Your Hypothetical New Sisters Album Track List

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

As a fun graphic design, and thought exercise I decided to make a quick mock up of what a new sisters album could look like, and what order the new tracks could appear in which led me to wonder what your thoughts on a hypothetical track listing would look like. Here's mine:

1.) But Genevive (with intro)
2.) There's a Door
3.) Don't Drive on Ice
4.) When Im on Fire
5.) Summer
6.) Show Me
7.) Here
8.) Six Ways to Sunday
9.) Black Sail
10.) We are the Same, Susanne
11.) Eyes of Caligula
12.) On the Beach

:von: Check out my Artwork: https://x.com/NicksArtCorner :von:
satanarchist
Road Kill

Not the order I'd put them in, but yes
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Only a pedantic tw@t would point out that Genevieve is misspelt, or suggest that the cover is about 4 decades out of time, but song-wise a big YES to that album ;D :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 18:14 Only a pedantic tw@t would point out that Genevieve is misspelt, or suggest that the cover is about 4 decades out of time, but song-wise a big YES to that album ;D :notworthy:
Dang good catch on that typo, lol, and what can i say im a sucker for the old graphic style. :lol:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

That looks fantastic. It makes me very happy / sad. What a day that would be, to walk into a record shop and buy that (I got into the Sisters immediately after Vision Thing was released - I've NEVER had the experience of getting my hands on a proper new album from them :( )
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

'I Will Call You' or 'She's A Monster' (which hardly exists, I'll admit) in for Black Sail and Six Ways To Sunday?
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Floodland and VT suggests AE likes breaking up the sound / tempo with acoustic numbers
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
mh
Above the Chemist

A full 60, or even 40 minutes of ramalamalama is something you can do in your 20s when you're whacked out of your head and most of your audience is likewise. Otherwise you need to be the Ramones or Motorhead to pull it off, or you need a change in tempo. That's where old new songs like Romeo Down or War on Drugs helped as well.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

MrChris wrote: 07 Jul 2023, 11:53 Floodland and VT suggests AE likes breaking up the sound / tempo with acoustic numbers
Basically my thought process on the ordering of the tracks, I looked at all their albums and how they are paced out. I also chose 'On the Beach' as the final track because I came at this at the angle as the final Sisters album, and 'On the Beach' kinda seemed like a contemplative final "hoorah" track about the Sisters whole career especially with the line of "In the fever dreams of Alice" at the start.
Yggdrasil
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Looks fantastic (even with the graphics looking very retro, which isn't what the Sisters were ever about, even if it's a nice design)!

I'd swap out Susanne and On The Beach (IMO their worst song in a long time, silly predictable knee jerk political posturing) for I Will Call You and She's A Monster, saving Susanne for a 5 song EP with Summer, Crash And Burn, Romeo Down and War On Drugs.

Now we just need to figure out a way to make him do it.

Should be easy and straightforward.
satanarchist
Road Kill

Eyes of Caligula and Black Sail are probably my favorites out of the new songs, so as long as they appear on an official record, I'd be happy. A real shame it will never happen.
mh
Above the Chemist

I must be alone in liking Better Reptile. But then I was (almost) alone in liking YCBTO. :(
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

mh wrote: 07 Jul 2023, 22:39 I must be alone in liking Better Reptile. But then I was (almost) alone in liking YCBTO. :(
I love Better Reptile, but sadly we haven't heard the song in a while so it might've been left behind.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I’d buy that for a dollar!

My attempt at a running order:

Side A
Don’t Drive on Ice
But Genevieve
When I’m on Fire
Show Me
Black Sail

Side B
Here
Six ways to Sunday
I Will Call you
There’s A Door
Eyes of Caligula
On The Beach

Bonus tracks:
Instrumental 86
Better Reptile
She’s A Monster (Version) :-)
Being645
Above the Chemist

I love that setlist, Nyth Grandbeard ... :notworthy: :bat: :notworthy: ...

Not so much the cover. It doesn't look bad, but I guess a cover nowadays would vary again from what we already know... :D ...
DJW
Road Kill

Capping it at 12 tracks (which would in itself be a luxury!), and based on songs that feel finished, I’d go for:

Don’t Drive On Ice
Crash and Burn
I Will Call You
Show Me
Eyes of Caligula
Black Sail

But Genevieve
We Are The Sane, Suzanne
On The Beach
Here
When I’m on Fire
Romeo Down

The other idea would be to batch up the “old new” songs into Greatest Hits Volume Two: A Major Case Of Not Belonging.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 08 Jul 2023, 05:12
mh wrote: 07 Jul 2023, 22:39 I must be alone in liking Better Reptile. But then I was (almost) alone in liking YCBTO. :(
I love Better Reptile, but sadly we haven't heard the song in a while so it might've been left behind.
I too like Better Reptile. It's a great Sisters song. They're not happy enough yet with the lyrics, I think.
Also She's A Monster or some of the other tracks mentioned on the Live News Page but never heard so far ... :D ...
satanarchist
Road Kill

I tried to make a Playlist kind of mapping out a decent flow track into track. I may change the order a bit.
Check it out.
Husek

satanarchist wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 17:34

I tried to make a Playlist kind of mapping out a decent flow track into track. I may change the order a bit.
Check it out.
That's a good flow, I find Don't drive on Ice the perfect opener, and Crash and Burn is also a good fit for Side-B starter.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
satanarchist
Road Kill

Husek wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 18:32
satanarchist wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 17:34

Check it out.
That's a good flow, I find Don't drive on Ice the perfect opener, and Crash and Burn is also a good fit for Side-B starter.
I like it for an opener, strong start, high energy, good chorus. What would you suggest for the opener?

Also, it's 2023- digital rules the land. I didn't really take into account side A vs. B as much as I would have in the past, just thought what went well/ flowed overall.
hellboy69

Sweet playlist! Six Ways to Sunday is a cool outro...

I deliberately left pre-Christo cuts off my playlist but you've reminded me what an absolute thumper Crash & Burn is. And Summer shoulda-coulda-woulda been that 12" single in everyone's Sissies vinyl collection.

I still playlist in terms of side A & B, old habits i guess!
Valentine
Road Kill

Husek

Valentine wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 18:13
I love both songs.
Now I want a venn diagram for YCBTO and Better Reptile enjoyers
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Fodderstompf
Amphetamine Filth

Well, as Andy isn‘t capable of singing any more, someone should use AI and generate artificial Eldritch vocals out of Tobias Forsner‘s. There‘s a version of The Clash‘s „Train in Vain“ on Youtube with artificial Joe Strummer vocals, and I found it quite convincing.
twp
Amphetamine Filth

As is Johnny Cash singing Barbie Girl