New music discoveries

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

CellThree wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 05:00 These guys are pretty good. Even if I do say so myself.

https://sweetdisasters.bandcamp.com/album/live-session

this is ok too! wow
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

crunk_posby wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 05:10 This one song by this band is definitely an ode to the Sisters.
phew! thought i must be on drugs for a second with all these new songs i was enjoying. this is refreshingly bloody awful (IMO i mean obvs).
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Likaiset pikkarit

Oh Finland. Where have you been hiding this lot?

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Fontains D.C. first time listened them on the radio driving a car, the latest single (Starbuster), I've found production, sound, and this lyrics. Then I started to dig. Superb stuff, lots of genres you know from the late 80's and 90's, and some post-punk but filtered and served in a unique way. Anyhow, the band active for more than 10 years, going to release their 4 full record. But for me it's a sign that new bands, formed by, well, Gen Z, can be interesting, in some way fresh.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Bartek wrote: 12 Jun 2024, 11:34 Fontains D.C. first time listened them on the radio driving a car, the latest single (Starbuster), I've found production, sound, and this lyrics. Then I started to dig. Superb stuff, lots of genres you know from the late 80's and 90's, and some post-punk but filtered and served in a unique way. Anyhow, the band active for more than 10 years, going to release their 4 full record. But for me it's a sign that new bands, formed by, well, Gen Z, can be interesting, in some way fresh.
Oh yeah, I quite like them - looking forward to seeing them live on this upcoming tour.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Icon
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I’ve also liked them for a few years. Still haven’t decided if I’ll go see them in the autumn. It’s tempting, but quite far to travel.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Makes me a jolly old fart.