SISTERS for the USA Fall 08

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Oh, aye. I'm 6'1".
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Oh, aye. I'm 6'1".
It could be something to do with what I was partaking before the gig but I could have sworn that Eva was 8'3" in her stripy Dennis the Menace socks... :roll:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

EvilBastard wrote:
It could be something to do with what I was partaking before the gig but I could have sworn that Eva was 8'3" in her stripy Dennis the Menace socks... :roll:
:lol:

Newp. The legendary SwissMiss can attest to the fact that I'm taller than she...especially since we've actually been in the same room together (and even in the same pub, later) - dundunduuuuuuuuunnnn! :von:
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

If anyone gets a line on dates/cities, would they be so kind as to post them here? We're kind of in the boonies and don't want to miss out. Couldn't make any gigs in '06 due the my other half being ill, so would love to catch them if they do come over. Top nite out for the whole family! Thanks in advance guys & girls! :notworthy: :notworthy:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Newp. The legendary SwissMiss can attest to the fact that I'm taller than she...especially since we've actually been in the same room together (and even in the same pub, later) - dundunduuuuuuuuunnnn! :von:
First Tim sleeping on top of the covers, and now you and Eva in the same room, thereby causing a fractal in the space/time continuum that dictates that the two things cannot occupy the same time and space - end times, for sure... :eek:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

msm67 wrote:If anyone gets a line on dates/cities, would they be so kind as to post them here? We're kind of in the boonies and don't want to miss out.
I'm stuck pretty much in the boonies here, too - thankfully, these boonies are "only" a 2.5-3 hour ride to NYC and/or Boston...
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@SINsister....2 hours or so to NYC but transportation/expenses would be an issue. Hoping for Philadelphia...only 1.5hrs and free places to crash.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

EvilBastard wrote:
SINsister wrote:Erm...I'm taller than she is, you nincompoop! :P :lol: :roll:
Really?? :eek:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

She is taller than me, although just about 2 lousy inches.... :P :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Eva wrote::notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

She is taller than me, although just about 2 lousy inches.... :P :lol:
:lol:

Hiya, hon! Think we'll get to meet up again in yet another major U.S. city? That'd be ace. ;D :notworthy: 8)
Eva

EvilBastard wrote:
I wonder indeed what you were partaking... I've never in my life worn stripy socks. In fact, anything stripy. But if you have more of said "partaking" I'll gladly have one, too.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
SINsister wrote: Hiya, hon! Think we'll get to meet up again in yet another major U.S. city? That'd be ace. ;D :notworthy: 8)
Oh, yes! That's the other half of what I'm looking forward to... :kiss: :notworthy: 8)
You can't fix stupid.
eotunun
Overbomber

Ghostrider wrote:if they would go to the states, seeing what it would cost to ship equipment and stuff..
A rack with a doctor in it, another one as backup, some guitars and five or six people.
Then plug them in to what the venue has to offer, or make them get the right equipment. Remember: There may be more than one set of specimen of the Sissies' light gear or speakers.
The shipping cost should not be TOO high.
My fingers are firmly crossed for you, my dear yankee bunchers!
There is shadow under this red rock
Eva

Appartently in 1997 they've been to the States for one single gig...
You can't fix stupid.
paul
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:
Ghostrider wrote:if they would go to the states, seeing what it would cost to ship equipment and stuff..
A rack with a doctor in it, another one as backup, some guitars and five or six people.
Then plug them in to what the venue has to offer, or make them get the right equipment. Remember: There may be more than one set of specimen of the Sissies' light gear or speakers.
The shipping cost should not be TOO high.
My fingers are firmly crossed for you, my dear yankee bunchers!
Indeed, all their stuff (except the Doctor, The Guitars + effects and ofcourse :von: ) can be hired ...

Although I believe you can also rent-a- :von: at your local supply store :lol:
il duce
Amphetamine Filth

If I know Von as well as I think, I do not doubt that he could hire a back-up band as well.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@Eva...and if they pick the same city, we're in luck here!
Speaking of Phila, 97...wasn't that the gig that led to the "put their heads on pikes" comment? :?:

@il duce...maybe he could get in touch with the guy on here that has the tribute band in San Francisco! :lol:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:Although I believe you can also rent-a- :von: at your local supply store :lol:
Yeah, they're much cheaper nowadays due to depreciation. :innocent:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

hmm...i seem to remember the good ol' US of A being decidedly at home to misters and missuses(?) ungrateful whinging motherfuckers in 2006.
:?
would it not be easier for all you geniune stateside sisters fans to move over to europe? (though the mainlanders may show you up when it comes to an elevated command of the english language at least they drive on the wrong side of the road too.) :P
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Cyberbio
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:hmm...i seem to remember the good ol' US of A being decidedly at home to misters and missuses(?) ungrateful whinging motherfuckers in 2006.
:?
would it not be easier for all you geniune stateside sisters fans to move over to europe? (though the mainlanders may show you up when it comes to an elevated command of the english language at least they drive on the wrong side of the road too.) :P
:notworthy: yupp, could over sleeping place :notworthy: :P
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

since we didn't get to go to any shows in '06, me & mine are not in that group! and never would be!!! believe me, if we could afford to move across the pond, we would. unfortuantely, there's not a few hundred thousand in the bank. but seriously, there are alot of people here who truly appreciate, respect and admire :von: and would be very grateful to see TSOM in the near future. as for complainers/whiners, there seem to be plenty on your side of the pond also. people complain about setlist not changing, looks, etc... there's always going to be somebody who's not satisfied. I would gladly pay to see the Sisters, even if it was just :von: reading Postcards from Above the Chemist in Chinese!!! all this is just my opinion! :D
eastmidswhizzkid

hey, when it comes to whinging the brits (and particularly the scots :twisted: :innocent: ) get to scrape the bowl out after making vast and grumpy batches of award-winning complaining-cake and moaning-choc chip muffins...

...its just that i vividly remember the cries of "but we could have seen the stones for only 10 dollars more" and "when the smoke faded enough to see them, it was only to catch von picking his nose and scratching his arse while he and two cardboard cut-outs (of a couple of total strangers) mimed along to a hissy demo-tape of some new songs....they hadn't even bothered to set the drum-kit up!"

ok i'm taking the piss now, but you get my drift. :wink:

msm67
Amphetamine Filth

I don't know where that happened, but unfortunately, there are alot of ignorant people in this country. Just don't take it out on those of us who aren't in that group! :D As for seeing the Stones for $10 more....what?? The last time they were around, I seem to recall tickets starting at closer to $100...way more than TSOM. Personally, I wouldn't pay to see them(Mick & co.) but I'd be more than willing to do Von's picking & scratching! for free!! :lol: I have loved this band for more than half my life, always will and am grateful for anything they do!! Call me crazy but, that's me!! :D
eastmidswhizzkid

i'd rather see eldritch on stage as an incontinent and dribbling travesty of humankind, s**t and puking his way through an unlistenable-but-fondly-loved version of "gimme shelter" than i would go to see "sir" mick and co. hit a single chord of any of their own s**t ...even if they had reannimated brian jones and played paint it black whilst a teen-and-fresh marianne faithful did "handless head" favours for me....even if i got to share her mars bar.

*paint it black excepted natch

msm67
Amphetamine Filth

:notworthy: :notworthy: and I'd be more than happy to play "nurse" for Von if he were in that condition!! What the hell, I'm sure that TSOM could do a good version of Paint it Black as a follow-up to Gimme Shelter. Anyway, all I ask is that they come back here so the true believers can see them once again! Honestly, sometimes I think the only thing that keeps my other half going, through all his health issues, is the dream of taking his son to Sisters gig. So, I'll keep my fingers crossed!! :)
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

*whispers*

....forget america :von: been there done that....

go south babe, go south of the africian continent...go for it, fans are there in a plently....Cape Town, Kimberley, JHB, Durban....go for it...!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity