2024-09-15: Roxian Theatre, Mckees Rocks, PA, USA

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Tickets:
https://concerts.livenation.com/the-sis ... A1C6476A4E

Roll call
@sultan2075

Setlist with thanks to @Husek :notworthy:

Doctor Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
Don't Drive On Ice
Ribbons
Alice
Summer
Dominion
I Will Call You
Marian
Giving Ground
Eyes of Calígula
More
Geneviève
I Was Wrong
Here
When I'm On Fire
OnThe Beach
Temple Of Love

Encore

Lucretia My Reflection
This Corrosion
sultan2075
Overbomber

This one's almost a certainty for me.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sultan2075
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote: 09 May 2024, 16:00 This one's almost a certainty for me.
Well... tickets bought, but I was just offered a promotion which could potentially interfere. So, we'll see. If you want to gamble on my work life benefitting you, keep an eye on this space - if I can't go, and my Pittsburgh friend can't find a babysitter to allow him to replace me with his wife (who is much bette looking than I am even at my best), I'll give 'em away for free here.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Looking forward to this one. Driving out from DC the morning of the gig and will spend the night at a dear old friend’s place. Might bring along the future-missus 2075 if she’s free.

She’s got perfect pitch so this could be a little rough for her :von:
--
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Around 2pm there now ... :wink: ... So according to his last interview, Eldritch should be nicely asleep. Very good ... :bat: :von: :bat: ...

Anyway, have lots of joy, pleasure and fun everybody over there at the show tonight ... ;D ;D ;D ...

And let us know how it runs ... :) ...
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Heard that a white man in his 60s fired a gun at Trump in Florida and I had to double check where Von is today lol
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

H. Blackrose wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 00:42 Heard that a white man in his 60s fired a gun at Trump in Florida and I had to double check where Von is today lol
Why would you think it was Von? Surely if he wanted Trump shot he'd just ask Ben to do it, like everything else.. :innocent:
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Husek
Slight Overbomber

Jeep/det
Ribbons

Dominion

No surprises so far
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Being645
Wiki Wizard

So same setlist so far ? ... :D ...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 03:10 So same setlist so far ? ... :D ...
Good morning Sabine, are you up early or have you not gone to bed yet?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"

we fall to rise
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Huh ... :eek: :lol: ... slept a few half hours, need some more sleep soon, have to get up early ... :wink: ... therefore ... Good Night for now ... :) ...

Best, David ... :) ... btw, how about you? Night shift this week? ... :) ...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, I'm on the night shift. Two and a half hours to go.

we fall to rise
Husek
Slight Overbomber

Jeep det
Ddoi
Ribbons
Alice
Summer
Dominion
Call you
Marian
Giving ground
Calígula
More
Geneviève
Wrong
Here
Fire
Beach
Temple

Lucretia
Corrosion

Same setlist as yesterday I'd say
Project Personal Dok
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Many, many thanks Husek ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

First vids ... :D ... joyful audience ... :D ....

sultan2075
Overbomber

Thoroughly enjoyable and the band were in top form. From behind the mixing desk everything sounded very good. Count Orlock seemed to be in a great mood and it looked like everyone was having a good time. It was *loud* - even with earplugs my ears are kind of ringing. I thought ‘when I’m on fire’ was the best I’ve ever heard it. My friend - seeing them for the first time - was bowled over by ‘Here’ and the first thing he said on getting out of the venue was “why hasn’t he put out a record?”

It was a good crowd, but definitely not sold out - however, it’s a Sunday night in Pittsburg. Crowd was a mix of the young and the old and the very, very strange.
--
hellboy69

Looks/sounds brill, crowd cackles & all!
ruffers
Overbomber

Is that a sleeveless polo neck? Always innovating..
Chucking another log on
Nyth Grandbeard
Amphetamine Filth

from these clips ive been seeing this is probably the best Von has sounded in a while. maybe his daytime naps is really what he needed :lol: which hey i can definitely relate
Husek
Slight Overbomber

Based on what my friends told me:
-- Voice was really good, close to what it was in 2020 or the same.
-- Venue had an amazing acoustic, making it all sound loud and big.
-- with Von's voice working as intended, they should still lower Ben's mic volume, in certain songs you could really notice how Ben's mic was cranked up to 11 to cover for Von, but that was hardly necessary on this gig.
-- almost no fog, some at the start, but then the set was very...arid (think of Joseph's Well, Leeds 2005)

It seems they are still in the 'playing safe' mode, with their bread-and-butter setlist combined with the sound mix from when Von was sick.
Project Personal Dok
H. Blackrose

Can I ask what the crowd size was like, in Detroit and in PA? A lot of people were saying the tour was a mistake/doomed because of low ticket sales, but it certainly sounds like it's a success artistically.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024
sultan2075
Overbomber

H. Blackrose wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 22:04 Can I ask what the crowd size was like, in Detroit and in PA? A lot of people were saying the tour was a mistake/doomed because of low ticket sales, but it certainly sounds like it's a success artistically.
Pitt. was alright. I couldn’t see the balcony but the floor was well-crowded from my spot behind the mixing desk. I’d say it was a decent turnout for a Sunday night.
--
Fallon
Amphetamine Filth

Why aren't these dastardly americans filming more? Don't they understand their obligations??
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Fallon wrote: 17 Sep 2024, 09:16 Why aren't these dastardly americans filming more? Don't they understand their obligations??
Because Europeens people are better for filming lol
GinaB1970
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 06:21 Many, many thanks Husek ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

First vids ... :D ... joyful audience ... :D ....

Great videos!! Thank you!
DJW
Road Kill

Is it my imagination or has the Doktor been substantially reprogrammed for Lucretia? Bass sounds much better.