Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Got it earlier tonight - already about a hundred pages in. And yes - a larger volume than expected. Thoroughly enjoying it so far!
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Arrived this morning in Ireland, no extra fees, already glued to it, it's a beautiful thing. Congrats Mark.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Got notified that it's arrived at a shop which is closed now. Will get it on Monday after paying 7,66€ in extra fees.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Wow - just finished it. Fantastic read. There’s a lot I didn’t know. I wonder how many demos never got leaked?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

a lot of people saying how much they got a buzz out of seeing their name in print; yet with the exception of HL's Chaotician who can do whatever the f**k she wants by me, i wouldnt care to be in the SUPERFANNYS section at the front...even if it werent a "PAY-TO-LOOK-GOOD" bit for wankers. :twisted: :von:
:bat:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

abraxas
Road Kill

Finished it, very good read. All we need now is Von's own account of events

I will not be holding my breath
Still one of the pesky kids
radiojamaica
Overbomber

oh my... most have received their book by now it seems?

Damn, I'm beginning to feel left out. F*ck you, Brexit :(

I should be used to waiting, being a sisters person & all that ;)

ps: hi all, long time no see, hope all is well in the Heartland?
in dub we trust
GC
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 08:33 a lot of people saying how much they got a buzz out of seeing their name in print; yet with the exception of HL's Chaotician who can do whatever the f**k she wants by me, i wouldnt care to be in the SUPERFANNYS section at the front...even if it werent a "PAY-TO-LOOK-GOOD" bit for wankers. :twisted: :von:
But you did find it important enough to join us in the averagefanny's in the back of the book :innocent:
GC
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 12:34 oh my... most have received their book by now it seems?

If you live in NL or Belgium you may have an email from Post NL about custom charges that you firstly need to pay - this very often goes into the Spam or Advert (reclame) file.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

GC wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 12:53 If you live in NL or Belgium you may have an email from Post NL about custom charges that you firstly need to pay - this very often goes into the Spam or Advert (reclame) file.
Belgium indeed. But nope, don't think I received anything. Just checked the spam filter, plenty of stuff there, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for...
(I did confirm my adress to Unbound a while ago)

I know some Belgian friends received their books last week already here, but I will just have to be more patient 8)
in dub we trust
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, still waiting for mine in Ireland. Not a big problem - super busy at the moment, but looking forward to reading it over the next few weeks.
ruffers
Overbomber

GC wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 12:51
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 08:33 a lot of people saying how much they got a buzz out of seeing their name in print; yet with the exception of HL's Chaotician who can do whatever the f**k she wants by me, i wouldnt care to be in the SUPERFANNYS section at the front...even if it werent a "PAY-TO-LOOK-GOOD" bit for wankers. :twisted: :von:
But you did find it important enough to join us in the averagefanny's in the back of the book :innocent:
Lots of people hiding behind their real names there :lol:
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Gothicbiff

To anyone who bought access to the playlist..
I don't have a Spotify account, and don't want one, but can't open the playlist without an account. Does anyone know a way round this?
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

me neither. but then again i didnt reply to that email asking me if i want to send the book right away or whether i am willing to wait until they find some arrangement.
shrug.

[quote=radiojamaica post_id=699261 time=1637062469 user_id=981]
oh my... most have received their book by now it seems?

[/quote]
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

Gothicbiff wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 15:09 To anyone who bought access to the playlist..
I don't have a Spotify account, and don't want one, but can't open the playlist without an account. Does anyone know a way round this?
The playlist is just on Spotify. I use the free version i.e. I get advert interruptions etc. So no charge to hear the playlist ...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ah yes, I left that unturned also. True...

panzerfaust wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 15:33 me neither. but then again i didnt reply to that email asking me if i want to send the book right away or whether i am willing to wait until they find some arrangement.
shrug.

radiojamaica wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 12:34 oh my... most have received their book by now it seems?

in dub we trust
Drsisters

Being645 wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 15:23 Got notified that it's arrived at a shop which is closed now. Will get it on Monday after paying 7,66€ in extra fees.
Don't complain :D :D I have to pay 20€ in extra fees. First 9€ in import taxes then 11€ in custom fee for them to process my parcel.. f**king wankers..
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Mine arrived in Donegal yesterday ....
Todashi wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 13:14 Yeah, still waiting for mine in Ireland. Not a big problem - super busy at the moment, but looking forward to reading it over the next few weeks.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Drsisters wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 09:33
Being645 wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 15:23 Got notified that it's arrived at a shop which is closed now. Will get it on Monday after paying 7,66€ in extra fees.
Don't complain :D :D I have to pay 20€ in extra fees. First 9€ in import taxes then 11€ in custom fee for them to process my parcel.. f**king wankers..
Similar for me, 14 SEK tax and 75 SEK handling fee :? :?
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

ordered mine @bol.com, not received yet but fair price
radiojamaica wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 13:01
GC wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 12:53 If you live in NL or Belgium you may have an email from Post NL about custom charges that you firstly need to pay - this very often goes into the Spam or Advert (reclame) file.
Belgium indeed. But nope, don't think I received anything. Just checked the spam filter, plenty of stuff there, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for...
(I did confirm my adress to Unbound a while ago)

I know some Belgian friends received their books last week already here, but I will just have to be more patient 8)
- since 1992 -
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Apparently Ralph Waldo Emerson said "it is not the destination it is the journey" and many others of note have commented that the anticipation is better than the realisation.

So, I would just like to say a "Big Thank-You" to Amazon for increasing my anticipation by at least five weeks

My waiting should be "over by Christmas" - but History shows that not to be the most reliable of timescales
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
abridged
Slight Overbomber

deirfiur wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 10:29 Mine arrived in Donegal yesterday ....
Todashi wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 13:14 Yeah, still waiting for mine in Ireland. Not a big problem - super busy at the moment, but looking forward to reading it over the next few weeks.
Arrived in Derry at the beginning of last week. The joys of Brexit. Mind you it costs the same to send an Abridged to Buncrana (20 minutes away) in Donegal as it does to Brussels or Berlin. The joys of the Royal Mail.
The Chancer Corporation
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

million voices wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 11:28 Apparently Ralph Waldo Emerson said "it is not the destination it is the journey" and many others of note have commented that the anticipation is better than the realisation.

So, I would just like to say a "Big Thank-You" to Amazon for increasing my anticipation by at least five weeks

My waiting should be "over by Christmas" - but History shows that not to be the most reliable of timescales
Cancel order and get from another supplier? In the 8085 FB groups people have done that and it arrived. In stock at WH Smith for £20 and Bookshop.org for a bit more. Rough Trade for £20 and say 5-10 days. (Foyles. Waterstones and Hive - need to restock like Amazon)
SmileySister

My copy arrived in North Wales last week. I'm looking forward to reading it when I get a minute's peace :)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

hallucienate wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 10:41
Drsisters wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 09:33
Similar for me, 14 SEK tax and 75 SEK handling fee :? :?
Hell, that is even worse !!! ... :eek: :eek: ... I really feel sorry for everybody outside the UK. And all that thanks to the idiot brexit.
It's interesting, though, and good to know what additional cost can be expected when ordering stuff from the UK nowadays... :innocent:

Anyway, I've collected the book from the shop on Monday ... :D ;D ... now looking for a time window to start reading it ... :D ...