2023-10--29, Santana, Bilbao ES

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

indeed it took some time to get things going, only after Marian things were developing. Guitars by far too low until then and the bass noise floor simply too high (PA directed too far to the back, different sound at the barrier). But then a nice gig, and a family affair given the small crowd. Was nice to meet DTSOM, Eva, MH and Pieter. Great city.
love is just a shot away
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

I was standing front row, stage was a little higher not so good to shoot videos. Here they are:

Dr Jeep / Det Boulevard

Eyes of Caligula

Susanne
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

FireInReptileHouse wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 22:06
mh wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 21:45Susanne
so happy to see Suzanne getting more outings I think its one of the best unreleased songs
Technically, "We Are The Same, Suzanne" was the last officially released song

And I agree, it's beautiful
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I only just noticed Von sings Suzanne without any backing vocals. And does a pretty good job!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Is everything slower or is it just me? Caligula, Dr.Jeep and Susanne? The beat and speed seems relaxed. It works. Unless it is my imagination. He sounds "better" than I've heard him, or less worse.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

mandrake wrote: 01 Nov 2023, 20:16 Is everything slower or is it just me? Caligula, Dr.Jeep and Susanne? The beat and speed seems relaxed. It works. Unless it is my imagination. He sounds "better" than I've heard him, or less worse.
Dr Jeep is slower for sure, I've noticed that earlier in the tour as well.
And Von sounds really really good at the moment!
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

jost 7 wrote: 30 Oct 2023, 07:35 indeed it took some time to get things going, only after Marian things were developing. Guitars by far too low until then and the bass noise floor simply too high (PA directed too far to the back, different sound at the barrier). But then a nice gig, and a family affair given the small crowd. Was nice to meet DTSOM, Eva, MH and Pieter. Great city.
Sound was much better from my spot that in the first row.. never liked first row. I must say that the gig sounded pretty good and loud...
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Esoterica
Road Kill

Suzanne/Susanne was a song included on the album, Event Horizon, if I’m not mistaken.
It’s as catchy as it is beautiful.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Esoterica wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 05:42 Suzanne/Susanne was a song included on the album, Event Horizon, if I’m not mistaken.
It’s as catchy as it is beautiful.
You mean the bootleg Event Horizon.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Esoterica
Road Kill

Yes, indeed. :lol: