Star Wars VII

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

I must admit I could be a critic of JJ Abrams for exactly the things I liked about the movie. As with the Star Trek films, he filled TFA with numerous references to the original series. I personally liked that much more than in the Trek movies but there were points where I wouldn't have been surprised if Han Solo had turned and winked at the camera after delivering one of his lines. As I said, I was happy with the film but I'm glad Abrams isn't directing VIII as he appears somewhat afraid to venture out with new ideas, he doesn't appear confident in himself to push the boundaries and plays it very safe. When it works you get the 2009 Star Trek film (sort of) and TFA. When it doesn't work you get Star Trek Into Darkness with, jeesus where do you start, but mostly Khan Noonian Singh played by the whitest guy in the world ever.
Anger Is An Energy
Pista
Cureboi

Phil wrote:I must admit I could be a critic of JJ Abrams for exactly the things I liked about the movie. As with the Star Trek films, he filled TFA with numerous references to the original series. I personally liked that much more than in the Trek movies but there were points where I wouldn't have been surprised if Han Solo had turned and winked at the camera after delivering one of his lines. As I said, I was happy with the film but I'm glad Abrams isn't directing VIII as he appears somewhat afraid to venture out with new ideas, he doesn't appear confident in himself to push the boundaries and plays it very safe. When it works you get the 2009 Star Trek film (sort of) and TFA. When it doesn't work you get Star Trek Into Darkness with, jeesus where do you start, but mostly Khan Noonian Singh played by the whitest guy in the world ever.
I'm glad he didn't go crazy ape bonkers with lens flare.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:I'm glad he didn't go crazy ape bonkers with lens flare.
He's in the next film.
Four strings good, six strings bad
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Timmy just tweeted this & I almost lost a perfectly good keyboard..
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

OK so it's a year since everyone else saw this, and today it's all about Rogue One, but i have finally just sat and watched this film so wanted to add my two penn'orth.

firstly it was so much better than the prequels that i finally felt the bitter disappointment of The Phantom Menace ease a little. it was not just because of the role reprisal by the original cast members either. the whole thing was done with a lot more care and love and respect. the story was good, the new characters are strong and -defecting stormtroopers aside- believable. Daisy Ridley's Rey is awesome. the backgrounds and events of the years in between then and now are cleverly and deftly told through the ongoing story with no ponderous flashbacks or "catch-up" sequences. han solo is convincingly written as an older version of the legend and harrison ford's polished performance is spot on. carrie fisher and mark hamill make it special just by being in it.
i could moan about there being yet another Death Star to blow up (is that 3 now? come on...) but i loved it so i won't. a great job by the new creative team in keeping the legend alive in a way that the prequels simply didn't.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Only a year? I think I've watched it about 8 or 9 times already...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote:Only a year? I think I've watched it about 8 or 9 times already...
also a year since we lost Lemmy and Bowie; that seems like fucking yesterday man. :?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: