Ooh, little bit controversial

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

re: same sex marriage: obviously a good thing as all forms of prejudice and hatred are wrong.
...but now that's been sorted perhaps we should just ban marriage full-stop. i've nothing against celebratory public declarations of love between people, but until marriage isn't legal only in the name of the church or the state then i'm against it as i don't respect the authority or the divine right of either's interfernce.

now, a new controversy: Lady Gaga is a vastly talented entertainer who has completely beaten the media at their own game with the intensely clever trick of letting them use their complete disdain of her "craziness" and their desire to wrong-cock her career to promote her to the point where she is successsful in a stellar way.

she can outsing beyonce, outdance shakira (who has no other decirnable gifts) and would never go in need of somewhere to hang her towels should she choose to visit anywhere near me. over to you.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Lady Gaga is a vastly talented entertainer who has completely beaten the media at their own game with the intensely clever trick of letting them use their complete disdain of her "craziness" and their desire to wrong-cock her career to promote her to the point where she is successsful in a stellar way.

she can outsing beyonce, outdance shakira (who has no other decirnable gifts) and would never go in need of somewhere to hang her towels should she choose to visit anywhere near me. over to you.
Not far from the truth, actually. Only remark I have to make is she's not the first to do it like that of course :) Robbie Williams jumps to mind, and a set of others.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

/me loves Lady Gaga
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:/me loves Lady Gaga
now why didn't i just say that? thats pretty much what i was trying to say.. :oops:

czuczu
Overbomber

If we're going down this path then I'm going to have to step in and defend Beyoncé - she has way better tunes & moves than Gaga (although Poker Face is a corker).
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

oh, i like Robbie Williams, i think that some of his lyrics are (were) very good and funny, and music is also good. (thank Izzy, i forgot about that).
psichonaut
Overbomber

Lady Gaga is sexy
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
eastmidswhizzkid

czuczu wrote:If we're going down this path then I'm going to have to step in and defend Beyoncé - she has way better tunes & moves than Gaga (although Poker Face is a corker).
each to their own stu, but i think the proof of the pudding is in the eating: watch the video for "telephone" (which features both of them) and its Gaga by a blood-engorged mile. :wink:

edit: but "single-ladies" (song and video) is a red hot fave of mine too. ;D

eastmidswhizzkid

apologies to mark for potentially turning his thread into a "which mainstream pop-star are you most likely to glue-up a smash hits to" . :lol:
okay -not that sorry. :twisted:

Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:oh, i like Robbie Williams, i think that some of his lyrics are (were) very good and funny, and music is also good. (thank Izzy, i forgot about that).
You're welcome! :)

IZ.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:apologies to mark for potentially turning his thread into a "which mainstream pop-star are you most likely to glue-up a smash hits to" . :lol:
okay -not that sorry. :twisted:
To be fair, the marriage thing was getting a bit out of hand; I have to accept the blame for that.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: she can ... outdance shakira (who has no other decirnable gifts) ....
I don't like Lady Gaga, but as to Shakira you're perfectly right ... her voice is the full pain in my ears ...
James Blast
Banned

Being645 wrote:but as to Shakira you're perfectly right ... her voice is the full pain in my ears ...
really fucking controversial. Tell us something new ya fuckin' gimpoid! :evil:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki Wizard

James Blast wrote:
Being645 wrote:but as to Shakira you're perfectly right ... her voice is the full pain in my ears ...
Get bent!
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

:lol: You're learning, @Being !
That was the most controversial post on this thread so far.
GC
Slight Overbomber

I liked Whenever, Wherever
Izzy HaveMercy

Being645 wrote:
James Blast wrote:
Get bent!
:lol:

IZ.
GC
Slight Overbomber

I love listening to the Pet Shop Boys.
I can't stomach New Model Army at all anymore.....(even though I used to be a big fan)
GC
Slight Overbomber

Oh and abortion is wrong....(I could never understand why the liberal left are so pro :roll: )
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

...must ...step ...away
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Gollum's Cock wrote:Oh and abortion is wrong....(I could never understand why the liberal left are so pro :roll: )
* maybe because nobody should be able to determine what someone does with their body?

* maybe because we live in a world where giving birth to another life is factually the end of your entire chances and perspectives - unless you either wanted nothing but having kids sucking on you or unless you are in a financial position to survive the accompanying challenges?

* maybe because in our world having children is the first means to keep you trapped in a life, a job, a position you never wanted and you'll hardly get out of before some 20 years have passed, and even after that ... and factually by emotional blackmail?

* maybe because on the female side these 20 plus years of unpaid work, for ever destroying or at least lowering your chances and income expectations at large, is just not fair?

* maybe because there should not be one life abandonned for the sake of another one possibly developing better (especially for - heaven forbid - that new life could be male ...)

an so on ...

* ah and before I forget: maybe because it's usually those advocating the loudest against abortion who either deny to pay for the outcome of their seeds or who encountered at bold barrier to their claim to power (over women at least?)?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The pro-choice argument in a nutshell:

1) The woman's right to bodily autonomy: Even if you grant that an embryo or a foetus is a human being, due the rights and protections of an adult (which, incidentally, would be odd, because we don't say that a newborn child is due all those rights) there are no circumstances in which we privilege one adult's rights over another's bodily autonomy. (The example of live organ donation is frequently brought up; we would not force anyone to donate a kidney against their will even though such a donation would save another person's life.) Forcing someone to surrender their bodily autonomy against their will is slavery.

2) The harm-mitigation argument: Jurisdictions with harsher controls on abortion do not actually have lower abortion rates. What they do have is higher rates of women dying due to unsafe illicit abortions.

3) A medical procedure is the business of no-one other than a patient and her medical practitioners. If you are opposed to abortion, you are perfectly free not to have one.
—Bertrand Russell
GC
Slight Overbomber

I have one answer to both of the above.....
Have you ever seen a 12 week ultrasound.
GC
Slight Overbomber

And just another thing.
@Mark F - I think your arguments tends to be a liberal rational (maybe even Utilitarian) one which I can live with....lesser of two evils kind of thing.
@Being...your argument is based upon a financial social standpoint which unfortunately depresses me.
Last edited by GC on 03 Apr 2014, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i don't understand why people need to get stoned or baked or drunk to relax.
uh oh and i despise people addicted to fags, drugs and alcohole - yes, you're sick, but at your own free will. yes, even when you're daddy or mommy, or granny, or grandpa was addicted, moreover, then you're dubble guilty of your own situations.