Why can't we do this people?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

nowayjose wrote:
Prescott wrote:
nowayjose wrote: Hmm, I don't think holding up the NIN mirror to :von: 's face is conducive to getting him to do _anything_...
REALLY? And why is that?
Is this a rhetoric question? I can't tell.. I guess it'd be a bit like 'look, that other dude's got huge success, and why not you?'

Edit: commercial success, that is.
I see your point. Yet it doesn't have to be the first thing that comes to mind, seriously. As a few others have mentioned, NiN didn't come up with the idea of fan-base fostered projects, but they are open to them, that's all.
"... because we're that kind of people."
il duce
Amphetamine Filth

I do not care if anyone buys CD's anymore.
The fact is still that it makes no sense that Von refuses to release new music in ANY way. Instead we get new songs live in half-assed, mumbled versions.
Not good enough at all.

And NO ONE can tell me that there are not ways to get new music out so that you still make money, since money seems to be the thing that matters.

All I want is the f**king 10-20 year old so-called new songs in the right versions with good sound.

AND I want to hear Floorshow played properly one more time before I die.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing
Prescott

il duce wrote:I do not care if anyone buys CD's anymore.
The fact is still that it makes no sense that Von refuses to release new music in ANY way. Instead we get new songs live in half-assed, mumbled versions.
Not good enough at all.

And NO ONE can tell me that there are not ways to get new music out so that you still make money, since money seems to be the thing that matters.

All I want is the f**king 10-20 year old so-called new songs in the right versions with good sound.

Wow! I couldn't agree more. Yet I guess I have been trying my damnedest to change my tone a little. Although, one also wonders if it matters at all what tone we use. I still can't get the lyrics to "iDiOT NATiON" by Gary Marx, from Nineteen Ninety Five and Nowhere, out of my head in regards to all of this.

It seems that maybe the strike wasn't really against Warner-East/West at all, it seems the strike is still on-going, and was against the fans all along.
Yet why? Was is initially to separate the wheat from the chaff? To get rid of the Goth kids that never grew up? Now what is it? - To get rid of the bigots and philistines?

Sorry, but that is surely not ever going to happen. I can barely get people to discuss the relevance of Kierkegaard, much less interest anyone in culture and refinement.

Someone suggested "Either/Or, A Fragment of Life" by K. to me. Dare I say I've been sitting around on my day off drinking copious amounts of coffee and reading it, with Michael Jackson playing in the background, I don't see any contradiction there.

You lot might find this relevant:

"What I need is a voice as piercing as the glance of Lynceus, as terrifying as the groan of the giants, as sustained as a sound of nature, as mocking as an icy gust of wind, as malicious as echo's heartless taunting, extending in range from the deepest bass to the most melting high notes, and modulated from a solemn-silent whisper to the energy of rage. That is what I need in order to breathe, to give voice to what is on my mind, to have the viscera of both anger and sympathy shaken."

And:

"Let others complain that the times are evil. I complain that they are wretched, for they are without passion. People's thoughts are as thin and fragile as lace... Their desires are staid and dull, their passions drowsy...That is why my soul always turns back to the Old Testament and to Shakespeare. There one still feels that those that speak are human beings; there they hate, there they love, there they murder the enemy, curse his descendants through all generations - there they sin."

Yeah, we've been punished enough, how about some "Release".
:wink:
_emma_
Overbomber

Prescott wrote:Although, one also wonders if it matters at all what tone we use.
Most definitely it doesn't.
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

il duce wrote: All I want is the f**king 10-20 year old so-called new songs in the right versions with good sound.

All I want is for the original members of the Ramones to reform and play one more time before I die.

I think the odds are about equal on us getting our last wish.
mh
Above the Chemist

Right now I'd be reasonably happy with Body Electric 84, Train and Afterhours on an official reissue. Which I'm figuring is just as likely.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

shivarising wrote:
il duce wrote: All I want is the f**king 10-20 year old so-called new songs in the right versions with good sound.

All I want is for the original members of the Ramones to reform and play one more time before I die.

I think the odds are about equal on us getting our last wish.
:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Prescott wrote: You lot might find this relevant ....

And ...
Please let me know who you are quoting there ... :wink: ...
Prescott

See the above in my post. It's from "Either/Or" by Søren Kierkegaard.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Thanks, (since I'm somewhat silly - or maybe only tired and exhausted),
that had not come quite clear to me ... :wink: ...
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

"Give me anything, bad or good, but strong"
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Nadia81 wrote:"Give me anything, bad or good, but strong"
... :wink: ... or more recently, I Wanna Be Sedated .... ...
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:lol: :lol: Yes,precisely. Pass the xanax. :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

However, for The Ramones The Ramones were xanax, I guess ... :lol: ... God bless them ... :notworthy: ...