Where are you off to? Enquiring minds need to know

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 27 Jun 2024, 23:39 Bugger. I'd have gone to that but am booked in for Nick Cave in Leeds. Underworld tomorrow Halifax Piece Hall though. Have a spare if anyone wants to shout now?

Will look at other dates though, they're a band I want to support. Good to see them supporting Ugly Kid Joe on other dates, presumably the connection with the top man Chris Catalyst coming into play.
Aye Huddersfield with UKJ is the closest as yet. I'm sure Chris had everything to do with getting them signed up for the tour earlier in the year with UKJ, in the same way Ben had everything to do with bringing them to Von's attention last year. Their headline tour is a weird little run of locations though, looks like they're (rightly) concentrating on the mainland, if you're a rock band you really wanna be a rock band in Germany 8) . Hopefully there'll be a bigger second leg next year with gigs in Manchester, Leeds, etc but who knows. We were weighing up Macc or Nottingham and figured the hometown show was the better option. Didn't want to go ham with several dates as we're still holding out slight hope for a Sisters gig or two around that lonesome Madrid date later in November. More chance of Metallica playing the Brudenell, but still.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
ExPsichonaut
Road Kill

Yesterday off with Eutunun, after 15 years😅, to see Wayne H and friends...i made this
ruffers
Overbomber

3/8 The Stranglers Halifax Piece Hall
12/9 Colin from Portsmouth Comedy City Varieties
13/9 Goldie Lookin' Chain Brudenell
19/9 The m*****n Picturedrome Holmfirth
15/10 Unkle - Project House Leeds
8/10 Jah Wobble Metal Box Brudenell
21/11 Hugh Cornwell plus eXTC Old Woollen Leeds
2/11 Nick Cave and Bad Seeds First Direct Leeds
8/12 Front 242 Electric Ballroom
Chucking another log on
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Not a gig but Blackpool, world matchplay darts
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
ruffers
Overbomber

Just booked Arrested Development for August 10th Old Woollen. Seems slightly incongruous for genuine hip hop legends but I'm in.
Chucking another log on
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Should I have mentioned AC/DC at Nuremberg, Zeppelinfeld, 27/07/2024? Probably, because it was, in fact, really good.
As for upcoming events: Summer Breeze, Dinkelsbühl, Germany, 14/08 - 17/08: Amon Amarth, Sodom and >100 others. And Memoriam (as we can't get Bolt Thrower anymore)
ruffers
Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 01 Aug 2024, 22:55 Just booked Arrested Development for August 10th Old Woollen. Seems slightly incongruous for genuine hip hop legends but I'm in.
Sorry to quote myself but this was a brilliant show. Regardless of genre a good tune and a good time is exactly that

There were 500 very very happy people
Chucking another log on
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Just about to set off to watch Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me at the recently renovated Hyde Park Picture House. Charlie got freebie tickets off of a local facebooks group, showing is sold out so freebie is very fab, nice job all round. Over to you Mr Lynch...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Second Ugly Kid Joe gig in Hamburg with no pillar betwen me and Chris lol.
The first show @Logo club was more intense though, still I had a great time again...
GC
Slight Overbomber

Tomorrow night seeing Adele in Munchen.... thats a strange one this year.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Got PJ Harvey here in DC on the 11th, then the Sisters themselves in Pittsburgh on the 15th. Can't wait for either one.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
ruffers
Overbomber

GC wrote: 28 Aug 2024, 20:41 Tomorrow night seeing Adele in Munchen.... thats a strange one this year.
My money's on this being a great show.... Fingers crossed for you
Chucking another log on
GC
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 28 Aug 2024, 21:09
GC wrote: 28 Aug 2024, 20:41 Tomorrow night seeing Adele in Munchen.... thats a strange one this year.
My money's on this being a great show.... Fingers crossed for you
It was a great show... but for 184euros for one ticket then I have to say I enjoyed it :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

14 September 24 - Dirty Vinyl - Duck & Drake, Leeds
2 November 24 - Virginmarys - Heritage Centre, Macclesfield
11 April 25 - Letz Zep - Brudenell, Leeds
ruffers
Overbomber

Just got myself a Laibach ticket for Feb next year, Opus Dei revisited.
No Leeds date unfortunately.
Chucking another log on
ruffers
Overbomber

Eureka Machines and Virgin Mary's, 14th December, Brudenell.

Happy feckin Christmas!

Surely a few Heartlanders at this, I'm assuming Planet Dave and Charlie for a start....
Chucking another log on
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 05 Sep 2024, 21:52 Eureka Machines and Virgin Mary's, 14th December, Brudenell.

Happy feckin Christmas!

Surely a few Heartlanders at this, I'm assuming Planet Dave and Charlie for a start....
Whatty whatty what what????????????????

edit : Paul you star, talk about a timely and worthy interruption to the start of the final episode of season 2 of Twin Peaks, that's mental, last time I saw the Eureka Machines, also the first time, was at Guilfest 2009, which also featured the best Motorhead show I was ever lucky enough to witness. HIgh time for round two. Cheers for the heads up for this, perfect. Tickets bought 8) 8) 8) rather fond of that car crash poster too ;D :notworthy:
Last edited by Planet Dave on 05 Sep 2024, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
ruffers
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 05 Sep 2024, 22:32
ruffers wrote: 05 Sep 2024, 21:52 Eureka Machines and Virgin Mary's, 14th December, Brudenell.

Happy feckin Christmas!

Whatty whatty what what????????????????
:x :lol: :lol:
Chucking another log on