Korrosiv - Gig and Album news [unified thread]

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
psichonaut
Overbomber

fingers crossed korin
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

James Blast wrote:
Dark wrote:Can't win them all. Anything else to say?
eh.... without being chucked out of HL?

it's not my thing young Korin, more power tae ye, all the same
James Blast wrote:to each.. their own...
;) :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Bump up the jam. :innocent:

Yeah, this gig's on Friday. The CD is almost recorded... :)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Gig went fairly well.. recording of all but the first 30 seconds of the first track, sounds not-too-bad.. except I somewhat trashed BL at the end with s**t out-of-tune and out-of-time singing.. I'll do better next time, since it's a local gig I'll be able to have a drink. :?

Setlist:

Intro: A State Of Terror
Take Me Away
Destruction Of The Nile (FearOfHatred cover)
NoiseNoiseNoise
Massacre
Prohibition Of Still Life
Ozymandias
New World Order
Blue Lover (James Ray's Gangwar cover)
Civilization

And finally...

Korrosiv's CD "A State Of Terror" is now released. It costs £3, €4 or $6, depending on your currency of choice.
Tracks include "New World Order" and "Prohibition Of Still Life" (the latter of which may be downloaded from the website) and a cover of James Ray's Gangwar's track "Blue Lover" from their "Third Generation" LP.
Orders can be made via emailing thorncultrecords at googlemail dot com. Sadly, can still not take PayPal because of my bank's failure.

Cheers all. :von:

robertzombie
Overbomber

James Ray's website has gone doolally :eek:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

robertzombie wrote:James Ray's website has gone doolally :eek:
i think ian has ftp'd the wrong front page up :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Debaser
Overbomber

When you announce your TBA Lincoln gig on 15th March, give us a shove and I'll pootle on down.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I got a message tonight from the guy who's putting it on, confirming if I'd like to play. But it should certainly be going ahead. :)

I know Jamie from PlaguesFire videoed my set, and I'm getting some phone footage/pics from my fans (all one of him) who came with me.

And for anyone who's interested, though I only pressed "Record" halfway through Take Me Away, the tape did seem to record fairly well. ;)
Silver_Owl
The Don

Dark wrote: And for anyone who's interested, though I only pressed "Record" halfway through Take Me Away, the tape did seem to record fairly well. ;)
Weed weed weed :!: :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I'll try and transfer it onto my laptop later. Can't promise it'll sound any good though. :lol:
And I can't really weed it, as it's missing the first half of the soundcheck and the first half of the first song. Were it complete.. I dunno.

I'll give it another listen soon, see if any tracks came out good enough to give out :)
Silver_Owl
The Don

Dark wrote:I'll try and transfer it onto my laptop later. Can't promise it'll sound any good though. :lol:
And I can't really weed it, as it's missing the first half of the soundcheck and the first half of the first song. Were it complete.. I dunno.

I'll give it another listen soon, see if any tracks came out good enough to give out :)
I'd still be interested in having a listen. :D

And by the way - How does one buy the CD?
(I know it says email 'thorncult' but how do I pay?) :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PM incoming. ;)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Just a quick note, though this may only really apply to Debaser:

The Jolly Brewer appear to be starting an open mic night for people using backing tracks. Needless to say, I'm taking full advantage of this. So, all being well, I should be heading there after work to get a set.

Obviously, it being an open mic night, I'm far from guaranteed a set, nor can I specify a time, though I intend to get there for around 21:30.

Failing that, there are still plenty more gigs. :)
Danke.
Debaser
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Just a quick note, though this may only really apply to Debaser:

The Jolly Brewer appear to be starting an open mic night for people using backing tracks. Needless to say, I'm taking full advantage of this. So, all being well, I should be heading there after work to get a set.

Obviously, it being an open mic night, I'm far from guaranteed a set, nor can I specify a time, though I intend to get there for around 21:30.

Failing that, there are still plenty more gigs. :)
Danke.
Yeah I noticed that - bet Bob STILL won't let 'Rockin Bob' play though :lol: We'll be there as Josh is going to do a turn too.

DON'T go on early and when you get a time slot, if I'm not there (please check outside in the beer garden) text me what time you're on.
Debaser
Overbomber

OOOOh I've just thought, they do a web cam mularky bit for the normal 'Open Mike' nights, I presume they'll be doing the same on Thursday. So in readiness...

http://www.openmicnight.thejollybrewer.co.uk/index.asp
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Good night, nice sound, presenter was doped out of his skull, and got to see Ness and Gaz. Good stuff.

Next one, as ever, is in my avatar, on the 15th March. It's a benefit gig, so feel free to go :)

And CDs are still for sale, just PM or email. ;)

EDIT: Setlist was:

Set One:
Ozymandias
NoiseNoiseNoise
Massacre
Set Two:
Prohibition Of Still Life
Cylinders
Cabaret Boy
Blue Lover

I'm well annoyed, the tape stops halfway through Cabaret Boy, which sounded awesome (Sisterhood/Cabaret Voltaire style) and there's a lot of time wasted on the recording.. and that was the best version of Blue Lover I'd ever sung, and that's completely missing. Oh the fun of tapes. :lol:
Debaser
Overbomber

Twas a good night, it's all down to timing too, we arrived in the pub JUST as Dark switched himself on!

I particularly liked 'cylinders'

Hope you managed to escape from the mad wimmin. :D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Ooh, christ, how did I forget.. yeah, that was lucky, Ness. :lol:
Cylinders was on the Lost In My Mind promo, but since it really needs slow, loud distortion to sound right, I may not play it much anymore.. as good as bits of it sound.

So yeah, this is a bump. 8)

And just a reminder.. the CD is still available for ordering. PM for details. :)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Gig is at The Travellers Rest this Saturday. With proper lighting and sound, several new songs, and hopefully some recording.

Be there, or be oval. :von:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Dark wrote:Gig is at The Travellers Rest this Saturday. With proper lighting and sound, several new songs, and hopefully some recording.

Be there, or be oval. :von:
When is your tour heading southwards? :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

When there's a place that will have me on with a cheap hotel nearby. Or if it's within driving distance. :)
(to be honest, going on a motorway would scare the living s**t out of me, but...)
Silver_Owl
The Don

Dark wrote:When there's a place that will have me on with a cheap hotel nearby. Or if it's within driving distance. :)
(to be honest, going on a motorway would scare the living s**t out of me, but...)
:lol: You sound like my mother. :lol:
I used to organise gigs down this way but lost all my contacts years ago.... :(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, if you ever find any, just say the word. :)
Silver_Owl
The Don

Dark wrote:Well, if you ever find any, just say the word. :)
I sure will. :wink:
I did promote a band called Pulp and we had a really big turn out. It was a shame most people left again when they asked 'Is it the Pulp from Sheffield?' and they got the answer - 'No, they're a thrash band from Wolverhampton....' :D

But on a serious note - there is supposed to be a new music venue opening in Royal Leamington Spa soon...could be a good venue....and you'd have somewhere to stay.... :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

s**t, come to think of it, I forgot my sister lives in Leamington Spa at the moment.. :lol: