2023-09-26. Paradiso, Amsterdam NL

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
ruffers
Overbomber

I'm right by Chris.

What he does is draw a line through a song on the set list when it's done, then clicks a bit, then readopts the pose as the next tune starts.

:lol:
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Why don’t they just give Chris a guitar?!
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
mh
Above the Chemist

TheGoodSon wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 19:51 Why don’t they just give Chris a guitar?!
He hasn't learned the new songs. That'll take time, if it happens at all.

Genevieve.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 19:49 I'm right by Chris.

What he does is draw a line through a song on the set list when it's done, then clicks a bit, then readopts the pose as the next tune starts.

tough job
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hope Von gives Ben some/all of Dylan’s fee…
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 19:42 Chris Andrew Ben
They've become ''Christo the Unstoppable Sisters Machine'.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Almiche V wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 20:04
Is Von playing Jimbob or Fruitbat?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
ruffers
Overbomber

DocSommer wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 19:58

tough job
True, but his Sharpie action is exemplary, you can't fake this.
Last edited by ruffers on 26 Sep 2023, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
mh
Above the Chemist

Marian gets the German verse
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 20:12
DocSommer wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 19:58

tough job
True, but his Sharpie action is exemplary, you can't take this.

your avatar made my day, wtf lol
Fodderstompf
Amphetamine Filth

You people seem to find the collapse of the current line-up funny?
I don't agree.
mh
Above the Chemist

"so that happened" during More.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Fodderstompf wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 20:18 You people seem to find the collapse of the current line-up funny?
I don't agree.
Just some Galgenhumor
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Fodderstompf wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 20:18 You people seem to find the collapse of the current line-up funny?
I don't agree.
There are different responses to your question, one is of course that you have to laugh, or you'd be crying. Secondly though, Dylan leaving isn't a collapse of the current line up, he's been there what, four years? Eldritch and Christo have been together for almost two decades and having Chris back in the the fold actually increased the average year's the band has played together. I personally expect Mr Catalyst to return to the guitar once Davey returns. And if he doesn't? This isn't the first tour they've done with only one guitarist.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I don't agree.
It is saddening that things obviously had to happen this way, but what will you do?
I'm sure it's not the "collapse" of The Sisters as such. And there's no point (and no time) to cry now over spilt milk.
We can only make the best of what is now and enjoy what we've got.
mh
Above the Chemist

I don't agree.
It's not funny.

The power and determination coming offstage tonight was unmistakable. This is not a band that's giving up.
ruffers
Overbomber

I don't agree.

No, it's a bit of a tragedy. But I'm here still having fun and finding fun in a music show. On a personal level I'm really worried about Dylan but I can't change that so I'll make the most of the shows I've spent many hundreds of pounds to see and enjoy them.

Is that ok with you?
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I don't agree.
Gallows humour.

I hope Dylan can resolve his issues & i hope Ravey Davey’s Mrs gets well soon.

It is possible to laugh & cry simultaneously, especially as a Sisters fan x
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I don't agree.
“What do you mean you people?

(If you know you know)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

i hope Ravey Davey’s Mrs gets well soon
:notworthy:
darkerandbolder
Road Kill

All very curious. I remember a few years ago reading how desperate Chris had been to get a credit as co-author of a Sisters song. Almost as soon as he left and Dylan joined, the website was awash with songs co-credited Smith. It looked slightly vindictive.

But in a few recent interviews, Andrew has implied Chris is pretty much his closest friend. Dylan's self-description on his own website proile as (among other things) "mentor" implies perhaps he'd been forgetting who calls the shots in the Sisters: not something Ben has ever been unsure of.

If you read yesterday's "Creative Independent" Eldritch interview, it's clear that while he enjoys coming up with good songs, it's purely for pleasure: if it happens, great, but if it doesn't, so what? As he says, he knows how the new songs would sound if recorded – and no doubt, some of them have been. But he doesn't give a damn whether we find out or not – and why should he? As a 64-year-old who's said farewell to too many of his friends from the '80s, he's (rightly) more interested in doing what he wants to do with the rest of his time – rather than fulfilling our fantasy of the fourth album.

Best advice is to get to the front of as many gigs as possible, and lose yourself in the noise, smoke and lights.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 20:08
Almiche V wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 20:04
Is Von playing Jimbob or Fruitbat?
I'll say he's Jim Bob because Christo has Fruitbat's hair.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I don't agree.
I'll see what happens. But I wanted to at least see the line-up with Dylan as the new songs are great imo. So I sold my tickets after he'd gone. I don't regret it and it's very sad what's happened.
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Quite nice gig! Think they compensated best being short of one guitarist. Chris was not only nurse — he kept making paper planes which did not fly …
Overall chemistry on the stage was good. Looking forward to Köln.

Props to The Virginmarys — rocked liked hell 🔥
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

First vid, thanks to Ingo ... :notworthy: ... FALAA