Disguised in Black, Double vinyl bootleg?

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
sinclair
Road Kill

Disguised in black double vinyl bootleg. I bought this in 1990 for £25. Does anyone have any idea what its worth is these days?
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

probaby about 15 quid of your lucky
Dan
Overbomber

A few years back I saw it selling for £50, but since the Sisters have lost popularity with some (caused in part by no new releases) the value of bootlegs seems to have dropped. Of course there's always a few crazy people who are willing to pay silly money for them, but I recently looked on ebay to see what prices they were getting (as I had some I wished to part with) and either nobody was bidding or someone was putting in one bid of £4 and winning because there were no other bidders, so until they rise in value mine will stay on the shelf.
sinclair
Road Kill

Fair enough, i think i would be loath to part with it and just wanted some idea of its worth. I really dont know what has happened to the Sisters popularity, in my day they were "the f**king band" and a sountrack to just about every thing i did. I do love the effect its having on the price of bootlegs tho cos i got a nice one the other week. Its got a moody pic of stonehenge on the sleeve, its austrian and its in orange vinyl with a white label. It was a nice find cos it only cost me three quid! :D

Ps. If allfear is Mathiew.....sorry chap i still havent found that nos bootleg it seems to have disapeared along with my demo of waiting ep. And i must say since waiting ep.......f**k me youve been busy! checked your site and looked at the gig list! If your anywhere near Brighton gigin gime a shout and ill come and see. All the best. :notworthy:
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Whating EP, god Im glad you cant find that, certian blackmail material there!!!

I think the sisters fall in popularity is down to 2 things

1) Andrew Eldritch and his tireless "Were not Goth" and "I hate Goths" stand

2) The Fact there hasnt been a new SOM album for 12 years and the fact that the 'New' Material is soooo sub standard.

Also Disguised in black is probaby the most common bootleg sisters album ever released, yeah in the early 90s places like garagelands charged a premium for sisters boots, but with CD-R and tradeing sisters boots apart from the most obscure ones like all bottlegs are all but worthless these days.

BEst

Matt
sinclair
Road Kill

Yeah all his comments about im not a goth band have pissed me off too. goths made him rich and now he has the cheek to turn his nose up at us. but it does however show the strength of the original sisters material cos we are still listening and fans even tho he doesnt like goths. its one of lifes little dichotomies!

all the best.

Sinclair.
lock up your daughters, theres a Goth About!
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

there's a copy on ebay for about £17 at the moment (clicky)

and a CD version as well for under a fiver (clicky)
James Blast
Banned

the typeface is wrong, I do hate that!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele