2024-01-30 .Trix, Antwerp BE

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

DocSommer wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 15:27
Depprocksfarfar wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 11:59
Being645 wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 11:54 Hah, I'm so pleased to see The Sisters doing this final show of the winter tour at TRIX and all the wonderful videos again ...:notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ... starting with Don't Drive On Ice ... the song has now (eventually, took long enough) fully settled with me and it's perfectly arranged by now... and all the other new songs and videos ... both versions of Here are just great ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ... many thanks for all these ... I've integrated them already (and a few more) ... :D ...

Now all the best to Esprit D'Air and Diamond Black for their touring from February to April and, above all, to Andrew for a thorough recovery from whatever has beaten him up again and again over the past few months ... :) ...
...and to Chris with Ugly Kid Joe in mars/april with opening act The Virginmarys :D It´s just one big family, aint it? :lol:
Nice!!!! I bought a ticket for the gig in Hamburg because I wanted to see the VM again (and check out what UKJ is doing these days, too). Didn't knew that Chris joined the force so that's a bonus for me I guess :lol: :lol:
Same, we bought tickets for the gig round the corner from us at the Brudenell because it's The Virginmarys playing round the corner from us. Figured Chris may be around and about as the Brudenell is round the corner from him too, but since discovered he's playing with UKJ again. Total result 8) :notworthy:

The week before that we got Esprit D'Air and Diamond Black at the Leeds Warehouse, home of the F-Club / early Sisters adventures. Kai could teach Von a thing or two about merchandise organisation, tour t-shirts already in the bag about 2 months before the tour actually starts :lol:
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Elamanamou19
Road Kill

Sad to think that this might be the end of The Sisters touring ever again?

Oh well time will tell? 😢
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Bit dramatic when we've got Bratislava in June.
Elamanamou19
Road Kill

Dust Witch wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 17:43 Bit dramatic when we've got Bratislava in June.
Never knew they are playing Bratislava in June
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Elamanamou19 wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 17:50
Dust Witch wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 17:43 Bit dramatic when we've got Bratislava in June.
Never knew they are playing Bratislava in June
Rescheduled from last year, when Von was also too ill for a Sisters show ... https://sisterswiki.org/Mon,_06-Nov-2023...

And now, with two other shows cancelled, there might be a chance they get rescheduled as well ... :wink: ...
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

Well that looks and sounds like a banger. I really like the new industrial bass line for Here.
Clearly now the past mistakes
The giant steps we had to take
The path that ever promise made to
Die in dream dissolve and fade
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Big fun!

I really liked Kai's vibe and am very glad I've seen this version of the band at least once.

The whole evening felt like a family gathering with the band being around for some tunes.

I loved it.
in dub we trust
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

radiojamaica wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 19:44 Big fun!

I really liked Kai's vibe and am very glad I've seen this version of the band at least once.

The whole evening felt like a family gathering with the band being around for some tunes.

I loved it.
Nice! :D :notworthy:
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 19:49

I loved it.
Nice! :D :notworthy:
:kiss: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I loved it.
Lovely ... :D :notworthy: ... and lovely hearing from you, Koen ... :D :D :D ...
If I could have come, I had come to TRIX, but hell, hopefully next time again ... :D ...
ruffers
Overbomber

I just watched the this corrosion and it was great, not sure who was doing what in the vocals but I'm past caring. Chris had been chucking out set lists for a while so nothing significant there.

What I did feel at the end was a kind of empathy for Von. I'm a bit younger than him but at the end of the night when the lights come up I tend to walk around with a slightly stiff gait, feeling the twinges of aging and age old injuries. In his shoes I'd be dying for a nice cup of tea. If he looks like a man in his sixties who might like a nice sit down after a show like that, then good luck to him.

Two sugars please
Chucking another log on
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thank you to those who filmed and shared the videos....they're great :D
Andrew looked happy
I hope right now he's chilling out at home with his cat(s) and that cup of tea Ruffers mentioned
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Good to see his carer back. I'm sure that helped
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Definitely pleased to hear that ... Image ...

However, here come further pretty videos, this time by justk ... :D :notworthy: ...

Dominion ...

Giving Ground ...

But Genevieve ...
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 16:15
DocSommer wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 15:27
Depprocksfarfar wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 11:59

...and to Chris with Ugly Kid Joe in mars/april with opening act The Virginmarys :D It´s just one big family, aint it? :lol:
Nice!!!! I bought a ticket for the gig in Hamburg because I wanted to see the VM again (and check out what UKJ is doing these days, too). Didn't knew that Chris joined the force so that's a bonus for me I guess :lol: :lol:
Same, we bought tickets for the gig round the corner from us at the Brudenell because it's The Virginmarys playing round the corner from us. Figured Chris may be around and about as the Brudenell is round the corner from him too, but since discovered he's playing with UKJ again. Total result 8) :notworthy:

The week before that we got Esprit D'Air and Diamond Black at the Leeds Warehouse, home of the F-Club / early Sisters adventures. Kai could teach Von a thing or two about merchandise organisation, tour t-shirts already in the bag about 2 months before the tour actually starts :lol:
Sounds great, I also got tix for Esprit D'Air in Hamburg later in march, won't miss checking his own stuff out, especially if it's just 20 minutes away from home. Now I'm greedy and wait for the news that Ben is going to join Kais tour :lol: :lol:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 22:05

I loved it.
Lovely ... :D :notworthy: ... and lovely hearing from you, Koen ... :D :D :D ...
If I could have come, I had come to TRIX, but hell, hopefully next time again ... :D ...
Hi Sabine! :kiss:

Thanx for all the vids, people. :notworthy: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Being645
Wiki Wizard

DocSommer wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 08:09 Now I'm greedy and wait for the news that Ben is going to join Kais tour :lol: :lol:
Diamond Black are touring together with Esprit D'AIr ... :wink: :) ...
https://diamondblackofficial.com/#live
https://www.songkick.com/artists/508811 ... 84-germany
Elamanamou19
Road Kill

Forward thinking. Be good to meet friends and if the Sisters play A bonus!!

Reduce live tours to once a year for about 2 dates!!
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 11:35
DocSommer wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 08:09 Now I'm greedy and wait for the news that Ben is going to join Kais tour :lol: :lol:
Diamond Black are touring together with Esprit D'AIr ... :wink: :) ...
https://diamondblackofficial.com/#live
https://www.songkick.com/artists/508811 ... 84-germany
Nice, jackpot!!! :D :D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

@DocSommer
... :lol: ;D ... in Cologne, it's sold out for months already. Otherwise I might have been tempted ... :wink: ....

Gift wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 14:54 You can find some pictures from the show in this wetransfer:
https://we.tl/t-N9nadxLU94
Some wonderful pictures in there, thank you ... :D :notworthy: ...