Star Wars VII

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote:One of the worst movies i have seen ever in my life. Run away save your pounds, dollars, euros, yen, krones whatever currency you have... :lol:
i was not warned, but if you read this you are lucky you were ;D
Some people like it some don't ... but there is no such a big trouble. ;D The fact that the film breaks all records everywhere shows that majority of people around the world like it. :wink:
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Went to see it with a couple of old friends, was a good nostalgia trip and an ok film, but I can understand iesus point of view if one expects a masterpiece because of all raving reviews. One of my friends had similar feelings, thought the film wasn't worth the enormous hype. Which of course it wasn't, but I still thouroughly enjoyed it. Most of us on this forum are like 30 to 50 years old and were kids when the original trilogy came to the cinemas. I don't think neither this nor any other film would be able to reproduce the feeling you had back then, but that being said, I don't see how there could be a better try than this movie.
iesus
Overbomber

euphoria wrote: but that being said, I don't see how there could be a better try than this movie.
Our first conversation with my friends after we exit the cinema was "Let's make a Star Trek marathon with pizza pepperoni and beers and everything to recover!" And believe me ... We were all once Star Wars fans :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Joy wrote: Some people like it some don't ... but there is no such a big trouble. ;D The fact that the film breaks all records everywhere shows that majority of people around the world like it. :wink:
It's true: some people like it some don't.

But, such big success proves that money on marketing (which is also on good reviews, official by real journalists and some semi professional bloggers) were well spend. But of course, if the movie wasn't good enough then people wouldn't storm cinemas that much.
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

I thought it was great mostly because it was like the first films i.e. a not to be taken too seriously sci-fi film. Where these things go wrong is when the geeks build these things up to be like The Green Mile or Citizen Kane (insert your own worthy and important movie if you like).

Star Wars is often described as a 'life-changing' movie but the lives it often changed were those of kids who were easily impressed back in the day :lol:

For what it's worth I took my lad to see it and he's the same age I was back in 1978 when I saw Star Wars. Compared to the other movies he's seen actually at the Cinema he said it was the best and those other movies were Wreck-It Ralph, Despicable Me and Inside Out. When we got home he went back to his WWE figures with John Cena kicking the f**k out of The Undertaker wheras back in '78 I played with me R2D2 figure and dreamed of being a Jedi.
Anger Is An Energy
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Are we allowed to put spoilers yet? Or any of the fan theories? (I love the Finn/Poe shipping :lol:)

I'm particularly keen on the idea that Luke could actually be a Sith lord now, not a Jedi...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

I did read one from a nutcase who thinks Jar Jar Binks is a Sith collaborator. :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Joy

markfiend wrote: (I love the Finn/Poe shipping :lol:)
I love Kylo Ren/BB8 shipping. :lol: :lol:

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Finally got to see this.

Seems more like "Star Wars: Greatest Hits" than an actual new film.
I tried to tell her
About Marx and Eldritch, God and angels
I don't really know what for.
czuczu
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Are we allowed to put spoilers yet? Or any of the fan theories? (I love the Finn/Poe shipping :lol:)

I'm particularly keen on the idea that Luke could actually be a Sith lord now, not a Jedi...
Kylo Ren is angry cos Rey is Luke & Leia's kid. Han never knew..

:?:
Pista
Cureboi

Not so sure.
Remember (according to Smee) Anakin never had a father. He just "came about" because of midichlorians.
What's to say Rey isn't another immaculate conception? :wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Joy

My favourite is Kylo Ren and what makes me especially proud is that his stunt man was Hungarian. His name is Gyula Toth he worked in many famous films. ( Game of Thrones, Hercules, Age of Ultron and much more.)

Adam was very kind because when the shooting was finished he specifically thanked him for his work and hugged him.

http://dorksideoftheforce.com/2015/06/1 ... akens-set/
Last edited by Joy on 04 Jan 2016, 21:56, edited 2 times in total.
iesus
Overbomber

My two dimes in theories about:
1-Rey is Luke's daughter
2-She will lose her arm in the next movie
3-Chewbacca will end as flokati rug for the Siths
4-Rey will eat Quiche Lorraine and become Sith apprentice
5-Siths will built an even bigger Death Star that will be destroyed the same way the previous 2 destroyed the last moment
6-Disney will buy also the Star Trek too and finish what they start with Star Wars by destroying all the space fiction series
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
czuczu
Overbomber

Pista wrote:according to Smee
Pista
Cureboi

czuczu wrote:
Pista wrote:according to Smee
:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Pista wrote:Not so sure.
Remember (according to Smee) Anakin never had a father. He just "came about" because of midichlorians.
I wonder how many teenage girls have tried that excuse.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Hard to say, but have tired.

+
Lemmy Kilmister wrote:"Religion is stupid anyway. I mean, a virgin gets pregnant by a ghost! You would never get away with that in a divorce court, would you?"
sultan2075
Overbomber

Saw it again last night. Still loved it.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote:Saw it again last night. Still loved it.
Was so hoping to go again tonight, but the snow's got so bad I'd never make it over the hills to the cinema. :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Joy

I saw it for the fourth time at the weekend...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Joy wrote:I saw it for the fourth time at the weekend...
And now you never have to see it again, because...

The fourth will be with you...always.

"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Joy

Of course I had to watch it again after the first time. So that's 2. The third one was because I wanted to see it in 3D as well. But that was dubbed in my language (it is not played in the original language in 3D). ...and I wanted to watch it the fourth time because the dubbed version was so bad that I had to see it again in English. :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

Joy wrote:Of course I had to watch it again after the first time. So that's 2. The third one was because I wanted to see it in 3D as well. But that was dubbed in my language (it is not played in the original language in 3D). ...and I wanted to watch it the fourth time because the dubbed version was so bad that I had to see it again in English. :lol:
Oddly enough, when episode I was dubbed in Hungarian, Jar Jar Binks was actually not that bad.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Joy

Pista wrote:
Joy wrote:Of course I had to watch it again after the first time. So that's 2. The third one was because I wanted to see it in 3D as well. But that was dubbed in my language (it is not played in the original language in 3D). ...and I wanted to watch it the fourth time because the dubbed version was so bad that I had to see it again in English. :lol:
Oddly enough, when episode I was dubbed in Hungarian, Jar Jar Binks was actually not that bad.
Not everybody was bad. For example Han Solo has been dubbed by the same actor since New Hope (Csernák János). He was really good. I think Rey's voice was ok too. I think they didn't get Leia's voice right. But you could guess who the worst one was.. Kylo Ren's mask voice was screwed up.
Joy

Joy wrote:
markfiend wrote: (I love the Finn/Poe shipping :lol:)
I love Kylo Ren/BB8 shipping. :lol: :lol:

Didn't I tell you?? :lol: :lol: