct barb at Robert. Despite it not even mentioning the bloke at all.
Roger also made a joke about Lol being spotted buying a bass guitar resulting in a lot of stick and setting Roger off on a Twitter blocking spree.
Bottom line, it seems he's not been entirely happy for a while. For what reason(s) nobody other than Simon knows.
If it's true, then that's just something fans need to live with. He's dished out so much happiness over the past 40 or so years so a huge thanks to him for that and all the best in whatever he does in the future.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Silver_Owl
The Don

Pista wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 09:50 He's dished out so much happiness over the past 40 or so years so a huge thanks to him for that and all the best in whatever he does in the future.
Totally agree with this. :notworthy: Along with Hooky he's been my favourite bass player for the last 30+ years (not quite the 40 they've been around!).
Always seems like a good lad. As does Bob to be fair. Who knows what goes on behind the closed doors of the studio. :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Oh bugger, I've been a bit busy and so have only just re-entered the digisphere. Sad news indeed.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Silver_Owl wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 09:59 Totally agree with this. :notworthy: Along with Hooky he's been my favourite bass player for the last 30+ years (not quite the 40 they've been around!).
Awesome bass player. I remember my 16-yr old head imploding one night in Brighton at the first notes played. Been a fan since.
(Although i do recall voting for Robbie Shakespeare as the best bass player in a poll somewhere around here once).
Pista
Cureboi

Seems he's had a change of heart
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Ooooh, G*th overlords recruit groovy bass player has a nice ring to it. Let's hope it's habit forming.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Is it his right leg he's got in at the minute, or the left one?
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Swinnow
Overbomber

Is that the Hooky cokey?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

*high five*
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Swinnow
Overbomber

:notworthy:
SONYPA10
Road Kill

I had seen THE CURE concert just once.
However another Gallup played bass at that time... (2019)
Pista
Cureboi

SONYPA10 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 15:09 I had seen THE CURE concert just once.
However another Gallup played bass at that time... (2019)
Yep. Eden stepped in for his old man at Fuji Rock.
He did a second time at their Austin City Limits gig the same year.
Did a mighty fine job too :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity