Korrosiv - Gig and Album news [unified thread]

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Dark wrote:s**t, come to think of it, I forgot my sister lives in Leamington Spa at the moment.. :lol:
Does she? :eek: Well - next time you visit let me know and we'll have a Heartland night out. :wink:

Is she at Uni?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Dark wrote:s**t, come to think of it, I forgot my sister lives in Leamington Spa at the moment.. :lol:
:eek:

That's where my auntie and uncle live!
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hexe Luciferia
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote:Gig is at The Travellers Rest this Saturday. With proper lighting and sound, several new songs, and hopefully some recording.

Be there, or be oval. :von:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :D :D
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Does she? :eek: Well - next time you visit let me know and we'll have a Heartland night out. :wink:

Is she at Uni?
She's 25 (I think :lol:) now. She went to Hertford Uni.

Dunno how long she's living there, but.. yeah, I'll do my best to try and get some gigs nearby. :)

And that means you can come too, Sinny. :)
Silver_Owl
The Don

Dark wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:

Is she at Uni?
She's 25 (I think :lol:) now. She went to Hertford Uni.

Dunno how long she's living there, but.. yeah, I'll do my best to try and get some gigs nearby. :)
Are you sure she's your sister? :lol:
Anyway, let me know if you're ever down this way....
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, despite only playing to about 40 people rather than the projected 100 or so, and the fact that my cassette recorder was right next to a bunch of people who don't shut up for the whole f**king gig (therefore my personal recording is pretty crap), it went down well.
Apparently, opinions were divided between "Loved it" and "couldn't stand it". Which is exactly what I wanted. Especially when two tracks (Aftermath and ZBT) were new, noise tracks, and ad-libbed.
Setlist:

Soundcheck: Take Me Away
1) Intro: A State Of Terror
2) NoiseNoiseNoise
3) Aftermath
4) Massacre
5) Prohibition Of Still Life
6) Cabaret Boy
7) Ozymandias
8) Zyklon B Twist
9) Destruction Of The Nile (featuring Steve Cowan)
10) Blue Lover
Yeah, Steve from FearOfHatred came onstage to sing Nile with me. We only decided that just before my set, and it worked. Even if he'd never heard my rearrangement before. :)
robertzombie
Overbomber

Nice one :D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Cheers Rob. :oops:

Anyway, NEW DOWNLOAD ALERT!

Taken verbatim from the Korrosiv website:

"6th April 2008:
Thank you to everyone who has supported Korrosiv this far. A number of new tracks are now present in the set, and several will make their way to the next CD. The final gig to be booked is the 13th September 2008. On the following day, Korin moves to Scotland to study. Any information on promoters and venues in Glasgow or Edinburgh would be very much appreciated, but gigs are unlikely for a few months.
Therefore, any gigs between 17th June 2008 and 12th September 2008 are welcomed. Please email ThornCult Records should you require Korrosiv's presence. Thank you.
One final note, the track "NoiseNoiseNoise" from A State Of Terror has been added for free download. Please spread this, along with Prohibition Of Still Life, far and wide."

So in short:
1) Thanks for your support.
2) The last gig which can be played in the forseeable future has been booked
3) If you're from Scotland, get in touch with me about venues
4) If you're from England (or anywhere else really), get in touch about gigs between 17/06/08 and 12/09/08
5) Another album track has been uploaded, download the full version, for free, as mp3 or ogg here. And spread the word!

robertzombie
Overbomber

*downloads*
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Fingers crossed then!
And thanks to Jum for listening :)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Someone on another forum just said "It sounds like a malignant lovechild of Art Of Noise."

That may be the highest compliment I've ever been paid :lol:

What? I have to keep bumping this thread, I may as well keep it on-topic...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

New Gig:

Indie Rock Night, Travellers Rest, Lincoln, 10/05/2008

Hyper Snyper
Kensal Rise
White On White
Korrosiv
No Bigger Than Jesus

£5 with ticket from band, £6 on the door

Don't ask why we're playing with indie bands. They'll be wondering the same when I come on stage...
James Blast
Banned

I read the headliner's (well last on that list's) name as No Bigger Than James!

well it made me laff :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I may have to start a prog band by such a name. :lol:

Nah, I put the headliners at the top in my listings. :)
James Blast
Banned

Kensal Rise sound pleasant, I'm thinking Grantchester Meadows by The Pink Floyd... I'm wrong, amn't I? :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I've not heard them, but apparently a few bands I know have members in Kensal Rise. I do like the sound of their name as well.
The vast majority of the bands (probably all except me, actually) are guitary stuff.. I'm hoping for some nice calm, pleasant, but slightly edgy, tunes, with some keyboards and some clangy, jangly, guitar.
I think I may be disappointed.
James Blast
Banned

Dark wrote:clangy, jangly, guitar
you'll like Glass~gow... Oh, sorry, that was in 1980 :lol:

just as long as there's no "Arsepiece Minkies/Meconium Shambles/Liberteenagers" Crap!
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Dark wrote:clangy, jangly, guitar
you'll like Glass~gow... Oh, sorry, that was in 1980 :lol:
Fast Product or Postcard :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
James Blast
Banned

east coast - Fast

west coast - Postcard

you better bone up on this before your "first semester" :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I can't be arsed to write it all again, so here's a copy-paste from another forum:

Night One:

As is almost predictable with the first date of any tour, the whole set was s**t. For reasons unknown, the sound was going out of phase, so some synths were played blisteringly loud and the rest too quiet. After Massacre failed, I changed the cables, and although all the synths were coming through properly, it was all too quiet, so I felt uneasy singing loudly, as I'd just drown it out. The result: A quiet, restrained, and appalling set.

Setlist:

1) Intro: Here Comes The Death Squad [only vocal samples sounded audible??]
2) Cabaret Boy [none of the bassy synths were audible, so I had no idea when to come in. Sounded like 4 minutes of the same slow drumbeat. All lyrics made up on the spot, as I couldn't tell when to sing]
3) Aftermath [too quiet, one synth suddenly comes on massively loud, but sounds great]
4) Massacre [too quiet again, with one synth too loud. Stopped halfway through, cables changed]
5) Massacre [second attempt]
6) Destruction Of The Nile [FoH cover]
7) Zyklon B Twist
8 ) Smokestack [new track, vocals pretty much ad-libbed]
9) Prohibition Of Still Life (NOT PLAYED - time constraints)
10) Baby I Love You [Ronettes cover]
11) Blue Lover [James Ray's Gangwar cover]
12) Civilization (NOT PLAYED - time constraints)
James Blast
Banned

what is that old adage about a bad workman and his tools? :innocent: :lol:
~ Peter Steele
eldorado69
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:Kensal Rise sound pleasant, I'm thinking Grantchester Meadows by The Pink Floyd... I'm wrong, amn't I? :|
Doesn't look pleasant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensal_Ris ... ay_station :lol:
It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischievous, wolves savage, or the vulture ravenous
James Blast
Banned

yeah, it's not as nice as this

that means I win :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:what is that old adage about a bad workman and his tools? :innocent: :lol:
That's why I deliberately stopped it until I could get a faintly acceptable sound. Not much more I can do when my laptop's at full volume and the desk is at full. I guess I should have used a mono cable instead, if all else were to fail.
James Blast
Banned

need a bass player? :lol: x 25,000

I unfortunately ken whit ye mean Young Fella, best performance I ever played at was 'sabotaged' by awful sound, on stage we killed - we killed because we were the only ones that could really hear us :|
~ Peter Steele