famous covers

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nyth Grandbeard
Amphetamine Filth

GC wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 22:35 System of a Down - Marian (did a short live rendition)
Thank you for bringing this cover to my attention, I had no idea it existed. System of a Down is definitely one of my favorite bands, and seeing them cover another one of my favorite bands is something I didn't know I needed!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
GC
Slight Overbomber

Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 23:31
GC wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 22:35 System of a Down - Marian (did a short live rendition)
Thank you for bringing this cover to my attention, I had no idea it existed. System of a Down is definitely one of my favorite bands, and seeing them cover another one of my favorite bands is something I didn't know I needed!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I think The Sisters were on the same day by the way.... but I may be wrong.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

NONE of these fuckkers are famous. only one i know of is meat loafs "more". URGH!! :urff: I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE BUT I WONT LISTEN TO THAT..
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Nyth Grandbeard
Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 09:34 NONE of these fuckkers are famous. only one i know of is meat loafs "more". URGH!! :urff: I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE BUT I WONT LISTEN TO THAT..
System of A Down are pretty famous, if you like metal I'd really recommend their album Toxicity, but any of their albums are pretty great. I don't think they have any skippable songs. Their live Sisters cover was a little lacking in energy but it's cool that it exists nonetheless.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 15:09
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 09:34 NONE of these fuckkers are famous. only one i know of is meat loafs "more". URGH!! :urff: I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE BUT I WONT LISTEN TO THAT..
System of A Down are pretty famous, if you like metal I'd really recommend their album Toxicity, but any of their albums are pretty great. I don't think they have any skippable songs. Their live Sisters cover was a little lacking in energy but it's cool that it exists nonetheless.
yeah system of a down are pretty famous. my little sis loves them. i think all their albums are very samey. 1 does the job of the entire catalogue. maybe nogz -sis- played the fuckers to death.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

czuczu wrote: 10 Nov 2021, 15:14
This is wonderful, she's amazing!

There was a very funny cover of Dominion, can't remember by whom. I'll try to find it.
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

Oh, there's this one by a fairly well known brazillian metal band:

Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
Fodderstompf
Amphetamine Filth

„Body Electric“ by Then Comes Silence… top band, very good version!