2023-11-21 Academy, Manchester, UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
Fallon
Road Kill

Pardon my language but I f**king love On The Beach
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The morning after and I'm still on a high ( mind you, I haven't really come down since The Paradiso :lol: )
Some of you know I have mobility problems, so I usually have a seat in the accessible area. But I was late to the party for Manchester and couldn't book a seat.
So I ended up propped up against the barrier to the left of the stage. It's a completely different experience. I loved every single second.
The Ben and Duncan addition at end of Lucretia was a highlight for me.
After TC, Andrew did his usual acknowledgement of Sister Ben Sister Kai etc. Ben then gestured to Andrew and acknowledged him by saying Andrew Eldritch. He doesn't normally do that does he?
Ruffers and I had a lovely chat with Ben afterwards and he gave us both a setlist, with the Sisters logo in the corner, signed by himself Kai and Chris :D (I would attach a photo but I have no idea how to)
I'm travelling back to Glasgow a very happy bunny!
Oh....and I finally got my hands on a tour hoodie
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Gothicbiff

Fallon wrote: 22 Nov 2023, 12:53 Pardon my language but I f**king love On The Beach
Language seems appropriate :lol:
On The Beach, plus Here, are my favourites of the new tracks
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Just got in after the most amazing mini-tour with the mindboggling magnificent Mrs Whelan (see what you've done now Lee! :lol: ), wonderful to read your post Liz, the barrier is a great place to see The Sisters, is it not 8) :von: :notworthy: and the Virginmarys come to that. I'll be on a high and processing our week travelling around and catching 3 shows for some time, it's a blur of ridiculously good gigs, waaaaaaay better than I had any right to hope for especially given the way the tour started and then with the cancellations, something just clicked into place I guess. Stunning beyond words, all I can say about Manchester at this minute is that it was by far the best show I've seen them play in my hometown, Special Guest Star Duncan Kilburn had my hair standing on end repeatedly, and it was brilliant to see and hear the band going down so well. The guy who shouted Manchester Loves The Sisters towards the end literally read my mind at that moment in time.

Thanks Sisters, Charlie and Me love you too :von: :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Full sax etc. Come on you lot, keep up :wink:

To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Gothicbiff

So, according to the Louder Than War reporter, only the encore was worth being there for! Did he attend a different show to the one I did :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Gothicbiff wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 02:01
So, according to the Louder Than War reporter, only the encore was worth being there for! Did he attend a different show to the one I did :lol:
Seems so :lol: tbh most reviews from across the UK tour are so generic I wonder if they were even there, or based their full gig review on the 5 minutes of it they saw whilst taking photos up front. Slight aside, I've never seen as many photographers at a Sisters gig as there were in Manchester, they were falling over each other.
roswelltourist
Road Kill

sorry for the necro, but i was at this gig and it changed my life. been wanting to see the sisters since i happened across them, and if it wasn't for certain responsibilities id have followed them the rest of the tour like i used to do as a kid. just joined up to the forum and am sick of having no one to talk about the sisters to! none of my friends are into them, so need a place to channel this couple of years of obsession...

im new blood, but have already amassed LP's, EP's, 7"'s and can now finally say i have a gig under my belt too. hoping to chat with all you withered avalanche fanatics
Nothing but the knife to live for
Pista
Cureboi

Hello @roswelltourist & welcome to :hl: :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

That's not a necro it was only 2 weeks ago, threads can reappear from decades back ;D glad you enjoyed the show, it was a belter, and welcome to :hl:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Welcome @ :hl: , roswelltourist ... :D :D :D ... it's surely been especially exciting for you to see The Sisters live for the first time and delivering such a great show full of surprise and everything ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Enjoy your stay and in case there's nothing special going on here, you can always take a look at our SistersWiki, for example here ... ;D ...
roswelltourist
Road Kill

thanks for the warm welcome pals and gals, it definitely was an incredible night! the new guitarist was great, and i've loved reading through the threads to find out what everyone thinks of her in comparison to the other one (who ive only heard through youtube bootlegs)

thought she brought a lot of great energy to the show. i was standing at the front and to the right, so my teeth were vibrating with that ribbons riff. nice
Davedee
Road Kill

Job done!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

roswelltourist wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 19:34 thanks for the warm welcome pals and gals, it definitely was an incredible night! the new guitarist was great, and i've loved reading through the threads to find out what everyone thinks of her in comparison to the other one (who ive only heard through youtube bootlegs)

thought she brought a lot of great energy to the show. i was standing at the front and to the right, so my teeth were vibrating with that ribbons riff. nice
She's a he :)
roswelltourist
Road Kill

well, that's what i get for assuming! :eek:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

roswelltourist wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 20:39

well, that's what i get for assuming! :eek:
You aren't the first to make that mistake, a quick look at the Wurzburg thread confirms that. Dunno if you'd be interested but there's a superb recording of the Manchester gig available to download in the Sharing section, which should soon be accessible to you with a few more posts :)
roswelltourist
Road Kill

of course im interested! ive been lurking the threads but i guess this is a good excuse as any to get involved in the discussion. thanks! :notworthy:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

roswelltourist wrote: 03 Dec 2023, 20:33 of course im interested! ive been lurking the threads but i guess this is a good excuse as any to get involved in the discussion. thanks! :notworthy:
So here's the question ... ;D :lol: ... YCBTO - yes or no?
roswelltourist
Road Kill

having read around, im ready to be crucified for this opinion. it's a tune.