2023-11-11. Klub Wytwórnia, Łódź PL

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
barbaralesz
Road Kill

G_Paul_K wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 23:12 It was only my second ever Sisters concert. (If there's an "introduction" section I'll find it and explain myself there, hehe). The first one was Wrocław in 2022, meaning that just in two trips I managed to see 6 different people on stage.

I think the Łódź gig was a blast. I did well to position myself in the center-mid to have a good view (and sound, I think).
As I only have one other gig to compare to, I think the one in Łódź was better than the one in Wrocław. Andrew did much better and sound was really nice overall. The stage and the lights looked great as well. On the other hand, I think the crowd was a bit "wilder" in Wrocław; they understood what to do during Alice especially well. However, the Łódź crowd was awesome, don''t get me wrong. When I saw this one guy get super excited for the encore songs I was really happy for him.

The "highlight" of the evening was this one guy shouting "MARIAN" in between the Virginmarys and the Sisters. (The joke was that "Marian" is a Polish male name and he was pronouncing it the Polish way). When the band played Marian to that guys' relief, he shouted "EMILY". Yeah, it was fun. I wonder if he ever gets to listen to Emma/Emmaline during a gig.
Hello to a fellow Polish Roadkill (I'm guessing you're Polish).

My first concert of TSOM was also in 2022, but in Oslo. I liked the one in Łódź more - in Oslo people started walking away before the encore! :roll:
I agree that the saund was good - I stood a bit to the right, 2nd row. I think also that we were lucky that Andrew had a two-days rest before the concert, because his vocal was very good. I have watched videos of other concerts in 2023 and I really think this was one of the best. Some amazing soul made an album from the Łódź concert and I'm listening to it all the time!

Yes, the guy shouting "Marian" was hilarious. I wouldn't mind hearing "Emma" one day, but my dream is to hear "We are the same Susanne"

You mention introducing yourself in the introduction section, I wish there was such a section too, I'm sure there are some interesting stories to hear!

Greetings!
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

You guys should feel free to introduce yourselves with a Hello in General Chat :D

and the amazing soul who made the Lodz recording is @Eggi1 who really is an amazing soul, if you acquired the recording from the Sharing section you should also feel free to add your thanks in the thread :D as Sisters fans we're very lucky to have people like Eggi who attend many shows and record and share a good many of those 8) :notworthy: the quality is always as good as it gets 8) :notworthy:
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
G_Paul_K
Road Kill

barbaralesz wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 14:44 I think also that we were lucky that Andrew had a two-days rest before the concert, because his vocal was very good. I have watched videos of other concerts in 2023 and I really think this was one of the best.
Yes, that's what I think as well! I don't mind being this lucky at all :) I was afraid that not only the gig could be poor, but that it could be cancelled too!
barbaralesz wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 14:44 my dream is to hear "We are the same Susanne"
I got really hopeful when I saw this song on the setlists from just a week before the gig in Łódź, but it wasn't to be. I'm happy to keep sharing this dream with you.
I was hoping for Crash and Burn too, but it dropped out of this year's setlist just before Łódź.
barbaralesz wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 14:44 You mention introducing yourself in the introduction section, I wish there was such a section too, I'm sure there are some interesting stories to hear!
There is no such section, but I used the General Chat, the way @Planet Dave suggested. I didn't write all the details I could, but I think I summed up my "progress" nicely.
barbaralesz wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 14:44 Some amazing soul made an album from the Łódź concert and I'm listening to it all the time!
I sure hope to get access to the "Sharing section". The recording on YouTube was taken down.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

G_Paul_K wrote: 09 Dec 2023, 23:03 I sure hope to get access to the "Sharing section". The recording on YouTube was taken down.
7 more posts is all it takes :wink:
Moving forehead
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 13:08
G_Paul_K wrote: 09 Dec 2023, 23:03 I sure hope to get access to the "Sharing section". The recording on YouTube was taken down.
7 more posts is all it takes :wink:
Thanks! Looking forward so badly to hear this bootleg :D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

As the full-show video has been withdrawn from YouTube, here is some replacement. The first picture is irritating,
but the video fills the full format from the beginning ... :) ... Filmed from the left balcony and nice sound .
Many thanks to Marek Maciejewski ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Excellent, cheers for the link Sabine 8) :D
barbaralesz
Road Kill

Thank you Being645!!!

If anybody wants, I might have "borrowed" :wink: :oops: the version that was deleted from YouTube in mp4 format, but I have never uploaded anything for others :oops: so I'll need guidance if anybody wants it.
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

barbaralesz wrote: 15 Dec 2023, 13:55 Thank you Being645!!!

If anybody wants, I might have "borrowed" :wink: :oops: the version that was deleted from YouTube in mp4 format, but I have never uploaded anything for others :oops: so I'll need guidance if anybody wants it.
You're welcome barbaralesz ... :D ... And many thanks for your offer... :notworthy: :D ...
It's always better to secure full show (or other) videos from YouTube as they sometimes just disappear (account deleted or hacked, video set to private or whatever).

In this case, Planet Dave has made a DVD-bootleg from it which fortunately includes the video ... :) ...
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=29172