2023-05-14, Brooklyn Bowl, Las Vegas USA

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Thanks for the reviews links and of course the filmers / sharers on yt. All sounds good to me, roll on autumn :D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Agree US crowds suck

For me, wasn’t as good as the festival but still good

I get the feeling that there is a one hour and a one hour twenty version which is probably why OTB was out. We will see

Von was struggling with his sound throughout which is a shame. As a result he wasn’t so active (but then nor was the audience

Eventually Lucretia will make it out and you’ll hear the false start again because Von couldn’t hear himself so missed his cue.

At the front Ben was very low in the mix so the YouTube is misleading imho

Got a setlist as per. Gave it away in front of a person offering $100 for it (mad)
Goths have feelings too
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Sound was perfect and really loud since the intro kicked in... von's voice was very good when he wanted to... really nice, big and packed venue
I enjoyed a lot.... take it or leave it, as simple as that... seeing them at Las Vegas is a dream come true for me... this night LA.
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Funny how much sound must depend on where you are. The mix sounded great to me, loud and strong.

Caligula was excellent, big stand out. All around good show. Yes, the crowds here are awful, but I’m hoping they’ll be better outside of Vegas. Some drunk someone threatened to bring a bunch of birthday hats for today, so there’s that!
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Deleting duplicate post
Last edited by Chaotican on 16 May 2023, 23:17, edited 4 times in total.
Rantz Hoseley
Road Kill

I DO hope they bring Black Sail and On The Beach to at least ONE of the Los Angeles shows...

Very happy to see HERE and BUT GENEVIEVE on the list, tho'!
Being645 wrote: 15 May 2023, 10:24 Setlist according to last.fm ... so they didn't play On The Beach ?...

Don't Drive On Ice
Ribbons
Crash And Burn
Alice
I Will Call You
First And Last And Always
But Genevieve
Dominion/Mother Russia
Giving Ground
Show Me
Marian
More
Doctor Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
Eyes Of Caligula
Something Fast
I Was Wrong
Here
Instrumental 86
When I'm On Fire

Lucretia, My Reflection
Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Being645
Above the Chemist

Giving Ground ... great performance, brilliant sound ... ;D ... that change in the background harmonies offers space for development, though, or ...
I gotta get used to it with time ... :lol: ... a second listen makes it better already ... :lol: ... and obviously it was a great show ... ;D ...

Anyway, there are also great videos of Alice, FALAA :notworthy: , and Temple of Love in the same channel ... fully recommendable.

And here's half the show starting with Crash And Burn and ending with Show Me ... wow ... ;D ...

LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Aliiiiceee, don't GIVE IT AWAAaAAAAaaaaYyyyy

And Ben, stop singing over andy :lol:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 16 May 2023, 03:43 Giving Ground ... great performance, brilliant sound ... ;D ... that change in the background harmonies offers space for development, though, or ...
I gotta get used to it with time ... :lol: ... a second listen makes it better already ... :lol: ... and obviously it was a great show ... ;D ...

Anyway, there are also great videos of Alice, FALAA :notworthy: , and Temple of Love in the same channel ... fully recommendable.

And here's half the show starting with Crash And Burn and ending with Show Me ... wow ... ;D ...

If they’re gonna sing harmonies on Giving Ground, they really need to turn Bens mic down.
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
Being645
Above the Chemist

TheGoodSon wrote: 16 May 2023, 12:13 If they’re gonna sing harmonies on Giving Ground, they really need to turn Bens mic down.
Often enough, he is disturbingly loud, and on Giving Ground he also sings "harmonies" or "melodies" or "tones", name it as you will, that won't get the song across with my hearing habits and expectations ... Though, while deiberately dashing expectations has always been a dear strategy of The Sisters as much as of other bands, I feel for Ben. In some vids you can hear him trying to be less noisy, but no chance ... some vocal expressions require usings one's voice to the full of its capacities. It won't work otherwise. What a quandary ... :( ... Could it be some Americans have a bias towards lead guitarists (for Heaven knows why) and thus feel the need to welcome them with preferential treatment like turning up their volume in case the next solo is near. Dylan's mic is not that loud ... but hell, only speculation. After all, they can't destroy every song and every gig with that mess ...
satanarchist
Road Kill

A bunch of us got to hear the soundcheck and everything seemed very balanced then
Being645
Above the Chemist

That is pleasing to hear... :D ... and good you could be there ... :D :notworthy: ...

Anyway, it was clearly a better show than it seemed at first ... :D ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Sun,_14-May-2023
Last edited by Being645 on 16 May 2023, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
satanarchist
Road Kill

Also, there was a false start to Lucretia. Von made them stop and start again stronger.
iesus
Overbomber

From the vids posted, not only for this particular date, but for all U.s. dates so far. Those attend in U.s. don't understand how valuable are the vids and recordings of the new material :lol: :lol:
oh, well, when they realise, it might be too late :roll: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

One more thing: did it strike anyone else as rather mean-spirited that Von introduced Lucretia with “it’s not over ‘til the fat lady sings” … or did I read too much into it?
[repeat x40]
satanarchist
Road Kill

kafka wrote: 20 May 2023, 16:17 One more thing: did it strike anyone else as rather mean-spirited that Von introduced Lucretia with “it’s not over ‘til the fat lady sings” … or did I read too much into it?
I thought he said that before TC, not Lucretia.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

satanarchist wrote: 20 May 2023, 17:39
kafka wrote: 20 May 2023, 16:17 One more thing: did it strike anyone else as rather mean-spirited that Von introduced Lucretia with “it’s not over ‘til the fat lady sings” … or did I read too much into it?
Me too… last and predictable song and all that

Eta - I could be wrong having drunk rather a lot of beer sampling trays in the bar beforehand
Goths have feelings too
satanarchist
Road Kill

paint it black wrote: 20 May 2023, 18:09
satanarchist wrote: 20 May 2023, 17:39
Me too… last and predictable song and all that

Eta - I could be wrong having drunk rather a lot of beer sampling trays in the bar beforehand
Thankfully, video review of the encore on YouTube confirms it was said before This Corrosion
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

I stand happily corrected!
[repeat x40]