Eldritch quote?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
DOZMEISTER
Road Kill

Over on Facebook a post mentioned Andrew Eldritch remarks about their 1st ever gig which was in York. They quoted "We played our first gig in York, with the Thompson Twins when they were groovy, not a lot of people know that" I then replied with the comment that Eldritch continued "And now they're not so we don't play with them anymore" The poster replied that he didn't say that bit. Am i wrong and just imagined that's what he said, i could have sworn i heard a bootleg with him saying it?