Von in Louder Than War

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Fallon
Road Kill

H. Blackrose wrote: 15 Sep 2024, 22:47 If that's the correct interpretation, why is Chris still doing it? I mean, you could literally get any anonymous rando to hit Return
There are very few decent people in this life who would prefer the company of a rando over that of Chris May.
Icon
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Fallon wrote: 17 Sep 2024, 02:08
H. Blackrose wrote: 15 Sep 2024, 22:47 If that's the correct interpretation, why is Chris still doing it? I mean, you could literally get any anonymous rando to hit Return
There are very few decent people in this life who would prefer the company of a rando over that of Chris May.
Right!
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

doctor_jeep wrote: 13 Sep 2024, 18:16
H. Blackrose wrote: 12 Sep 2024, 23:54
Despite having Chris Catalyst with us, we never considered that as the next move. Chris’s destiny is to be a guitar player. It’s not to nurse the Doktor.
(??? this seems self-contradictory)
Stumbled over this one too. Doesn't seem to make much sense. Maybe Mark remembers what Von was trying to say here?
Husek wrote: 13 Sep 2024, 14:52
At this point I feel Von is committed to the 'No bass allowed' rule, and it's more probable that we end up with a case of Iron Maiden in our hands, with 3 lads playing guitars for no reason :lol:.
I'd gladly accept that tbh, why not have Kai's shimmering clean tones, alongside Chris's chugs and groove combined with Ben's cutting leads?
I'd be absolutely all in for that!

In other news, great interview, as always. To paraphrase Von: Mark has a permanent visa to Planet Eldritch, because the two of them get on very well. Nobody else talks to Eldritch like Mark talks to Eldritch.
That could be my editing. Fuller version: Eldritch was saying that Chris' destiny is to be a guitar-player. Just not in The Sisters. And that Chris isn't a long-term Nurse. But Eldritch appreciates Chris filling in while they are Nurse-less. In a previous interview: 'We're still besties with Chris."
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

Fallon wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 09:23 A question for Mark, if he happens to see this. Has Eldritch shared his view with you, regarding what you propose to do in "Here"? I wouldn't ask you to give details; I'm just curious as to whether he has an opinion on it at all, to your knowledge.
Basically, I gave him the chance to tell me to get stuffed/cease and desist. He didn't.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 15:48
Fallon wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 09:11 Couple of thoughts:

1. I do not, under any circumstances, wish to start a broader discussion on this and raise it only in the interests of wanting to get it right, but I have seen an interview with Ben in which it's claimed, quite overtly, that Kai identifies as man who uses he/they pronouns. I'm generally doing my best to go gender-neutral-by-default in my day to day life, but Von's anecdote would appear to suggest that Kai's overall gender (such as these things are) may be a little less binary than Ben suggests. I'm not really a fan of Kai's other work so am not particularly aware of whether this has ever been addressed (not that there's an obligation) - would somebody be kind enough to tell me whether "he" is appropriate? I'd like to be able to edit posts on those occasions where my stream of consciousness outpaces my typing.
I don't know Kai personally, so their pronoun preference isn't clear to me either however I know people in my personal life who are open to both Gender-Neutral, and Gendered pronouns (i.e. He/Him/They/Them) this could be the case here. Ben has known Kai for longer than Eldritch, so it's possible that is that case; I know Ben has a lot of respect for the LGBTQ community (as well as Von) so I don't think he would intentionally misgender them. Von's anecdote could be from when they were first getting acquainted and wasn't sure himself which pronouns Kai preferred. Hope this helps a little bit

https://www.espritdair.com/pages/kai-esprit-dair-gender

During the interview I used 'he/him' and Eldritch used 'they/their'. Both are correct. When I wrote it up, I changed to 'they/their' for consistency, not because 'he/him' is wrong.
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

MAndrews wrote: Yesterday, 20:12 Eldritch was saying that Chris' destiny is to be a guitar-player. Just not in The Sisters.
Makes sense; still seems pretty cold considering that Chris was a guitar player in TSOM for fourteen years.

I wonder if the idea is to get Dave Creffield back at some stage.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024
Being645
Wiki Wizard

MAndrews wrote: Yesterday, 20:12 Eldritch was saying that Chris' destiny is to be a guitar-player. Just not in The Sisters.
Sounds like a terrible punishment ... especially when it goes as far as "destiny" ...
Thank you very much Mr teacher ... but yeah, broken and through remains broken and through, even if not all is lost.
And anyway, now there are two great guitar players in The Sisters, and Chris is in The Sisters, that's definitely something ... :) ...
and as they all look ok with it, so what ... :wink: ...
sultan2075
Overbomber

MAndrews wrote: Yesterday, 20:20
Fallon wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 09:23 A question for Mark, if he happens to see this. Has Eldritch shared his view with you, regarding what you propose to do in "Here"? I wouldn't ask you to give details; I'm just curious as to whether he has an opinion on it at all, to your knowledge.
Basically, I gave him the chance to tell me to get stuffed/cease and desist. He didn't.
There was a flyer with QR code advertising the Unbound campaign at the merch table in Pittsburg, so I'm assuming that Von has nodded his approval to some degree at least.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.