GW29 - Deadline Saturday 1st April 11.00

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Hello! We're fresh from England wins, reasonable start for Wales, and two wins for Scotland in one week, one against Spain! :eek: Also important was Conte leaving Spurs. Better than that, IGM won another GW! We are on Scotland form! :lol:

This week has a lot of teams with DGWs, so check things out and sort it!

Saturday 1 April 2023

Man City 12:30 Liverpool I'm not sure that this will be the classic of a couple of years ago, but it's still an important fixture.
UK - BT Sport
Arsenal 15:00 Leeds Arsenal looking to keep the gap openat the top, having watched the City game first. Both only play once this GW.
Bournemouth 15:00 Fulham I quite like the look of this game, it might be very entertaining. Possibly. Specially with some missing Cottagers.
Brighton 15:00 Brentford The Bees are quite a force these days, whilst Brighton are.. not.
Crystal Palace 15:00 Leicester A meeting of current equals? Hodgson apparently doing the Mrs a favour and going back to work.
Nott'm Forest 15:00 Wolves Localish derby, so might be a damp squib.
Chelsea 17:30 Aston Villa A couple of mid range teams have a bash at each other. Red card predicted somewhere.
UK - Sky Sports

Sunday 2 April 2023

West Ham 14:00 Southampton Hammers off on holiday. On paper they should win.
UK - Sky Sports
Newcastle 16:30 Man Utd I'm hoping to watch a gem of battle for Europe places
UK - Sky Sports

Monday 3 April 2023

Everton 20:00 Spurs It'll be one of THOSE games. :eek:
UK - Sky Sports

Tuesday 4 April 2023

Bournemouth 19:45 Brighton zzzzzz
Leeds 19:45 Nott'm Forest Forest to win 3-1
Leicester 19:45 Aston Villa Oooer. Not quite as crunch as the Baggies Derby, but enough of an edge to make it interesting.
Chelsea 20:00 Liverpool Hard fought, hard won.
UK - Sky Sports

Wednesday 5 April 2023

Man Utd 20:00 Brentford Resurging team v Surging team.
West Ham 20:00 Newcastle The last games they played will make a difference, but both have an awful lot to fight for.
UK - Sky Sports

So, you've got a few hours. GO GO GO and see if IGM can make it a hat trick. ;D
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Looking fwd to a decent win for the Mighty Whites against Palace this weekend.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

there's hope in the hills!
Pista
Cureboi

bearskin wrote: 08 Apr 2023, 06:57 Looking fwd to a decent win for the Mighty Whites against Palace this weekend.
:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 09 Apr 2023, 15:43
bearskin wrote: 08 Apr 2023, 06:57 Looking fwd to a decent win for the Mighty Whites against Palace this weekend.
Bloody hell. Never saw that coming.
How can your team have been so bad under Vieira, and look like Barca under Woy?
Typical LUFC - game should have been put to bed by half time. LUFC dominate = 1 goal, Palace dominate = 5 goals
Well done anyway.
Pista
Cureboi

bearskin wrote: 09 Apr 2023, 19:22
Pista wrote: 09 Apr 2023, 15:43
Bloody hell. Never saw that coming.
How can your team have been so bad under Vieira, and look like Barca under Woy?
Typical LUFC - game should have been put to bed by half time. LUFC dominate = 1 goal, Palace dominate = 5 goals
Well done anyway.
I wasn't expecting that either. I had a 1-2 prediction but that second half was off the scale.
Michael Olise was sensational
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Wrapping up on the DGW! This GW saw Potter, Conte and Rodgers go, so it was kinda busy.

Man City 4-1 Liverpool The Grealish, De Bruyne and Alvarez show. There were hopes for Salah, but.. no.
Arsenal 4-1 Leeds Ramsdale made as many saves as Leeds conceded goals, but still a bit dismal for them up north
Bournemouth 2-1 Fulham Well, it had a lot of bookings, mostly Fulham.
Brighton 3-3 Brentford Not sure this was expected on paper. Brentford made 11 saves!
Crystal Palace 2-1 Leicester Roy does the business! Back on track for palace, back managerless for Leicester.
Nott'm Forest 1-1 Wolves Can't say I registered much of this, but Forest could do with the point.
Chelsea 0-2 Aston Villa No reds, but lots of yellow. Potter back to the cupboard under the stairs.
West Ham 1-0 Southampton Have the Saints found a steel backbone?
Newcastle 2-0 Man Utd Not so much of a gem. Utd were a bit pants and looked struggly.
Everton 1-1 Spurs It was one of those, indeed. They both deserved only a point. 10 men each, could have gone anywhere.
Bournemouth 0-2 Brighton zzzzzz
Leeds 2-1 Nott'm Forest Leeds managed to win summat! They didn't win the booking count, though.
Leicester 1-2 Aston Villa Leicester fade just a little bit more...
Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool Hard fought, hard drawn.
Man Utd 1-0 Brentford Rashford and Sabitzer do the biz
West Ham 1-5 Newcastle My my. This was a cracker. Some lovely defending somewhere.

Being a DGW, high scores were on the cards but it wasn't quite as good as maybe.

The table:

The Yellow Jersey is ready for an Easter wash, Dead Men Walking!

BSO goes to Defoe Ate My Toe with 125 big ones

Over on the H2H:

Which means that the Crown is worn by Defoe Ate My Toe

IGM not winning the league but not doing badly really.

That's GW29 done, GW30 over on TCC, and GW 31 coming up soon!