Best & Worst Sisters show you saw

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

so it's just Suzanne? :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

James Blast wrote:so it's just Suzanne? :(
Aye, forever and always...I guess... :|
"as we walk on the floodland"
James Blast
Banned

Bum! :evil:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
radiojamaica wrote: Worst show: at the same festival, 9 years later, in 2001. It was a very special edition that year: we were dj'ing at the festival ourselves and it was the first time the missus came along to see The Sisters on stage.
Andy & the boys were way too speedy for our liking and we failed to singalong to all those 'new' songs... We walked away halfway :eek:
The shared Susanne from that site was recorded there. Not bad IMO.
Nevertheless it certainly was different from the 1992 show. I loved the gig mainly for that reason you mention because it was the first time I could see them perform the new songs. But hey....I seem to like all their gigs. :D
When I listen to the Pukkelpop bootleg today, I think it's pretty good actually :innocent: :lol:
But back then I wanted to hear a Sisters show. Like I had seen them before you know... And suddenly there was little left as they updated the sound & songs and... it was a major dissapointment for me. (Mind you, it wasn't the first time I heared the new songs. Back in 98 they played most of them already)
I figured The sisters were over for me... but a couple years later I found myself digging up my old Sisters bootlegs and listened to them on a daily basis. Then came the 2005 tour and the Heartland membership and since then there's no way back anymore. I just had to let the old Sisters go, let loose that goose. Accept that they've evolved in some way... I can always play some 83-dvd's or Wake, but I don't expect that stuff to be played on a stage near me anymore. I have finally moved on with them Schwesters ;D Love 'm :notworthy:
in dub we trust
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Best: pukkelpop 1992, Eurorock 1998, Bielefeld 2006, Paris 2006.

Worst: the other 11 we've seen were fine too, every show reached the expactations...
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
James Blast
Banned

expectations are low then...?
~ Peter Steele
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:expectations are low then...?
You know what I mean James... no bad gigs seen
HisWimmNess
Amphetamine Filth

Best: AB BRussels 2006 (2nd gig)

Worst: Belga Beach Festival, a long time ago

In between: 19 others ;D
nostalgy ain't what it used to be
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

radiojamaica wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
radiojamaica wrote: Worst show: at the same festival, 9 years later, in 2001. It was a very special edition that year: we were dj'ing at the festival ourselves and it was the first time the missus came along to see The Sisters on stage.
Andy & the boys were way too speedy for our liking and we failed to singalong to all those 'new' songs... We walked away halfway :eek:
The shared Susanne from that site was recorded there. Not bad IMO.
Nevertheless it certainly was different from the 1992 show. I loved the gig mainly for that reason you mention because it was the first time I could see them perform the new songs. But hey....I seem to like all their gigs. :D
When I listen to the Pukkelpop bootleg today, I think it's pretty good actually :innocent: :lol:
But back then I wanted to hear a Sisters show. Like I had seen them before you know... And suddenly there was little left as they updated the sound & songs and... it was a major dissapointment for me. (Mind you, it wasn't the first time I heared the new songs. Back in 98 they played most of them already)
I figured The sisters were over for me... but a couple years later I found myself digging up my old Sisters bootlegs and listened to them on a daily basis. Then came the 2005 tour and the Heartland membership and since then there's no way back anymore. I just had to let the old Sisters go, let loose that goose. Accept that they've evolved in some way... I can always play some 83-dvd's or Wake, but I don't expect that stuff to be played on a stage near me anymore. I have finally moved on with them Schwesters ;D Love 'm :notworthy:
Amen... :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

HisWimmNess wrote: Worst: Belga Beach Festival, a long time ago
Oooh :eek: I liked it a lot! ;D
in dub we trust
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

radiojamaica wrote:
HisWimmNess wrote: Worst: Belga Beach Festival, a long time ago
Oooh :eek: I liked it a lot! ;D
Is that the Zeebrugge 1993 one? :eek:
Looks great on DVD! :D
HisWimmNess
Amphetamine Filth

Belga Beach: setting was -to say the least- original. Weather was nice. I enjoyed myself a lot. But the show was bad, very bad. :innocent:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

HisWimmNess wrote:Belga Beach: setting was -to say the least- original. Weather was nice. I enjoyed myself a lot. But the show was bad, very bad. :innocent:
What was bad about it then?
HisWimmNess
Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat wrote:
HisWimmNess wrote:Belga Beach: setting was -to say the least- original. Weather was nice. I enjoyed myself a lot. But the show was bad, very bad. :innocent:
No smoke, bad sound (too much wind?), too short, no lights, ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

HisWimmNess wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
The sound seems to be fine on DVD. I agree with the lenght which is probably not their fault. No smoke indeed... :lol:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
HisWimmNess wrote:
Ozpat wrote: What was bad about it then?
The sound seems to be fine on DVD. I agree with the lenght which is probably not their fault. No smoke indeed... :lol:
Hey, they played around 4 or 5 in the afternoon... it wouldn't have made sense to turn the lights on, now would it?! :wink:
And it was very windy that day (of course it was windy, the stage was right there on the beach!) and that does strange things to sound & smoke.
Where I was standing (very much in front) sound was ace and they rocked big time!
I wouldn't have missed it for anything in the world! All my opinion of course ;D :lol:
in dub we trust
HisWimmNess
Amphetamine Filth

This list is Best - Worst show I'VE seen, no? ;D

When I need to make a list of the 21 shows I saw, it will be ranked last.
Way last. With quite a gap between number 20 and 21 ;D

So, maybe I have been very lucky to see 20 shows that were better then this one. With all do respect, Mr Von is not the person to be seen in daylight :innocent:
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

[quote="HisWimmNess"]This list is Best - Worst show I'VE seen, no? ;D

When I need to make a list of the 21 shows I saw, it will be ranked last.
Way last. With quite a gap between number 20 and 21 ;D

So, maybe I have been very lucky to see 20 shows that were better then this one. With all do respect, Mr Von is not the person to be seen in daylight ==> Absolutely right although we've missed that gig...