1995 And Nowhere

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:(Mr Marx wrote the addresses on the jiffy bags/bubbler mailers himself, so ... from memory ...)

1. MarkFiend has the Non-Postage Stamp (I remember the scan!) limited edition jiffy bag. Apparently Mr Marx lives very close to Mark and knocked on his front door, got no response (as Mark and Kerry were at work) so shoved it through his letter box. Hand delivered by The Hand Of Marx. :notworthy:
Unfortunately you misremember John.

Mine is indeed written by the hand of Marx but there are stamps on. Just that the stamps weren't franked.

*Edit: and the (former) "goth star" who lives near me is in fact Danny Mass (ex-Salvation) who lives just up my street.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

CellThree wrote:I would do what Quiffy suggests, email Gary and ask him if he still has any copies available.
Indeed but I fear he is going to be bored with all the emails he will receive ...
Badlander
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote: Indeed but I fear he is going to be bored with all the emails he will receive ...
Just write a polite letter, try not to sound too foolish and don't be impatient. I suppose he'll be pleased with the sudden renewed interest.
He's a nice guy. 8)

Much nicer than Von anyway.

We may indeed have to wait for a while, but isn't it exciting to get the record straight from the man himself, Gary rockin' Marx ! :twisted:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: starry-eyed fan-boy
:lol: Lee, you're such a tart! :lol:

Cheers for info QB, guess Mr Marx will have a lot on though at the mo, emailed up to his eyeballs :wink: , is he sending them gratis or flogging them? If they're free, I'll badger one the Leeds Contingent to copy me one, otherwise my email can join the pile. :D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I keep meaning to ask him about covering an unreleased GD song.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

markfiend wrote:
*Edit: and the (former) "goth star" who lives near me is in fact Danny Mass (ex-Salvation) who lives just up my street.
bloody hell Mark, you name dropping again :lol: :lol:

that means i must've stayed in a place just up the street from you :eek: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Email sent

I asked whether he'd wish for payment of if he'd be happy to send out copies for free.

I was sorely tempted to do the whole "Oh My God, I LUURVED the B-Side of FALAA, will you have my children!!!"(reminder: still a man, despite name and desires for procreation with Mr Marx)

But I get a sneaky suspicion that this would annoy him immensely.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Maisey wrote:Email sent

I asked whether he'd wish for payment of if he'd be happy to send out copies for free.

I was sorely tempted to do the whole "Oh My God, I LUURVED the B-Side of FALAA, will you have my children!!!"(reminder: still a man, despite name and desires for procreation with Mr Marx)

But I get a sneaky suspicion that this would annoy him immensely.
tell me about it... when i first started work on the ghost dance site he came round to my house for a chat - i had to hide all the fanboi stuff for fear of it all looking a bit alan patridge-esque :lol:

sadly, while i was off making him a cuppa (black coffee, no sugar IIRC :lol:) he had a rummage through my records and found a stack of bootlegs and demos :o :oops: :lol: :D

he took it well though, and even commented that he hadn't seen one of them before! and he hadnt even heard of that alice dirty funkster bootleg ;)
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 17 Jan 2007, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

... And no word of what happened after that. :evil: Tell us more, Big Boss!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Ahráyeph wrote:... And no word of what happened after that. :evil: Tell us more, Big Boss!
see the edit ;)

oh yeah, and i owned a dog at the time and he seemed very much a "dog person". even though the old furry bugger was pretty huge, overly friendly & slobbering at the time, mr marx wasn't intimidate in the slightest... 8)
Badlander
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: he took it well though, and even commented that he hadn't seen one of them before! and he hadnt even heard of that alice dirty funkster bootleg ;)
Now that's the mark of a very nice person. 8) :notworthy:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:oh yeah, and i owned a dog at the time
What happened to Soft Lad, is he no longer with us!? :eek: :cry:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

James Blast wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:oh yeah, and i owned a dog at the time
What happened to Soft Lad, is he no longer with us!? :eek: :cry:
sadly neither his size nor his furry drool were condusive to city centre apartment living :urff: :cry:

(there were other factors as well, such as i couldnt give him enough time or attention as i worked full time, and he cost me a fortune in daytime dog walking fees etc)

all in all it just wasn't fair on the old chap, so i had to get him re-homed... gutted :( :( :(
James Blast
Banned

I expected that Yuppie Studio Complex you've relocated to would have rules about smelly muts, but he still breathes, drools, farts and chases taxis, doesn't he?

Concerned, Glasgow :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

James Blast wrote:I expected that Yuppie Studio Complex you've relocated to would have rules about smelly muts, but he still breathes, drools, farts and chases taxis, doesn't he?

as far as i know he does :)

i managed to get him a good home, but other than that i havent been "in touch"... for 2 reasons: 1) i didnt want to upset or confuse him any further by visiting then leaving again, and 2) i couldnt pluck up the courage to see him. the handover process was stressful and emotional enough :urff: :urff: :urff:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Quiff Boy wrote:
James Blast wrote:I expected that Yuppie Studio Complex you've relocated to would have rules about smelly muts, but he still breathes, drools, farts and chases taxis, doesn't he?

as far as i know he does :)

i managed to get him a good home, but other than that i havent been "in touch"... for 2 reasons: 1) i didnt want to upset or confuse him any further by visiting then leaving again, and 2) i couldnt pluck up the courage to see him. the handover process was stressful and emotional enough :urff: :urff: :urff:
Oh you've made me all emotional now. Been there and it's not nice is it? :cry:

Anyway, for fear of derailing the thread....I'll wait and see what people get back before I email Mr. Marx. Thanks for this Lee :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:Anyway, for fear of derailing the thread....
Are we allowed to point out to Quiff Boy that this is Sisters Chat?

Honestly, sometimes he acts like he owns this bloody place.
анархия
Silver_Owl
The Don

smiscandlon wrote:

:roll: Coming round here with his ramblings of yesteryear...the Rowley Burkin of Heartland. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

I fear it was my fault... I was verah, verah drunk at the time :|

on a Pearlman related note:
I was asleep about 200-300ft. above the aforementioned plank spankers heid one night in Leeds.

Just thought I'd mention it.

I'll get me duvet
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

smiscandlon wrote:

ah, he may own the place, but bux is "sisters chat" editor and owner of the final decision...i'd very much like to hear his opinion on this thread, eh readers? :innocent: :wink: :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:I fear it was my fault... I was verah, verah drunk at the time :|

on a Pearlman related note:
I was asleep about 200-300ft. above the aforementioned plank spankers heid one night in Leeds.

Just thought I'd mention it.

I'll get me duvet
Ah yes, he was laughing at Mr Jones slagging off Queen, while Rachael and wife, Jansenclone, and our Timmy were helping them both drink my credit card to it's limit! :notworthy: :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

steps gently into sister's chat...
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:

ah, he may own the place, but bux is "sisters chat" editor and owner of the final decision...i'd very much like to hear his opinion on this thread, eh readers? :innocent: :wink: :von:
god owns this place so ranks over bux. Quiff Boy can do whatever the f**k.he.pleases because this is his baby. The derailment within these walls "allows" for god's dog-that-was (still alive) comments.

now behave ~ and carry on....

:von:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

Big Si wrote:Rachael and wife
Shit! I missed some 'Hot Goth Lesbo Action' too.

Aye, rub it in Big Yin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

MadameButterfly wrote: god owns this place so ranks over bux.
a shocking way for a pagan to talk debs...you'll be saying he has a host of winged-blokes in frocks for servants and lives in the sky next. and that his son's mum was a virgin. :roll:
<<reads next bit of mb's post.>>
MadameButterfly wrote: Quiff Boy can do whatever the f**k.he.pleases because this is his baby. The derailment within these walls "allows" for god's dog-that-was (still alive) comments.
oh -you meant the quiffmeister was god...naaah -i've met our boss and he's definitely real, and not a figment of mass-hysteria brought about by the inevitability of death and the fear of oblivilon.
and i was merely pointing out that our chairman could entertain us with stories of what he thnks eldritch was/wasn't doing in 1995 thus bringing us back on-topic. :wink: :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:
Big Si wrote:Rachael and wife
Shit! I missed some 'Hot Goth Lesbo Action' too.

Aye, rub it in Big Yin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rachael happens to be a bloke! :eek: :roll:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis