When You Don’t See Me

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Esoterica
Road Kill

In earlier concert videos, Eldritch was almost entirely shrouded by billowing smoke onstage, which made it easy not to have to interact much with the audience. The only thing spoken besides a song title was “Bye.” These days, things have changed a bit, and I wonder how many people have noticed. For example:
“America, we thought we fixed you. Then you f**ked it up. We’re here to fix it again.”
Now what do you suppose that means? Any similar experiences?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I was there and assumed it meant, in a round about way, and ignoring the financial bung, that the Sisters were last in America under the presidential election pre Trump. Didn't attend in the Trump years, and were now back again.

The only useful thing I ever witnessed was "normally we play gigs, and .... gigs are okay... but tonight......... tonight was a party. thank....... you.

Oh and he also said "we'll see you when the zombie apocalypse is over" as his way of cancelling the tour. 😂😂
Goths have feelings too
sultan2075
Overbomber

Hasn’t Von always been a relatively talkative (and at times quite hysterically funny) frontman?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Esoterica
Road Kill

Zombie apocalypse, read Covid. Some say it ended in May of this year, but “some of us are not so sure.” I lost an uncle and a cousin. Hideous bastard nuisance of a disease. That said, I think it’s great when Eldritch, or any star for that matter, talks to the audience. Gives a nice, warm sense of inclusion. You know, enjoying a joke, instead of being one?
Damaged+Done
Road Kill

I guess it depends on mood etc. There are many instances of him being hilarious usually as an odd the cuff remark to the audience, a heckler or a recent significant event - like with Trump.
I remember one gig in Dublin where he gave us an update on the football score because Ireland were playing that night!
Rise891
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

He spent more time talking onstage this last US tour then I have ever heard him. Mostly about the trump indictments.