Plausible Deniability

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

I can beat you on first trip to Leeds Angel, 1981. I shared a flat with a reet Yorksheer Man all the way through art school, I went down to visit him in his stately home town in the hamlet, them as call Armley. Ever since then when I say been to Leeds and stayed in Armley, everyone says 'where the jail is?'

York is where I will retire to... aye oop! wha's gettin' them Tetleys in?

Ah'll si' thi
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Well you have the advantage of being a smidgeon older than me to have been travelling around then and having a groovy time of things :) :wink:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
James Blast
Banned

In 1980 that was a lotta money.
Ya young whippersnappers, I'll take ma hand off yer jaw!!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

"Hares Ave., Leeds,8," isn't Kirkstall either, it's Harehills.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Big Si
School Bully

markfiend wrote:"Hares Ave., Leeds,8," isn't Kirkstall either, it's Harehills.
Mr QB "lived next door" :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Big Si wrote:
markfiend wrote:"Hares Ave., Leeds,8," isn't Kirkstall either, it's Harehills.
Mr QB "lived next door" :wink: ;D
How big were his rats?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Red Sunsets wrote:I can beat you on first trip to Leeds Angel, 1981. I shared a flat with a reet Yorksheer Man all the way through art school, I went down to visit him in his stately home town in the hamlet, them as call Armley. Ever since then when I say been to Leeds and stayed in Armley, everyone says 'where the jail is?'

York is where I will retire to... aye oop! wha's gettin' them Tetleys in?

Ah'll si' thi
We lived in Armley from the time Junior was born upto a couple of years ago. That's part of dodge city as well, tho with much less students and far more natives. I don't recommend it for a night out.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I can second that. Mrs markfiend used to teach at Wortley High, just down the road from Armley. It's an... interesting place.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James wrote:I was gonna post this in the closure topic but got a bit carried away, so I thought I'd start a new topic.Maybe a competition, who can predict the next excuse and its scapegoat?
My view is quite simple.

The Sisters are a big enough band,

The sisters DONT have any decent new material

NO reocrd company are going to inviest money in a band with no decent new material and not have access to the back catalogue.

Is shoet The sisters need to write some Decent material ie get in some more creative people write some killer tracks then the record companies come running.

just my two penneth

Matt
James Blast
Banned

That last post came from way out of nowhere... oh I remember what this thread is about now.
Well I like all the new tracks, not one of them that's is below par. Your comment about the back catalogue rings very true tho.
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

markfiend wrote:I can second that. Mrs markfiend used to teach at Wortley High, just down the road from Armley. It's an... interesting place.
Watch out. You'll have PC Blast after you.
James Blast
Banned

Blimey! I only visited the place twice and seemed OK back in the dim and distant 80s. :)
~ Peter Steele
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Without dance routines they'll never make it. Image
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
James Blast
Banned

Snub, did you just post that to show off the 'dancing emoticons'?
~ Peter Steele
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:Snub, did you just post that to show off the 'dancing emoticons'?
No
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Yes
>
>
>
>
>
>
Yes and no
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
James Blast
Banned

Thank You
~ Peter Steele
zaltys7

mh wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:mrs qb was talking to a woman she works with last week and they happened to start talking about 80s bands. she mentioned to her mate that i was quite enamoured of the sisters and her mate proclaimed "andrew eldritch! my dad's a builder and recently refitted his house and studio!"

:D :D :D
So we may not get a new LP, but just check out Von's kitchen!!!
Kitchens!, I knew I'd find the connection eventually ;D
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dan
Overbomber

James wrote:I was gonna post this in the closure topic but got a bit carried away, so I thought I'd start a new topic.

I think that Von would make a good politician. He seems to have mastered the game of "plausible deniability." Despite being the nucleus of the band, Von has continually distanced himself from any of the factors the are (supposedly) preventing the release of new material.

My hazy recollection:

1995- 1997 - We can't release anything because the morons at the record company are trying to starve us into submission for their own short-term goals. [Okay, fair enough. We accept it’s the record company's fault, we're looking forward to those independent singles]

1998? - Adam is moving house (or was it building a studio?), things are on hold until that's done. [It's Adam that's causing the delay]

1999? - Change of plan, we are working on an album, inter alia, but the matter of single releases is currently on hold.

2000? - Can't seem to negotiate USA distribution [record company's fault]

2001 - We've spoken to major record companies, they all seem supportive, until financial backing is discussed. [It's the record company's fault]

2002 - Chris is compiling a DVD [so if that never sees the light of day, It'll be Chris' fault]

2003 - We keep presenting material, record companies keep knocking it back [record company's fault]
Interviewer: How about using the internet?
Von: "Adam won't let us use his material for promo purposes" [Adam's fault, Nice catch-22, should buy a few more years]

Does anyone really beleive all this? Did I miss any of the excuses? Is the order correct?

Mabye we can start a poll "what has been your favourite excuse for no studio output?"

Maybe a competition, who can predict the next excuse and its scapegoat?
June 2016 - Promises new album if Trump is elected.

Nov 2016 - Trump is elected

2017 - No new album

2018 - No new album
Swinnow
Overbomber

Did the Chairman confiscate his laptop between '03 and '16 or was Von just too busy touring to cover his Vet bills :)
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

2019 - no new album

2020 - global nuclear war. Von puts out the album, titled "Told You So", but we're all dead so nobody cares.
Being645
Above the Chemist

AdrenaChris wrote:2019 - no new album

2020 - global nuclear war. Von puts out the album, titled "Told You So", but we're all dead so nobody cares.
... :lol: ... anyway ... It's a Far Parade ... ... :innocent: ... but if it makes him happy ... :wink: ...
VonOben

...if Trump gets elected then maybe...

Oh, s**t!
"Baby... boogie... baby." - AE
sultan2075
Overbomber

VonOben wrote:...if Trump gets elected then maybe...

Oh, s**t!
Like most of the world, I think he assumed it would never happen. “I’m on safe ground here,� he thought. “There’s no way anyone will expect another record!�
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

He should have known better. I was under no illusion that it was anything other than a near certainty, the current world being very conducive.