2023-05-23 Hollywood Palladium Los Angeles CA

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Wow, that sounds like a pretty special show! Thanks all for sharing the info, pics & clips x
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

hellboy69 wrote: 24 May 2023, 22:09 Wow, that sounds like a pretty special show! Thanks all for sharing the info, pics & clips x
Indeed sounds like a blast !!! Hope some more surprises turn up the next days.
Now looking for an 'On the beach' video.
FireInReptileHouse

Peter KJ wrote: 24 May 2023, 22:18
hellboy69 wrote: 24 May 2023, 22:09 Wow, that sounds like a pretty special show! Thanks all for sharing the info, pics & clips x
Indeed sounds like a blast !!! Hope some more surprises turn up the next days.
Now looking for an 'On the beach' video.
Do update if found absolutely chomping at the bit waiting for a good quality recording of on the beach :)
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Being645
Above the Chemist

Best sounding TOL video so far ... :) ...

ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote: 24 May 2023, 18:01 Ouch... My head hurts. That was a good one

PIB troll was front row baby. Until he gave it away to a local lass along with Dylan's set list. coz he's good like that
PIB is indeed a great guy. It was a pleasure to finally meet you. Twas a blast.

This was easily the best of the four shows I’ve seen. Sound was very good and even AE commented that it was better than the last show at the end of the main set. I did wonder why they were showing green lights as the band returned for the encores - it’s quite easy these days to tell what song is coming by the colour of the lights! Great to see Terri Nunn belting out ToL though it left me wondering if they did try to rehearse Under the Gun and changed their mind. Nice to see Summer back in the set, and in its well worn spot after Dominion - always thought Summer would make a great opening track.

Edit - addition… there was a couple of things very strange about last night I forgot to mention. The selling of popcorn at a rock gig! A new one on me - not sure it will catch on in the UK. The other was the guy I spotted carrying a tiny Yorkshire terrier dog! An emotional support dog? If that was the case then there are a good few HeartLanders who could use one of them through the years. Only in California would it happen, and be allowed to happen. Still makes the world not such a dull place.

Great to see Dylan and Davey taking pix with the crowd after the show. Never saw Ben but he may have been there.

So all in all a good night was had by all, and I got a setlist, in fact the one above Charlie post from IG is mine that someone asked to take a pic.

To top it all I had a day at the beach…think I’ve heard that somewhere before!!!

Next stop Camden in September…
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
DJW
Road Kill

I suspect Dr. Avalanche hasn’t been fully programmed for Under the Gun live and to have done so would have required too much effort.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Um, wow. I feel like that's the first 'thing' to have happened in Sisters-land for at least twenty years. Wow.

Not 100% sure about Bens vocals strangely, and he's normally on point, but the whole thing was something else. Wish they'd done UtG too though...
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Superb performance of On The Beach on the recording currently available over in Sharing :notworthy: anyone care to shed any light on the girlie vocals towards the end? It's either Terri offstage, or, and we wouldn't want to get people jumping to conclusions here, backing track vocals? Wherever it's coming from it sounds great :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
lilac
Road Kill

Those extra stuff in the ending of On The Beach make it so much better, not just the vocals but I feel like they changed it more than that
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

DJW wrote: 25 May 2023, 07:49 I suspect Dr. Avalanche hasn’t been fully programmed for Under the Gun live and to have done so would have required too much effort.
From speaking to the band the entire thing was only decided about an hour before the show started. No sound check no rehearsal

Doktor is programmed with all Sisters songs, including the very old ones
Goths have feelings too
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote: 25 May 2023, 18:26 Superb performance of On The Beach on the recording currently available over in Sharing :notworthy: anyone care to shed any light on the girlie vocals towards the end? It's either Terri offstage, or, and we wouldn't want to get people jumping to conclusions here, backing track vocals? Wherever it's coming from it sounds great :notworthy:
I love On The Beach, and I simply can not get those files in the Sharing section to work 😫 Would it be possible for someone to make it available through any other means?
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
paint it black

lilac wrote: 25 May 2023, 18:59 Those extra stuff in the ending of On The Beach make it so much better, not just the vocals but I feel like they changed it more than that
Every song has been tweaked between Bruno and USA. There’s a lot more keyboard in the older songs and new structures and even lyrics in the new songs
Goths have feelings too
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

TheGoodSon wrote: 25 May 2023, 19:53
Planet Dave wrote: 25 May 2023, 18:26 Superb performance of On The Beach on the recording currently available over in Sharing :notworthy: anyone care to shed any light on the girlie vocals towards the end? It's either Terri offstage, or, and we wouldn't want to get people jumping to conclusions here, backing track vocals? Wherever it's coming from it sounds great :notworthy:
I love On The Beach, and I simply can not get those files in the Sharing section to work 😫 Would it be possible for someone to make it available through any other means?
If you're still struggling, the original post by Pista has a link to mp3s :D shouldn't be any problem to play these :)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote: 25 May 2023, 20:04
TheGoodSon wrote: 25 May 2023, 19:53
If you're still struggling, the original post by Pista has a link to mp3s :D shouldn't be any problem to play these :)
Thank you so much! 😃👍🏻
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Made a page about this excellent gig ... :) ... it's so refreshing to see the tour now in full play

and The Sisters creating atmospheres exciting as hell... :twisted: :lol: ;D :notworthy: ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Tue,_23-May-2023
LyanvisAberrant

Is there a version of this gig currently available in sharing? I'm confused. I can't find it.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 26 May 2023, 09:22
Is there a version of this gig currently available in sharing? I'm confused. I can't find it.
Do check Sharing section, Sisters on dime thread Page 37 out
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 26 May 2023, 01:33 Made a page about this excellent gig ... :) ... it's so refreshing to see the tour now in full play

and The Sisters creating atmospheres exciting as hell... :twisted: :lol: ;D :notworthy: ...

Set list wrong at the end
Temple
Lucretia
Corrosion
LyanvisAberrant

dtsom wrote: 26 May 2023, 10:01
LyanvisAberrant wrote: 26 May 2023, 09:22
Do check Sharing section, Sisters on dime thread Page 37 out
Thank you, i missed that! Got there in the end. Sounds fantastic.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
paint it black

sisterstekland wrote: 26 May 2023, 10:22
Being645 wrote: 26 May 2023, 01:33 Made a page about this excellent gig ... :) ... it's so refreshing to see the tour now in full play

Temple
Lucretia
Corrosion
Correct Miss Nunn was introduced by the house announcer as ‘one of your own’ to start the encore
Goths have feelings too
Rantz Hoseley
Road Kill

ROBBIE wrote: 25 May 2023, 01:11
Edit - addition… there was a couple of things very strange about last night I forgot to mention. The selling of popcorn at a rock gig! A new one on me - not sure it will catch on in the UK. The other was the guy I spotted carrying a tiny Yorkshire terrier dog! An emotional support dog? If that was the case then there are a good few HeartLanders who could use one of them through the years. Only in California would it happen, and be allowed to happen. Still makes the world not such a dull place.
We were hanging on the back wall of 'the pit' and we saw this big ol' guy walk on by with a tiny yorkie on his shoulder, which led us to mouth WHAT THE BBQ'd f**k?!? to each other. I've been to hundreds of shows in Los Angeles, but that was a new one for me.
sultan2075
Overbomber

paint it black wrote: 26 May 2023, 13:00

Correct Miss Nunn was introduced by the house announcer as ‘one of your own’ to start the encore
That wasn't Ben? I've only listened to the recording once so far, but thought it was him.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

sisterstekland wrote: 26 May 2023, 10:22

Temple
Lucretia
Corrosion
Ah ok, corrected that ... thanks ... :) ...
Gothicbiff

A review and great photos, from Ben's FB 😊

https://www.thevinyldistrict.com/losang ... dium-5-23/
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Gothicbiff wrote: 26 May 2023, 22:18 A review and great photos, from Ben's FB 😊

https://www.thevinyldistrict.com/losang ... dium-5-23/
Nice! Thanks for sharing the link Liz 8) :notworthy: