Gift reissue plus extras

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I can imagine him rejecting that due to size and positioning of the awful CADIZ logo :-)
mh
Above the Chemist

It'll be good for new fans to be able to get a legit copy of it, though. Not that they couldn't listen to a YouTube rip anyway, but still.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
czuczu
Overbomber

No MR logo or number?
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Aight, just placed my order.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I'm confused because it states remixed but also it includes the already available extended mix of gg. And for that reason I am out
Goths have feelings too
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

For some kind of strange reason I’ve doubled up a bit on the Sisters with CDs and downloads.
So watch me part with money when it hits iTunes…
robertzombie
Overbomber

It'll be a rip of the original CD with compression added.
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 23:53 It'll be a rip of the original CD with compression added.
Great, just what the world needs :lol: :lol:

As said before, what a let down and a bit of a waste of time. It was a nice little carrot for a while.
Nothing new but good for those that don't have it and the completist.

Who's server need to be hacked to hear the fabled Norman Cook remix...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
hellboy69

doctor_jeep wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 17:48 Kind of anticlimactic.
Totally. More of a whimper than a bang-bang.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Seems rather like buying bootlegs that are a slightly different colour to the bootleg you already own :?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
deckard303
Road Kill

Look closely and you will spot a personnel change on rear sleeve of this Cadiz release - looks like they've replaced legendary 1986 band member Alan Vela with some bloke called Alan Vega
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

pfffffft!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

Not even the instrumental version of GG on it? Why the hell should I pay for a CD I already got in exactly the same version??
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)
Pista
Cureboi

What was originally advertised over 3 years ago

What is actually going to happen
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

I see a reason to buy it. To play it instead of the original so to keep the original in better condition :innocent: :twisted: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 20:26 I see a reason to buy it. To play it instead of the original so to keep the original in better condition :innocent: :twisted: :bat:
For vinyl.. ok. But for a CD? :lol:
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)
iesus
Overbomber

Cedarjet wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 21:46
iesus wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 20:26 I see a reason to buy it. To play it instead of the original so to keep the original in better condition :innocent: :twisted: :bat:
For vinyl.. ok. But for a CD? :lol:
I didn't mention format if you read it again ^^ :lol: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Gothicbiff

I still have the vinyl, bought when it was released. But for some reason I don't have the CD, so.......ordered it :P
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

robertzombie wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 23:53 It'll be a rip of the original CD with compression added.
It is supposedly coming from the master tapes at least. I know that much as I know who found them
Goths have feelings too
mh
Above the Chemist

Yes, that was what I'd heard as well: the masters were found in a garage, lock-up or storage unit that everyone had forgotten about, and that was what had prompted the original reissue plans.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DomConway
Filth

Latest update from Cadiz says the record will be pressed on clear vinyl and a cassette will be released too later in 2023. Posting this from my phone and can’t figure out how to attach screenshot.
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Yggdrasil
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 13:32 Yes, that was what I'd heard as well: the masters were found in a garage, lock-up or storage unit that everyone had forgotten about, and that was what had prompted the original reissue plans.
Wee there any other tapes there as well besides the master tapes, e.g. the multi tracks? Oftentimes all kinds of interesting can be found on those
Pista
Cureboi

DomConway wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 13:49 Latest update from Cadiz says the record will be pressed on clear vinyl and a cassette will be released too later in 2023. Posting this from my phone and can’t figure out how to attach screenshot.
No 8 track or reel-to-reel?
That's me out then.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DomConway
Filth

the only thing to fear is fear itself
mh
Above the Chemist

Yggdrasil wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 21:30
mh wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 13:32 Yes, that was what I'd heard as well: the masters were found in a garage, lock-up or storage unit that everyone had forgotten about, and that was what had prompted the original reissue plans.
Wee there any other tapes there as well besides the master tapes, e.g. the multi tracks? Oftentimes all kinds of interesting can be found on those
No idea, other than the tapes it could have been stuffed full of life-size effigies of Wayne for all I know.