National Album Day Floodland

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Pista
Cureboi

Anyone in need of a black ice galaxy re-issue?

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nope, but only because I don't own a record player. That does look quite groovy.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Fallon
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 15 Sep 2024, 09:51 Nope, but only because I don't own a record player. That does look quite groovy.
Some would argue that all records, by design, are groovy.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I wouldn't want Floodland on vinyl because you don't get the full length This Corrosion
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024
Gaijin

H. Blackrose wrote: 15 Sep 2024, 22:46 I wouldn't want Floodland on vinyl because you don't get the full length This Corrosion
lol

Flood II and Driven Like The Snow are also edited, though the full length This Corrosion is not available on any format of Floodland.
"The lambs are dead and the cows explode"
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Nice colour, but the black one(s) I've got are still perfect ...
mh
Above the Chemist

I've the Mofi version which does have the full-length tracks, as well as some interesting/unique mixes. This one looks nice and it's always good to buy a Sisters record.

It seems difficult to get the full-length tracks on streaming services these days, that's something that needs to be corrected.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 05:32

It seems difficult to get the full-length tracks on streaming services these days, that's something that needs to be corrected.
Spotify has " The Floodland collection " that has the 9.30 ish version of This Corrosion as well as the 8 minute plus 12" version. It also has the splendid 12" version of Lucretia
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
mh
Above the Chemist

ribbons69 wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 07:16
mh wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 05:32

Spotify has " The Floodland collection " that has the 9.30 ish version of This Corrosion as well as the 8 minute plus 12" version. It also has the splendid 12" version of Lucretia
Yes, but short versions of Flood 2 and Driven. :(
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
hellboy69

Looks tasty, but will stick with my og black vinyl with lyric insert… for the same reasons given above i prefer the cd mixes anyway. But yeah, it sure looks tasty.
Gaijin

Buy this if you want the CD mixes on vinyl.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2028072 ... -Floodland

Pricing is wild though.
"The lambs are dead and the cows explode"
Nyth Grandbeard
Amphetamine Filth

I also have the Mofi version which sounds superb, but I do love the 'Smokey' vinyl look, it looks awesome on the BBC sessions vinyl.
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

anyone know how many copies are released.. curious to see what level of demand is out there for the girls material
HouseOfPain
Road Kill

Hi,

how is the Jugton release compared to the Mofi release?

Thx,HoP