Facebook stuff...all pondlife filtered out!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mh
Above the Chemist

Include me in the "I've no idea how people couid be fans of this band but yet so comprehensively get the wrong idea about the band's politics" group. I'd fancy Von might say something like "we can't stop you being fans of the Sisters, but the Sisters aren't fans of you" to this kind of person.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 05:09 Chris Catalyst: You're Heartlanders aren't you?
Me: yeah, how do you know?
Chris: Because you are intelligent
Me: are you saying that there are Sisters fans who AREN'T intelligent?
Chris: ....no, i am saying that there are Sisters fans who aren't Heartlanders...
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
this is true...Lee love that it's your signature!

omg regarding the rest of that fb thread :roll:
seriously Lee kudos to you for giving your opinion, i am in some of those groups, the better ones but never post in them because of the fuckingidiots that seem to come in all negative as if they know all sorts about the band ....in all the years of loving the band :hl: is actually my only reference to the band because what Quiffy built here is the hardcore ongoing news of news. so happy that Kai is helping them out for the rest of the tour! :notworthy:
really do not care what anyone identifies as, just as long you are happy which is the main thing.
people are really goddamn rude as soon as they can not put someone in a box and the main reason i don't post. so Lee stand your ground but those idiots don't really deserve anything except a bitchslap which is what you can do! :notworthy: :notworthy:

@mh yes! exactly :notworthy:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

mh wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 17:30 Include me in the "I've no idea how people couid be fans of this band but yet so comprehensively get the wrong idea about the band's politics" group. I'd fancy Von might say something like "we can't stop you being fans of the Sisters, but the Sisters aren't fans of you" to this kind of person.
i would actually just call someone a liar if they were a HLer & suddenly had an "i'm a nasty nazi c**t surounded by various flavours of the lefts shock troops" epiphany ..but over in the pondlifes puddle its a different world. Seriously, members of that group keep telling me what my "SISTERS GEGEN NAZIS" post means...
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid

MadameButterfly wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 18:03
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 05:09 Chris Catalyst: You're Heartlanders aren't you?
Me: yeah, how do you know?
Chris: Because you are intelligent
Me: are you saying that there are Sisters fans who AREN'T intelligent?
Chris: ....no, i am saying that there are Sisters fans who aren't Heartlanders...
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
this is true...Lee love that it's your signature!

omg regarding the rest of that fb thread :roll:
seriously Lee kudos to you for giving your opinion, i am in some of those groups, the better ones but never post in them because of the fuckingidiots that seem to come in all negative as if they know all sorts about the band ....in all the years of loving the band :hl: is actually my only reference to the band because what Quiffy built here is the hardcore ongoing news of news. so happy that Kai is helping them out for the rest of the tour! :notworthy:
really do not care what anyone identifies as, just as long you are happy which is the main thing.
people are really goddamn rude as soon as they can not put someone in a box and the main reason i don't post. so Lee stand your ground but those idiots don't really deserve anything except a bitchslap which is what you can do! :notworthy: :notworthy:

@mh yes! exactly :notworthy:
stand my ground? me? i dont know HOW to back down..retreat, regroup, come again yes but back down ? ain't in my -our- DNA is it Debs :kiss: 8)

endemoniada75
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 12:48 this f**ker is on very thin ice... who does he think he is?

The f**ker has now fallen through the ice & has been banned from the group.
eastmidswhizzkid

endemoniada75 wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 19:46
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 12:48 this f**ker is on very thin ice... who does he think he is?

Really? for what? i saw all his posts towards myself had gone. i was a bit surprised as it suggested he had had second thoughts about crossing me which he wasnt smart enough for. his last dig at me "you are proof of why people shouldnt take drugs as your response to a situation you dislike is violence and abuse" neither of which i had threatened. i can do violence and abuse with my eyes closed but i prefer stealth & cruelty.

paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

But is Von gay?
Goths have feelings too
endemoniada75
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 20:25
endemoniada75 wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 19:46

Really? for what? i saw all his posts towards myself had gone. i was a bit surprised as it suggested he had had second thoughts about crossing me which he wasnt smart enough for. his last dig at me "you are proof of why people shouldnt take drugs as your response to a situation you dislike is violence and abuse" neither of which i had threatened. i can do violence and abuse with my eyes closed but i prefer stealth & cruelty.
It wasn't just the comments aimed at you regarding his downfall. He also has had more than one comment removed in the past few days making derogatory remarks about Kai's gender & he chooses to identify.
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Vaguely related:

The "Dear Doktor" page on the official site up till 2019:
Dear Doktor, The Sisters kick. But I've heard you've had queers in the band!

I've heard you have a small penis. Stop worrying about it.

When you've stopped worrying, check out www.thesisters.org .
The same page since 2020:
Dear Doktor, The Sisters kick. But I've heard you've had queers in the band!

Maybe right now. We just don't care.
I've wondered why Von made that subtle change when most of that website has gathered dust for almost 2 decades.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
H. Blackrose

But seriously, I'm in the thread which Lee screenshotted, I hope I'm not one of the people he's disgusted with

Generally that Facebook group is garbage because it's full of the kind of "fans" who actually freakin' hate TSOM in its modern incarnation - and Eldritch in particular - and keep shrieking to bring back Hussbag or Patsy Morrison. (No-one ever yells about bringing back Tony James, which depresses me.) You see it in King Crimson fandom, people who just really hate Robert Fripp in particular - I suppose Fripp and Von have the commonality that they try to give the fans what they need rather than what they want.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
GC
Slight Overbomber

Fallon wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 09:04 Given that the last thing the rather shameful "Do non-binary and/or non-confirming people exist and if so, are they human beings?" bad-faith 'debate' needs is another basically-white, basically-straight, basically-male person weighing in, I'll keep it fairly superficial:

Beats the absolute hell out of me how anybody could be a fan of The Sisters Of Mercy, or take even the most passing interest in Andrew Eldritch's perspective on things, or claim to 'get it' on any meaningful level at all, and still think that it's okay to query or concern oneself with another's gender identity beyond "I hope that person's gender identity makes them feel alright and happy and comfortable and I hope they're getting by".

But the other really silly thing about all this, is that I don't really think that Kai's look has anything to do with their sex or gender in the first place, beyond the fairly classic glam rock tradition of treating it like a playground to mess about in?

I'm not a fan of Esprit D'Air at all - I actually think they're quite dreadful, I'm sorry to say - but I did know that Kai was Japanese, and I did find them to be fairly recognisably participating in a movement called Visual Kei. That's a movement where individual mileage varies, but I became aware of it through my love of speed metal many years ago, because some of those Visual Kei bands (notably the famous X Japan) play a style of music I like.

Far be it from me to suggest that one can't be both visual kei and gender non-conforming/non-binary - indeed its a community which has long functioned as a safe haven for people who aren't your old-fashioned men-who-are-male and women-who-are-female - but I have to say, it genuinely never occurred to me that there was a conversation to be had about Kai's gender.

Wait till these folk learn that David Bowie was basically a bloke.
Whats wrong with or why would the opinion of a "basically-white, basically-straight, basically-male person" be deemed as less important or irrelevant?
eastmidswhizzkid

H. Blackrose wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 21:15 But seriously, I'm in the thread which Lee screenshotted, I hope I'm not one of the people he's disgusted with

Generally that Facebook group is garbage because it's full of the kind of "fans" who actually freakin' hate TSOM in its modern incarnation - and Eldritch in particular - and keep shrieking to bring back Hussbag or Patsy Morrison. (No-one ever yells about bringing back Tony James, which depresses me.) You see it in King Crimson fandom, people who just really hate Robert Fripp in particular - I suppose Fripp and Von have the commonality that they try to give the fans what they need rather than what they want.
I am sure you're not one of the people i am disgusted with. Unless you are a trans/homphobic racist bigot with right wing politiical leanings ? No? Didnt think so. Or have you spent 24 hours telling me what gegen Nazis means? Then you aint on my s**t-list :wink:
i had a very low tolerance of that section of the fanbase last time i dipped my dirty big toe into that particular even dirtier puddle and simply left. i only rejoined it 2 days ago to get something related to this tour. i shall no doubt be absent from it again in no time.

Long live the Heartland! if the alternative to elitism is to be single-celled organisms then i will an elitist. ffs we aint as
up our arseholes as the Dominion lot were! :lol:

Dan
Overbomber

Talking of Visual Kei, years ago I saw an interview with a guy called Gackt who was in a Visual Kei band before going solo... and he very much reminded me of Eldo... same dry sense of humour and careful way of speaking.
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Your resident Gackt fangirl checking in. Funnily enough he's in Eldritch's new favourite film, Bunraku.
satanarchist
Road Kill

I love a lot of early Visual Kei stuff, especially when it was fast and over the top. Just wanted to say.
Damaged+Done
Road Kill

Facebook groups are, as a general observation, s**t.
(I thought I had something better worked out but it basically boiled down to the above.)
I'm surprised that something else happened there other than the usual debate of....
"Are the sisters still worth seeing?"
- I saw them once 20 years ago and never will again
- judging that YouTube video, no
- the sisters aren't the sisters, it's just Andrew and some metal guys standing around over backing tapes
Repeat ad nauseam.
Husek

Damaged+Done wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 12:45 Facebook groups are, as a general observation, s**t.
(I thought I had something better worked out but it basically boiled down to the above.)
I'm surprised that something else happened there other than the usual debate of....
"Are the sisters still worth seeing?"
- I saw them once 20 years ago and never will again
- judging that YouTube video, no
- the sisters aren't the sisters, it's just Andrew and some metal guys standing around over backing tapes
Repeat ad nauseam.
I had a close friend that used to repeat word-by-word this argument: ` the sisters aren't the sisters, it's just Andrew and some metal guys standing around over backing tapes`.

One day I got fed up and asked him:
"'As opposed to what? Andrew and some Punk guys or Andrew and some Post-punk guys standing around over the Doktor? If you are opposed to their Metal background you may have a PERSONAL point, otherwise, that IS the sisters, it always has been Andrew, Doktor, and whatever the f**k he wants it to be, there was Ben Gunn before Wayne, there was just Andy and Gary before Craig and even so, Wayne was only around for what, 2 years? If anything what you call 'modern sisters' is the most stable version of the band, which heavily outlived any other formation, you can either say 'I don't like the sisters' or 'I only like the sisters of 84/85' but don't you say you don't like them now, cuz that's just stupid."

I don't remember be bringing this point up ever again.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
zadar_official
Road Kill

I was lucky enough to see the Sisters in Philly on the current tour and they were fantastic. No idea why so many people in that Facebook group complain so much. I like the Sisters 80 -85 Facebook group a bit more, mostly for the interesting stories and facts from that period. They seem kind of stuck there in that era.
Esoterica
Road Kill

Facebook is fun for photos and videos. As for the gratuitous commentary, I can do without it.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Kai took a photo of me and shared it to FaceBook. At that time he was stage right where Dylan was removed to. The logic being he must already have been 3A pass with the band. Conspiracy theory..
Goths have feelings too
eastmidswhizzkid

@Husek exactly! vons even been the sisters on his own which makes for a vexing grammatical inaccuracy in the name but hard to complain about the other members
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 23 Oct 2023, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 10:04 Kai took a photo of me and shared it to FaceBook. At that time he was stage right where Dylan was removed to. The logic being he must already have been 3A pass with the band. Conspiracy theory..
'Kai' actually translates to 'grassy knoll' in the American language. He has also definitely never been to the moon, no matter what anyone says. Von wears his new fancy cyberspecs to remind him onstage that Kai is an alien. Kai once worked for D.A.R.P.A., though denies all knowledge of a 'Metal Gear' project, claiming he was too busy making an Idoru to notice.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

paint it black wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 20:53 But is Von gay?
you have been asking this same question for years...probably decades...
truth is most straight men would/want to do Von .
enough said :von:
that ongoing eternity
eastmidswhizzkid

MadameButterfly wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 22:16
there are definitely straight men who woulld climb over their own wives for a go on Eldritch. Which i think is far more degenerate than those of us who openly profess that we will do anything to anything.

MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 22:21
MadameButterfly wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 22:16
there are definitely straight men who woulld climb over their own wives for a go on Eldritch. Which i think is far more degenerate than those of us who openly profess that we will do anything to anything.
not if the anything has got to do with children, elderly, animals or corpses surely?
that ongoing eternity