Twitter (muh freeze peach!)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

@iesus, Elon is fair, he also banned similar account tracking russian oligarchs.

And one even more seriuos note: Elon loves to be in the flash light, that's the price. Not to mention, guy did nothing illegal, if only you know plane number you can do the same thing using flightradar24.com or similar sites. But Elon reaction can be also explained by his tax purposed changing of domicile from California to Texas thus exposing and collecting and storing this might be used against him in tax evasion case, the main gravely crime that any bulionari/celebirty can do against us of a and be prosecuted for.

Anyhow, i'm waiting when somone from his surronding or he himself start throwing accusation about short selling conspiracy.
iesus
Overbomber

There must be something very wrong about the state of California. About a year now, i hear in podcasts from Us, that many people leave California and New york to move to Texas or Florida :?
Barnes and Viva Frei tell really strange stories about law cases in California and NY that are beyond logic :urff:
There must be things that we do not know and they must be very interesting. agree on that with you @Bartek but not only from EM. The feeling is that there are more interesting things t those that shout loud against him :wink: :bat:

Edit - Was hearing yesterdays Barnes and Viva and suddenly after a few minutes writing this they discuss about EM's tracking
https://rumble.com/v219eoy-ep.-142-flor ... te-an.html
about 2hours 18 minute
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

As i read/heard it's all about money (tax) and cost of living (obvously one is connected to another).
iesus
Overbomber

Rich people don't go to places to live for the cost of living (See case of Monaco, or other places on earth that rich people go to live) :lol:
I haven't heard of rich people go to live in a cheap place full of working class or immigrants cause of low cost of living ;)
Same applies to taxes... They have more than enough to be in an interesting place with interesting people and dont mind to pay a little more in some taxes.
This myth comes from people that have the mandra "We have to lower taxes to attract rich people come here...etc" And the answer is NO, whatever you do with your taxes or cost of living rich people will not come to your hood, cause it smells fish or chemicals and has nothing to be interesting to them to live there except poor people and bad smelly restaurants and pubs. They (rich people) want to live with people of their class and drink expensive wines in expensive restaurants and pay 500$ for a bottle of mineral water and 1.200$ for a plate fresh arctic crubs while they attend the sea (true story, true bill in Mykonos...) :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Yes and no, NYC is a great example, you can pay high tax to have apartment in the NYC or buy one on the other side of the Hudson river and pay substantialy lower property tax. If you really want to show the world and care about this status things then of course, you'll buy one in the NYC, but if you use reasoning then NJ is a better option.

Anyhow, internal policy of particular states of the us of a, is non of my concern, and has very little with this already few times derailed thread.
sultan2075
Overbomber

iesus wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 14:48 There must be something very wrong about the state of California. About a year now, i hear in podcasts from Us, that many people leave California and New york to move to Texas or Florida :?
Barnes and Viva Frei tell really strange stories about law cases in California and NY that are beyond logic :urff:
There must be things that we do not know and they must be very interesting. agree on that with you @Bartek but not only from EM. The feeling is that there are more interesting things t those that shout loud against him :wink: :bat:

Edit - Was hearing yesterdays Barnes and Viva and suddenly after a few minutes writing this they discuss about EM's tracking
https://rumble.com/v219eoy-ep.-142-flor ... te-an.html
about 2hours 18 minute
I can't speak for Florida, but one reason people move to Texas is that there's no state income tax. That does make a big difference. It's also generally cheaper for things like gas, food, and real estate (though the influx of Californians has driven the real estate market sky-high by Texas standards). When I moved to DC, I definitely had real-estate shock - I paid about 30% more for a tiny shoebox of a one-bedroom apartment on the outskirts of DC than I'd been paying for a giant, gorgeous apartment on the 23rd floor of a downtown Dallas high-rise. It's a big difference. One of the other things that has brought people to Texas (and Florida) from places like NY, California, etc., is the way they handled Covid. Here in DC, for example, there was (and for some people, still is) a degree of panic about Covid that strikes me as bordering on madness. That was never the case in Texas (while it's possible they went to far in the other direction, it looks a lot saner to me than what we saw here).

Texas is also a much more business-friendly state - a lot of companies are moving there because the state incentivizes them to come. That was how I ended up there as a teenager; my father worked for a company that left New York City for north Texas in the late 80's. When I moved to DC, I caught the governor of Texas running TV and radio ads trying to convince companies to leave Maryland and move to Texas. If you want to open a business, Texas makes it easier on you.

As for California in particular, my impression (from media, as well as friends and family that live there) is that it's very poorly governed, taxes the hell out of you, is ridiculously expensive (prohibitively so if you want to raise a family and are not fabulously wealthy), and the major cities are looking more and more like dystopias every day (which is a shame, because while I could do without Los Angeles as a matter of principle, I dearly love San Francisco).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
iesus
Overbomber

@sultan2075 thank you very much for the clearer image about the situation around those states :notworthy:
At least some of my questions were answered or some things i have heard makes more sense :D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
XidiouX
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 02:44 I should probably make an "all-beef diet" joke here but I'm far too tired to think of one.
I can't think of an all-beef yoke either. :wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Twitter being sued by Crown Estates for non-payment of rent :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit to add Linky
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

"WWIII" was 'trending' on twitter for all of an hour after i first noticed it around an hour and a half ago, and ive been on there all night, on and off. now its not. for comparison "Les Dennis" was trending for nearly 24 hours. censorship doesnt even come into it! what the f**k man...

EDIT: ok its back up there so i may have been wrong. happens.

EDIT 2: and gone again from the list whilst topics with far fewer tweets remain. make of that what you will. i dont care any more . because much more worryingly it seems that regardless of who's version of events is actually true, all viewpoints seem to indicate that we are marching inexorably towards the unthinkable. fuckks sakes...
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: