2024-09-15: Roxian Theatre, Mckees Rocks, PA, USA

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
ruffers
Overbomber

Whoo! Whoo!
Chucking another log on
sultan2075
Overbomber

DJW wrote: 17 Sep 2024, 12:44 Is it my imagination or has the Doktor been substantially reprogrammed for Lucretia? Bass sounds much better.
I noticed some changes to the programming on Lucretia and Alice both (possibly just an artifact of being there and standing right behind the mixing desk for a change). Overall I thought the bass sounded different on most tracks.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It must take a hell of a lot of discipline for Chris to stand there absolutely poker-faced, rather than rocking out like Davey would
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Meanwhile here's This Corrosion ... :D ...

sultan2075
Overbomber

H. Blackrose wrote: 17 Sep 2024, 22:20 It must take a hell of a lot of discipline for Chris to stand there absolutely poker-faced, rather than rocking out like Davey would
I had the same thought. Kind of reminded me of Public Enemy’s S1W’s back in the day.

I think I did catch him singing along at a few points before stopping himself though.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Husek
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 02:45
H. Blackrose wrote: 17 Sep 2024, 22:20 It must take a hell of a lot of discipline for Chris to stand there absolutely poker-faced, rather than rocking out like Davey would
I had the same thought. Kind of reminded me of Public Enemy’s S1W’s back in the day.

I think I did catch him singing along at a few points before stopping himself though.
He was absolutely singing Lucretia and giving ground lol
I think for Lucretia you can actually see in one of the YouTube videos his lips moving accordingly
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Currently we can listen to the whole show here (audio only) ... :D ... they've already reached On The Beachh by now... :wink: ...
Btw, I really enjoyed Ben's wulf-eaten-chalk background vocals on But Genevieve ... :lol: ... perfect match ...
And hell, what an audience ... :D :D :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... Many thanks to the uploader ... ;D :notworthy: ...

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Excellent cheers Sabine :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: and DelusionTyrant2, of course, same dude who recorded SIlver Spring 8) :notworthy:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
robertzombie
Overbomber

I hope Chris has an anti-fatigue mat to stand on!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

robertzombie wrote: 25 Sep 2024, 08:21 I hope Chris has an anti-fatigue mat to stand on!
:lol:

he might be glad of the rest after all his boinging around with Ugly Kid Joe. And or he's saving up his energy for the Eureka Machines Xmas do 8)
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
Husek
Slight Overbomber

DJW wrote: 17 Sep 2024, 12:44 Is it my imagination or has the Doktor been substantially reprogrammed for Lucretia? Bass sounds much better.
Mixing is heavily different on this tour.
For one, Von vocals are actually mixed loud, bass is really loud (and I suspect a new voicing with more 'definition' was added, maybe a better VSTi?)
I also noticed that Synths are much louder than they used to be, dominion synths are noticeable now.

I think the changes in the mix not only keep things interesting, but also shows some adaptation given their current lineup.

Kai is often playing those new clean riffs, very FALAA-like, and they bring a lot harmonically speaking to the songs, but it's the polar opposite of Dylan or Chris with their over-the-top distorted heavy-bass rhythm guitars, so it makes sense to play the Dok bass louder to cover that part of the sonic spectrum.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop