Korrosiv - Gig and Album news [unified thread]

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

...or for our hopefully-temporarily-American comrades, "02/01/2008" ;)
Either way, on the first of February, Korrosiv will be taking to the stage in Retford once more to test out a full set of material before hopefully getting some more gigs. As with last time, it will just be me on vocals, and Torch (laptop) providing accompaniment.
The full details of the gig are as follows:

PlaguesFire (headlining) [black/thrash metal]
Korrosiv [acid/industrial]
Dead Sentinel [metal]
Arcanum [metal]
(order not yet entirely confirmed, this is how it was last time anyway)

Venue: Newcastle Arms, Retford. (PM for directions)
Date: First of February
Admission: Free
Notes: Taping Korrosiv's set is both allowed and encouraged if you give us a copy.

I doubt anyone will be able to make it, but just in case, it's worth a shot. :)

----

Also, with any luck, before the gig (or maybe even on the day itself), there will be a Korrosiv album released on ThornCult Records. Few details can be made public yet, except for that it probably won't exceed 20 minutes. And let's face it, nobody could really stand us for much longer.
Orders will probably be taken by online mail-order, any remaining after pre-orders will be sold as usual or at gigs.

Any promoters, radio stations, DJs, or anyone who feels they deserve something for nothing, feel free to get in contact in the next couple of weeks and I'll see if we'll have any promo material kicking around. :)

Any more details on either the gig or the CD will be posted here; on ThornCult Records' site; and first and foremost on Korrosiv's website.
Dankeschoen.
Last edited by Dark on 29 Apr 2008, 18:12, edited 3 times in total.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nice one Korin, best of luck with the gig matey. When things is more settled financially I'll happily head to the town that time forgot :wink: for a night out, and I'll bring hell with me. Or the Leeds Contingent, whichever is easiest to round up. :twisted:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Pista
Cureboi

There's gotta be some HL-ers out that way.
If you webcast it, I'll watch from Hungary :wink:

Seriously though, hope it all goes down well & you get a good turn out.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

You do that, Dave. I'll add some What Time Is Love variant to the set. :lol:

Heh, can't promise that, Steve, but I'll certainly check and see if anyone's videoing. ;)
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Looking good, Korin! :D

I must say the other bands on the bill doesn't really appeal to me, but a band that plays acid/industrial sure gets my vote! Do some damage! ;D :notworthy:

Come over to play on the mainland, bro! The fanbase is waitin' :wink:
in dub we trust
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Go fur it wee man 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Quick update..

Radio promo CD is ready and a couple are getting passed around. Title is "Lost In My Mind", catalogue number THRN-017, with lyric/info sheet THRN-017X. If anyone here IS a DJ/radio DJ/promoter who isn't too far from here (sorry, gigs in Belgium may have to wait for a few months until the label and I stop having no money!), then I'll send you one of the CDs.

New gig for later in the year hopefully to be announced, some more in a couple of months (apparently the promoter's waiting for confirmation from the headliners) and maybe one in a week or two's time, depending on whether my stuff sounds impressive or not.

Basically, if you couldn't be bothered to read that: updates on www.korrosiv.tk
robertzombie
Overbomber

can we hear the songs?
James Blast
Banned

we're still waiting to hear the last... :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I'll wait until I've gotten the word back from the radio presenter and promoters I've spoken to, once their copies have gone out, I'll put one or two of them up. :)

And James, don't be silly. You'll never hear the last of me. ;)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

The album is called "A State Of Terror", and will be released soon, before (or on the date of) the gig.
It'll be limited to 23 copies in its first run.
Two more gigs have been added, both in Lincoln, hopefully there'll be some more elsewhere soon.

Finally:

The track "Prohibition Of Still Life", taken from the Lost In My Mind promo, and also to be on the "A State Of Terror" album, is now available for free download. Please take a listen, any feedback will be greatly received.

The song can be downloaded as a 128kb/s mp3 or Ogg Vorbis quality 6 file from http://www.korrosiv.tk

Thank you.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Prohibition Of Still Life ain't bad matey. :wink:
Sounded a bit like Sonic Boom vocals over an early dirty Shamen demo.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

Dark wrote:The album is called "A State Of Terror", and will be released soon, before (or on the date of) the gig.
It'll be limited to 23 copies in its first run.
Two more gigs have been added, both in Lincoln, hopefully there'll be some more elsewhere soon.

Finally:

The track "Prohibition Of Still Life", taken from the Lost In My Mind promo, and also to be on the "A State Of Terror" album, is now available for free download. Please take a listen, any feedback will be greatly received.

The song can be downloaded as a 128kb/s mp3 or Ogg Vorbis quality 6 file from http://www.korrosiv.tk

Thank you.
Put me down for a copy of the album please.
BTW do you not have hosting space for flac?
Ogg's awright (less lossy than other lossy formats), but flac's the biz.

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

Is this actual product from the ThornCult neohypemachine!? :eek:

should I listen to it...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Hype is your friend. We are working on an album, inter-alia or some such s**t. What can I say, I'm under no obligation to release any music, Mr B, I do it when finance and time dictate. ;)
But yes, yes you should listen to it.

Duly noted, Steve, I'll set one aside. :)
I don't have the room for FLAC, to be honest, and I would prefer to give all the free material on fairly good quality Ogg (incentive to buy the CD and hear more frequencies of noise? :lol:), but I can't be bothered with people whining about how their default players don't support it, so I added an mp3 too.
Thanks Herr 303, being compared to a gritty Shamen demo is actually quite a compliment. :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Dark wrote: Thanks Herr 303, being compared to a gritty Shamen demo is actually quite a compliment. :lol:
I'm glad. :D Stick me down for one as well. As long as it's a limited edition tupperware boxed edition. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:lol: :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Dark wrote: Thanks Herr 303, being compared to a gritty Shamen demo is actually quite a compliment. :lol:
I'm glad. :D Stick me down for one as well. As long as it's a limited edition tupperware boxed edition. :wink:
Autographed of course.

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

get a singist :|
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Can't win them all. Anything else to say?
Pista
Cureboi

Dark wrote:Can't win them all. Anything else to say?
Yes.
Go out there & enjoy yourself & I look forward to the CD.
PM me your bank details so I can pay you.
:)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

eh.... without being chucked out of HL?

it's not my thing young Korin, more power tae ye, all the same
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:
eh.... without being chucked out of HL?

it's not my thing young Korin, more power tae ye, all the same
Yeah, I know, no worries.. plus I'm more than aware my vocals are somewhat shoddy at the best of times. That's why I was annoyed at finding out that my other vocalist wouldn't do it, and I had to do it myself. :|
James Blast
Banned

thanke :)
~ Peter Steele
robertzombie
Overbomber

that's bloody good mate! :D