NEW SONGS!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I feel like Ben has to know that posing for this picture is going to wind a load of people (including me!) up.

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Nothing to "worry" about, I'd expect that Ben would make contacts for himself.
Or maybe a landing crew for upcoming/possible operation overload?
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

The way his tweet is written, it's either big news or high quality trolling...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I see no problem.
Maybe they met just like so and/or talked about Diamond Black issues as DB were discussing stuff in their weekly news
including the release of their first full album next year ... https://www.youtube.com/@DiamondBlack/videos ... :wink: ...

Good luck at that, btw ... :) ... sounds cool ... :) ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Why on earth would this wind you or anyone up :?: and perhaps more to the point, why would it wind you or anyone up in a thread about new songs :?:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Planet Dave wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 15:07 Why on earth would this wind you or anyone up :?: and perhaps more to the point, why would it wind you or anyone up in a thread about new songs :?:
Indeed. What is really worrying could be this first so-called cover of Quantum Baby ... oh my ... Image ... Image Image :urff: ... etc ...

LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 15:30
Planet Dave wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 15:07 Why on earth would this wind you or anyone up :?: and perhaps more to the point, why would it wind you or anyone up in a thread about new songs :?:
Indeed. What is really worrying could be this first so-called cover of Quantum Baby ... oh my ... Image ... Image Image :urff: ... etc ...

I think they meant wind up, in the sense "don't let this get your hopes up" ^_^

Also that "cover" is really very strange. Completely fabricated vocal line...
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

There's not a cat in hell's chance of me clicking that play button :lol: :lol: :lol:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Planet Dave wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 15:46

There's not a cat in hell's chance of me clicking that play button :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nor me although i havent even listened to the Sisters playing it yet. It's the principle. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
sultan2075
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 16:56
Planet Dave wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 15:46

Nor me although i havent even listened to the Sisters playing it yet. It's the principle. :von:
It's dire. The ass-end of awful.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
lilac
Road Kill

I feel like someone fed the live recording to one of those music generating AIs, wouldn't that explain the garbled lyrics and the art looks like ai too
H. Blackrose

Todashi wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 14:14 I feel like Ben has to know that posing for this picture is going to wind a load of people (including me!) up.
Even if every other star in the universe were aligned, no chance Von would have anything to do with Cleopatra Records
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024
alanm

Being645 wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 15:30 Indeed. What is really worrying could be this first so-called cover of Quantum Baby ... oh my ...
Feels like it might be a gen-AI effort, the vocals especially remind me of the output from playing around with Suno
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

alanm wrote: 08 Oct 2024, 07:36
Being645 wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 15:30 Indeed. What is really worrying could be this first so-called cover of Quantum Baby ... oh my ...
Feels like it might be a gen-AI effort, the vocals especially remind me of the output from playing around with Suno
Can well be. Those lyrics are beyond any understanding of the original, a self-pitying complainer wrapped in sort of death metal roar ... :lol: :lol: ...

somewhat typical for the worst type of negative social media blah nowadays and more than double as long as the original of course ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

... Oh, the poor chaps ... sadly they are failed by all the healing in this song ... :( ...
Last edited by Being645 on 08 Oct 2024, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

H. Blackrose wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 20:06
Todashi wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 14:14 I feel like Ben has to know that posing for this picture is going to wind a load of people (including me!) up.
Even if every other star in the universe were aligned, no chance Von would have anything to do with Cleopatra Records
Exaclty!
I doubt that AE, claiming he not g()th and has nothing to do with this, yet playing at g()th festival, while this label is ultra-g()th, it's a huge, enormous NO.
copper

MrChris wrote: 07 Oct 2024, 14:31 The way his tweet is written, it's either big news or high quality trolling...
Trolling like it's 1997.

"This is from our new album, Butt F-ck Parlour Time on Cleopatra Records. I DON'T THINK SO!! But some of you do. You wish it was true."
H. Blackrose

I always get Switchblade Symphony mixed up with Strawberry Switchblade
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024