Korrosiv - Gig and Album news [unified thread]

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Aye, apparently what he did was route the laptop through all the speakers, and put the vocals through the monitors and turn them towards the audience, so I could barely hear myself, but I assume others could. :|

Oh well, jam night at the same place last night.. no sound issues, played a good set, then went back onstage to sing some improv over a totally ad-libbed jam. :)
eldorado69
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:need a bass player? :lol: x 25,000

I unfortunately ken whit ye mean Young Fella, best performance I ever played at was 'sabotaged' by awful sound, on stage we killed - we killed because we were the only ones that could really hear us :|
What band were you in?
It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischievous, wolves savage, or the vulture ravenous
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote: On the following day, Korin moves to Scotland to study. Any information on promoters and venues in Glasgow or Edinburgh would be very much appreciated
If you're looking for somewhere to play in Glasgow, you could check out Tronic

They put on live electronic music every month, and though a lot of it is dancey electro house p*sh, they do also put on some more interesting industrial/experimental stuff; they asked me to play, but unfortunately I had to decline as my live material is not ready yet (and by the time it is, I probably won't be living in Scotland any more.)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Just a quick one..
I'll be recording some new material at an open mic night at the Jolly Brewer (Debaser Alert!) a week on Monday, i.e. 07/07/08.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Bump up the jam...
James Blast
Banned

try it in Glesga, FUD!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:try it in Glesga, FUD!
Get me a gig and I'll try it. ;)
25men
Road Kill

Next gig we organise you can have first support - FACT (as they say)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Honoured. :)

As for tonight.. here's my usual copy-pastings from another site:
Night Two:

A pleasure to see nearly 15 people when I played the first set. Only about 7 the second time. Ah well, their loss, they missed what I thought was my best vocal performance in a while.

Setlist:
Set One
1) Intro: Here Come The Death Squad
2) Aftermath (think I was on the verge of giving the whole pub bad trips by the end of it)
3) NoiseNoiseNoise
4) Smokestack (drums are still too quiet in that backing track.. oh well, at least I got the words right this time!)
Set Two
1) Prohibition Of Still Life
2) Zyklon B Twist (ended up singing bits of an old unreleased Tierkreis song.. oops)
3) Just Another Disease (new song, messed up the lyrics a bit, but hey.. went down well)
4) Blue Lover (described as "dark cyber"? I'm sure James Ray would be thrilled...)
Once I get something GOOD to play these tapes with to put them onto the laptop, this tape's getting digitized. Was a pretty good recording. :)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

And that's your lot, England.

Set (as taken from the setlist/propaganda sheets scattered around the pub)

1) Intro: Here Come The Death Squad
2) Cabaret Boy (Part I)
3) Aftermath
4) Destruction Of The Nile
5) God Save The Queen (featuring lyrics taken from Marx/Engels' "The Communist Manifesto")
6) Aborted To The Scrapyard
7) Prohibition Of Still Life
8) Smokestack
9) Just Another Disease
10) Zyklon B Twist
11) Blue Lover

The two "reviews" I received were that I was somewhere inbetween music and theatre (was told that twice), and from Dawn, that "it was Top Of The Pops 1981".

If anyone wants one of the propaganda sheets salvaged from the bar tables, they'll be put in with new CDs, or sent on request.

We'll see you around.
Next stop, Glasgow. Or Top Of The Pops.
James Blast
Banned

I prophesy disaster... :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Eine neue Maxi-Single von Korrosiv.

1) Smokestack
2) Population Control Mechanism
3) Trance Gender
4) ????

The next Korrosiv maxi-single will be ready for release soon. Predicted nearly a year after "A State Of Terror", we are forced to leave various elements of our past behind.
The title track can be interpreted however you want, even if you are wrong.
The second and third tracks need no explanation, they are clear in themselves.
The fourth track depends entirely on which version of the CD you have.

With best regards from The Forgotten Continent,
Take our deaths into our own hands.

Korrosiv