Limited colored vinyl FALAA?

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Robert E
Road Kill

Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

No, it is a bootleg.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Napalm God
Road Kill

I have one of these, no. 158. It's supposed to be a promo, made in the UK by EMI under licence from Warner. How do you know it isn't genuine?

Napalm God
Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational whammy bar!
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Napalm God wrote:I have one of these, no. 158. It's supposed to be a promo, made in the UK by EMI under licence from Warner. How do you know it isn't genuine?

Napalm God
it s probably the most boring sisters bootleg ever, at least in the vinyl section
Napalm God
Road Kill

it s probably the most boring sisters bootleg ever, at least in the vinyl section
Firstly, I've yet to see proof that it is a bootleg rather than a genuine promo. Secondly, given that, even if it isn't a genuine promo, the recording is nevertheless identical to the original vinyl version of FALAA. I have played mine only once. That was for the purpose of making a CD version of FALAA in the way it should be. It certainly beats the pants off the retail version.

Napalm God
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Napalm God wrote:
Firstly, I've yet to see proof that it is a bootleg rather than a genuine promo. Secondly, given that, even if it isn't a genuine promo, the recording is nevertheless identical to the original vinyl version of FALAA. I have played mine only once. That was for the purpose of making a CD version of FALAA in the way it should be. It certainly beats the pants off the retail version.

Napalm God
Do you know any official release that says on the label "sisters of mercy" and not "the sisters of mercy"?
Napalm God
Road Kill

Do you know any official release that says on the label "sisters of mercy" and not "the sisters of mercy"?
Good point. Mine says "The Sisters of Mercy" on the sleeve but just "Sisters of Mercy" on the record itself. This could mean it is a fake. On the other hand, it could be just be one more example of record company incompetence.

Napalm God
mh
Above the Chemist

Napalm God wrote:This could mean it is a fake. On the other hand, it could be just be one more example of record company incompetence.
Both equally likely.

The labels seem to me to be a bit of a dead giveaway though - not in the standard Sisters "house style" of the time.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I seem to remember that the labels mention EMI so that gives a good hint that these are counterfeit/bootleg ...
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?