tell me a secret *shooo*

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

ever want to tell a secret but you can't tell cause then it's not a secret anymore?

well now you can... the *shooo* oath within :hl:

i will start...i am exclusive to HL as MadameButterfly as this is the first and only board i post on except for fukcin fb but then under my real name.
...the *shooo* ~ there is no footprint of me if you try to google me :twisted: ;D :von: :bat:

....next
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Shhhhh… Ben Christo is now the lead singer for the Sisters. Von followed through on his ancient plan to “sort of” fire himself from the band and only does backups now.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

sultan2075 wrote: 13 May 2023, 00:02 Shhhhh… Ben Christo is now the lead singer for the Sisters. Von followed through on his ancient plan to “sort of” fire himself from the band and only does backups now.
Hahaha that is not true. Von's one job only is lead singer of the sisters. he told himself years ago. saw what happened first gig in USA and quite frankly what were you expecting? first gig after jet lag getting climatized...Ben has his own band as lead singer anyway and don't think he could be paid enough to do that job. :wink: :von:
that ongoing eternity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Now now, just a joke :D

I thoroughly enjoyed the show.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

MadameButterfly wrote: 13 May 2023, 00:19
sultan2075 wrote: 13 May 2023, 00:02 Shhhhh… Ben Christo is now the lead singer for the Sisters. Von followed through on his ancient plan to “sort of” fire himself from the band and only does backups now.
Hahaha that is not true. Von's one job only is lead singer of the sisters. he told himself years ago. saw what happened first gig in USA and quite frankly what were you expecting? first gig after jet lag getting climatized...Ben has his own band as lead singer anyway and don't think he could be paid enough to do that job. :wink: :von:
Don't forget Von's also the world's greatest avocado magnate! I wouldn't mind if Ben took more of a lead vocal role, if he would just lower by a couple of octaves.
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

A secret - I'm a big fan of 90's / early 2000's girl bands. Shhhhh.
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm partial to some Tom Petty and James Taylor, a trait I have in common with most other civilised evolved people.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i have a big collection of boarding school stories from 1930s onwards.
i'm also very fond of motown and phil spector's wall of sound
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

emilystrange wrote: 14 May 2023, 21:05 i have a big collection of boarding school stories from 1930s onwards.
i'm also very fond of motown and phil spector's wall of sound
phil spector was a genius. i dont understand this 'guilty pleasure' thing. unless you are a kiddy fiddler or somehing abhorrent what is there tp feel guilty abiout with pleasure? if i like something i couldnt give a f**k if sanyone else does. untl i came across HL i was convinced i was the only Sisters fan in the world.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 15 May 2023, 00:54 i dont understand this 'guilty pleasure' thing. unless you are a kiddy fiddler or somehing abhorrent what is there tp feel guilty abiout with pleasure?
90's / early 2000's girl bands? :lol:

Oh and 'tower of strength' just came on my playlist of liked songs
eastmidswhizzkid

Ian1971 wrote: 15 May 2023, 13:19
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 15 May 2023, 00:54 i dont understand this 'guilty pleasure' thing. unless you are a kiddy fiddler or somehing abhorrent what is there tp feel guilty abiout with pleasure?

i'm a massive Girls Aloud fan and really dont care who knows it!

Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 15 May 2023, 16:01
Ian1971 wrote: 15 May 2023, 13:19

i'm a massive Girls Aloud fan and really dont care who knows it!
Good to hear it! They were pretty great. Also Sugababes and the wonderful Tattoo!
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

I think that Stevens' Lady D'Arbanville (1970) and de Burgh's Spanish Train (1975) are way more "goth" that the entire back catalogues of most self-identified "goth" bands. For some value of "goth" I guess.
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

sultan2075 wrote: 13 May 2023, 03:06 Now now, just a joke :D

I thoroughly enjoyed the show.
:lol: yes i know just a bit of a flip with all the complaints that we always get when the sisters start another tour :wink:
i am seriously happy for you that you enjoyed the show :notworthy: there is always something that happens that gives one a giggle! i enjoy the gigs i go to too cause you never know what you will get but always go with an open mind and a little stoned :wink:
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

so *shooo* the sound the wise old owl does before telling you a tale :wink:
how very proud i am of my daughter 21 years of gorgeous years and studying again. this time "event and hospitality management" after she finished her diploma with cross media. she has started her own little business and promotes herself bless her heart ❤️
this is on yb so am hopefully copying the link...i am a boomer as they call me i just refer to it as old skool.

so show your daughters and all the lawyers you know but give her a like would boost her confidence.
she has other stories on there that really made me laugh like climbing mount everest
:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol:
that ongoing eternity
eastmidswhizzkid

MadameButterfly wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 23:04 so *shooo* the sound the wise old owl does before telling you a tale :wink:
how very proud i am of my daughter 21 years of gorgeous years and studying again. this time "event and hospitality management" after she finished her diploma with cross media. she has started her own little business and promotes herself bless her heart ❤️
this is on yb so am hopefully copying the link...i am a boomer as they call me i just refer to it as old skool.

so show your daughters and all the lawyers you know but give her a like would boost her confidence.
she has other stories on there that really made me laugh like climbing mount everest
:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol:
:notworthy:

Being645
Above the Chemist

Cool ... :D :notworthy: ... a real gap in the market ... we might need some Sisters bubble tooth fairies, too ... :lol: ;D ...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

@eastmidswhizzkid :kiss:
@Being645 no worries babe...will be selling them at both Netherlands gigs!
people can spot me with a butterfly on one of my vampire fangs :wink: :bat: :wake:
that ongoing eternity
XidiouX
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I touched Siouxsie Sioux's fingertip. On the Boomerang tour.

It was like that finger contact with God painting, you know the one. It was for a mere fraction of a second. Meanwhile the better-positioned guy next to me was fondling her knee for several minutes. She didn't complain. Maybe that was her problem knee and she appreciated the impromptu physio session.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

I'm a big fan of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Best rumba out there is The Lonely Bull

[/url][/url]
This place is death with walls
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Oh and you can find me on the internet, instagram facebook. Name it. :) I don't hide. Well except here. But you can easily trace me. Okay. That was a really boring comment.
This place is death with walls
eastmidswhizzkid

Shooooo! or whatever insanity clause our Debs has inserted...
I AM FUCKING AWESOME ME! that is all. :von:

sharedgum
Road Kill

I think that Peter Gabriel is great, but I also think that Genesis became a better band after he left the band.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

at least once a day, well on the days i work with all sorts, there is always someone i would like to punch in the face, always just one....

...in my mind cause obviously i really couldn't in my position...but if i could...
that ongoing eternity
Esoterica
Road Kill

I’m new to this board, and so far, after the requisite amount of lurking, that’s been a secret, too…