Temple Of Love 7" on CD

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

https://www.discogs.com/release/2782310 ... -1978-1989

The original version, remastered.

A host of other bands that have some connection to The Sisters are presented here, for the curious... :|
"The lambs are dead and the cows explode"
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Cherry Red do quite a few good compilations
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
GaBriela39
Road Kill

the question is, its from a master or just rip from vinyl?
Gaijin

GaBriela39 wrote: 11 Oct 2024, 19:30 the question is, its from a master or just rip from vinyl?
I shall report back... 😂

EDIT: Not a needledrop - but it is (I think) the same version as on "Was Het Nu 70 Of 80? Vol 2" (1995), that being an edit of the 12" into the 7" shape.
robertzombie
Overbomber

If you can here the drum solo start up in the fade-out, it's an edit of the 12" version.
Gaijin

@ robertzombie - This 7" version is discussed on your thread about your needledrop project.

To quote you: "Most intriguing. It's not *actually* the 7" version. Rather, it is the 12" version from SGWBM edited to mimic the 7". You can tell by listening to the very end. On the original 7", the high hat continues for an extra beat in the fade out, whilst on the 12" version the drums end cold and the guitar fades. Also, the 12" version has a slightly wobbly/wah wah guitar fade which is different to way it fades on the 7".
Compare the ending of my 7" transfer with the ending from the Belgian CD and SGWBM. It's clear that they've taken the Extended Version and cut it :)"

Regardless, it's a rare opportunity for fans to pick up the track in any form and the new EQ curve gives it legs.