The wrong logo on wikipedia

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dan
Overbomber

The head is facing the wrong way!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sisters_of_Mercy

So far it's caused several people to get the wrong tattoo, as well as on some guys laser inscribed thingummybob (but at least it wasn't a tattoo and he can easily throw it away and make another!)

Can someone help change it?
It requires you to fill in some details regarding copyright etc and I have no clue how to fill it in correctly. If I guess and get it wrong it'll only be deleted by some power crazed admin. If someone here already has experience of adding photos to wikipedia it would be useful!

I even made a new copy of that wiki file but I can't add the bloody thing!
https://i.imgur.com/CrH6kR6.png

Please for the love of God can we get that f***ing wrong logo changed!
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 01:01 The head is facing the wrong way!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sisters_of_Mercy

So far it's caused several people to get the wrong tattoo, as well as on some guys laser inscribed thingummybob (but at least it wasn't a tattoo and he can easily throw it away and make another!)
If they used that as the template, they deserve to have the wrong tattoo, imho! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and I can try to edit it later but I can't remember my Wikipedia password..
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
godgirl

OK, that took longer than I anticipated. I didn't use your version, I used the one from the Sisters Wiki version 1990 as that was a published source.

Hope that will stay up but you know, who knows!
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Dan
Overbomber

Looks good, thanks! I've no idea how you did it. When I tried I clicked round and round through various pages and got nowhere.
The time before that when I tried a few months ago I think I found an upload page but it wanted me to input a load of copyright info... I thought it'd be a simple case of copying the info off the old page - except it wanted a load of extra info and in the end I gave up.

I don't even know why a wrong-facing head was even available!
godgirl

Dan wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 01:06 Looks good, thanks! I've no idea how you did it. When I tried I clicked round and round through various pages and got nowhere.
The time before that when I tried a few months ago I think I found an upload page but it wanted me to input a load of copyright info... I thought it'd be a simple case of copying the info off the old page - except it wanted a load of extra info and in the end I gave up.

I don't even know why a wrong-facing head was even available!
I uploaded the new image. .. referenced from the sisterswiki website.
I then edited the article to point the image link to the new image url. I ticked some random creative commons boxes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was flagged in the talk page for ages but no one did anything.

I still find it funny that people chose to have the wrong facing tattoo permanently inked into their body.

Would love to see an example.

The wrong facing logo was linked from a random online logos page:
https://seeklogo.com/vector-logo/127200 ... s-of-mercy

Who even knows where that came from and who uploaded it!
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I saw a woman in the Roundhouse with the head and star but the head was evidently female. I thought it was a nice touch. :notworthy:
The Chancer Corporation
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

abridged wrote: 02 Oct 2023, 11:59 I saw a woman in the Roundhouse with the head and star but the head was evidently female. I thought it was a nice touch. :notworthy:
That does sound great
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck