Nineteen Ninety Five And Nowhere : 2nd of december 2007

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

nice one d-monic. :notworthy:

suggest that you post a clicky link to your label's sales dudes and a mod stickfies this or something? :?:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
pikkrong
Overbomber

thanks, d-monic! :notworthy:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:...and a mod stickfies this or something? :?:
Good idea; done. :von: ;)
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
d-monic
Road Kill

Thank you very much for the "sticky" !

To answer the questions:

You can now pre-order the album through Paypal for the price of 15 euros (including shipping and the paypal fee) to be sent at our paypal account info@m-tronic.com
All pre-orders will receive a free button and a free postcard of Nineteen Ninety Five And Nowhere.

For those for want to make a bank transfer they can browse our shop section on our website, they will find all our bank details:
http://www.d-monic.net

The album and the free goodies will be sent as soon as we receive the cd from the pressing plant, it means a few weeks before it is available in the record shops.
Our Taylor is Rich
Road Kill

d-monic wrote:Thank you very much for the "sticky" !

To answer the questions:

You can now pre-order the album through Paypal for the price of 15 euros (including shipping and the paypal fee) to be sent at our paypal account info@m-tronic.com
All pre-orders will receive a free button and a free postcard of Nineteen Ninety Five And Nowhere.

For those for want to make a bank transfer they can browse our shop section on our website, they will find all our bank details:
http://www.d-monic.net

The album and the free goodies will be sent as soon as we receive the cd from the pressing plant, it means a few weeks before it is available in the record shops.
joli coup "Doctor D-Monic" :wink:
the sleeve design is nice
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Any news on this?
Gary Marx wrote:Look out for news of discounts on copies for anyone who purchased the original 7 track CDR via this site.
http://www.garymarx.com/news.htm
24.24.2.489 Deceased
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

I would buy it if it had YCBTO on it!
Axe FX - Fractal Adidio
Dark
Underneath the Rock

...yes, it's a good song, but how has it got anything to do with Gary Marx's solo material? :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

Dark wrote:...yes, it's a good song, but how has it got anything to do with Gary Marx's solo material? :lol:
Need it? ;D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
d-monic
Road Kill

Thanks to all the heartlanders who already pre-ordered the cd (+ the free goodies) !
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

ya better start burning them as i just paid it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
MUSICA È
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote:...yes, it's a good song, but how has it got anything to do with Gary Marx's solo material? :lol:
Nope, it doesn't. But since YCBTO is the Universal Anthem, you can put it on any record!
Axe FX - Fractal Adidio
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PipoTheClown wrote:
Nope, it doesn't. But since YCBTO is the Universal Anthem, you can put it on any record!
So Mama Lou sings it for you every night? :twisted: :P
"as we walk on the floodland"
d-monic
Road Kill

The buttons and the postcards are in the office, we just now need to wait for the cd's ...
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

d-monic wrote:The buttons and the postcards are in the office, we just now need to wait for the cd's ...
just uin time for sinterklaas :innocent: :innocent:
MUSICA È
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Ordered my copy, can't wait to hear the full versions. Only just found the sample on myspace and it sounds great. :innocent: :notworthy:
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

december's going to be a lively one isn't it? ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
bananacamel

The livelier the better, now we just need Mr Marx to tour it, and get :von: as guest vocals ;D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

bananacamel wrote:The livelier the better, now we just need Mr Marx to tour it, and get :von: as guest vocals ;D
Why spoil it? Marx only, please. :lol:
bananacamel

So at what point does this album stop being a set of rejected Sisters demos, and start to be a Gary Marx solo project :?

After all, it's a far cry from Pretty Black Dots, which I have to say doesn't get that many plays on my turntable. Despite Mr Marx being a stand up geezer :notworthy: , it's just not my cup of tea :oops:

Or am I trying to pigeon hole something that has no right to be pigeon holed, and should be appreciated irrespective of its origins :?:
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

bananacamel wrote:So at what point does this album stop being a set of rejected Sisters demos, and start to be a Gary Marx solo project :?
From the moment Gary decided to put his own lyrics to the songs and decide to record/release them.
After all, it's a far cry from Pretty Black Dots, which I have to say doesn't get that many plays on my turntable. Despite Mr Marx being a stand up geezer :notworthy: , it's just not my cup of tea :oops:
Same here.
Or am I trying to pigeon hole something that has no right to be pigeon holed, and should be appreciated irrespective of its origins :?:
Yes.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
bananacamel

You're no fun

My thoughts are based around Red Skies Disappear, it's effectively a rejected Sisters mix, despite the music being used in FaLaA. But imagine a world were the music to FaLaA wasn't used, & GM decided to release it later. Would it be a rejected sisters track or a GM solo track :?

Just had a thought around Where Spirits Fly, it became a GD song, irrespective of the Sisters demo :oops: I'll get my coat :urff:

I'm so bored I'm having a chat with myself, help me, please :lol:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

bananacamel wrote:So at what point does this album stop being a set of rejected Sisters demos, and start to be a Gary Marx solo project :?
from my own correspondece with him:
Gary Marx wrote:...because of the unusual nature of the project it was neither a Sisters nor a Gary Marx Album as such. It wouldn't have come into being at all if I was just pursuing my own musical interests at the time, and clearly Andrew's stamp would have taken it miles away from where I finished up vocally/lyrically had he chosen to be involved.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
bananacamel

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
from my own correspondece with him:
Gary Marx wrote:...because of the unusual nature of the project it was neither a Sisters nor a Gary Marx Album as such. It wouldn't have come into being at all if I was just pursuing my own musical interests at the time, and clearly Andrew's stamp would have taken it miles away from where I finished up vocally/lyrically had he chosen to be involved.
Cool, so we've ended up with an unexpected bonus, like it, like it a lot :D
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

bananacamel wrote:You're no fun
Oh, but I can be....sometimes. Just depends on my mood, the weather or the tightness of my underwear.
My thoughts are based around Red Skies Disappear, it's effectively a rejected Sisters mix, despite the music being used in FaLaA. But imagine a world were the music to FaLaA wasn't used, & GM decided to release it later. Would it be a rejected sisters track or a GM solo track :?
That is a bit of a tricky one. As Red Skies was written while Gary was in The Sisters, then I'd say yes. With 1995 And Nowhere, Gary wasn't in The Sisters, so I'd say no in this case.
Just had a thought around Where Spirits Fly, it became a GD song, irrespective of the Sisters demo :oops: I'll get my coat :urff:
No need for that.
I'm so bored I'm having a chat with myself, help me, please :lol:

Sometimes that's the only way a person can get an intelligent conversation. Except around here on a good day. :innocent: :wink:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.