Some Kind Of Demos

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dan
Overbomber

Now go and do a cover of Far Parade.
You'll have to use your imagination for the music, but I'm sure it's possible to come up with a suitable pastiche!
iesus
Overbomber

Dan wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 19:46 Now go and do a cover of Far Parade.
You'll have to use your imagination for the music, but I'm sure it's possible to come up with a suitable pastiche!
Not exactly. Chris on the lockout did some YT streams and i asked him about far parade's quitar parts and he played the riffs of his part. He mentioned he didn't know how exactly had :von: arranged the vocals but the rythm parts were all there. :innocent: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
czuczu
Overbomber

iesus wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 20:22
Dan wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 19:46 Now go and do a cover of Far Parade.
Not exactly. Chris on the lockout did some YT streams and i asked him about far parade's quitar parts and he played the riffs of his part. He mentioned he didn't know how exactly had :von: arranged the vocals but the rythm parts were all there. :innocent: :bat:
Haven't the riffs gone into Show Me? Sure he said that post-leaving.
iesus
Overbomber

One of them for sure, i think someone that heard the stream mentioned it in here when talked about that stream afterwards. Definetely Chris didn't say about "Show Me", that i remember well for sure.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

Show Me is credited to Christo/Eldritch/Smith on the official site.... wouldn't it be odd for Catalyst not to have been involved in writing those riffs he played?
Regardless @iesus do you have a link to that VOD?
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
iesus
Overbomber

alanm wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 13:27 Regardless @iesus do you have a link to that VOD?
Chris made a lot of streams in lockdown, it would be imposible from his YT chan to search it, at least from me.
The easiest i can think of is finding in here :hl: the conversation we had about "Far Parade". We talked about it in here and commented right after the stream, it might be even the link to video in there. :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
iesus
Overbomber

alanm wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 13:27 Show Me is credited to Christo/Eldritch/Smith on the official site.... wouldn't it be odd for Catalyst not to have been involved in writing those riffs he played?

Check this stream 19/04 found it by searching forum a lot :lol: :lol:
Please tell the minute when found ;D :notworthy:

found the actual minute

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQt-xCMQwxU&t=2200s :notworthy: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
ruffers
Overbomber

He's a lovely chap isn't he?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ruffers wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 18:47 He's a lovely chap isn't he?
An absolute gentleman and I'd take a bullet to have him back to the sisters.
alanm wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 13:27 Show Me is credited to Christo/Eldritch/Smith on the official site.... wouldn't it be odd for Catalyst not to have been involved in writing those riffs he played?
If memory serves me right, he spoke about that in a different VOD, Far Parade became Show Me and possibly another song that he couldn't remember the name, however, he didn't compose any of those riffs, as they were originally Ben's riffs and at some point were played in the bass guitar.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Gothicbiff

In a new interview, Ben talks about "a Swedish guy" who has done a whole album of the new songs (it's around 18 minutes in).
So doesn't sound like they have a problem with it

I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Gothicbiff wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:37 In a new interview, Ben talks about "a Swedish guy" who has done a whole album of the new songs (it's around 18 minutes in).
So doesn't sound like they have a problem with it

I’m the Swedish reviewer he’s referring to early on in the interview. This is actually the second interview where I’ve heard him mentioning my ”Sisters 4.0” comment, very happy that he seems to think it made sense. 😅
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
ruffers
Overbomber

And, in the spirit of fairness, Ben is also a lovely chap!
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Dan
Overbomber

I'd only listened to one song the other day but I just listened to the whole thing and it's made me appreciate the songs more.

A few months ago when the compilation of new songs was posted I hated them (except for Black Sail, that was alright). Quality has a lot to do with it. The live recordings sounded crappy... but then don't a lot of bootlegs sound crappy? The difference is that with the older songs we have studio versions and know how they're supposed to sound. So the brain has that as a reference when listening to a bootleg and the brain does some sort of amazing interpolation to allow you to listen to a crappy bootleg and think it sounds good. With a live version where there is no studio version we don't have that, all you have is a crappy recording with no reference. Eldritch might think that having the songs "out there" is sufficient but it really isn't, without a studio version as reference those live versions just don't stand up on their own. Mr Eldritch if you're reading, get in a studio and record those songs! I know you're not lacking a studio because home studios are ten a penny nowadays. With only a live version as representation your legacy is a lot weaker than it could be.

So thanks @FMAMMY , I enjoyed listening to them.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 15:45 And, in the spirit of fairness, Ben is also a lovely chap!
He really is! These 'Cult Love' series of podcasts / interviews have highlighted how tolerant you have to be in the face of people asking you questions and very evidently not remotely listening to the answers you give, just cracking on with their next question on their list / agenda. No sense of conversation at all, not too much grey matter either. He's such a sweetie to smile through it all as opposed to saying 'no mate, it's not my job to try and tell the population what they should or shouldn't think, go figure it out for yourself ffs', or better still just repeat Von's answers in the Andrew X '84 interview, which would be equally valid.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 18:36 Check this stream 19/04 found it by searching forum a lot :lol: :lol:
Thanks! Yeah that is def the Show Me bass riff.
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Gothicbiff

ruffers wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 15:45 And, in the spirit of fairness, Ben is also a lovely chap!
Ben is an absolute star 🌟 :D
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
mh
Above the Chemist

The Sisters are always at their best when they have a member named Ben. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

mh wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 01:18 The Sisters are always at their best when they have a member named Ben. :notworthy:
Hi, hi. True. Anyway, that interviewer is also doing quite a good job ... ;D :notworthy: ....
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

Tobias has put up another albums worth of covers.
It’s on iTunes but I haven’t checked Spotify.
I like the version of Crash and Burn.
robertzombie
Overbomber

How many of the moralisers on this thread bought the RSD cash grab?
Husek

robertzombie wrote: 22 May 2023, 16:32 How many of the moralisers on this thread bought the RSD cash grab?
God forbid anyone using the sisters good name in vain.. Except for time Warner/electra innit.

What bothers me is that Tobias project is outta passion, any profit that he got from it barely covered the licensing and all the rigmarole to put it on Spotify.

My main goal when I colab with him is to have fun, celebrate the sisters and have at least some sort of studio version of the new songs on iTunes or spotify, it's a shame people see it differently.
Moderate Mick wrote: 22 May 2023, 11:49 Tobias has put up another albums worth of covers.
It’s on iTunes but I haven’t checked Spotify.
I like the version of Crash and Burn.
I'm glad you like it, I spent more hours tweaking and mastering it than any other song I ever produced
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

This was a very pleasant surprise. Hearing these songs in an actual studio style recording sounds so good, and getting wide receiver as a bonus was a huge plus!
:von: Check out my Artwork: https://x.com/NicksArtCorner :von:
z666
Amphetamine Filth

Talking about Chris, apparently he's not ghouling with Ghost anymore. Well, maybe "anymore" is not the right word, but he's not with them in these first shows of their tour. Nobody wants Dylan out of the band, but everybody would love Chris back in, so it very well may be the chance for the Sisters having a human bassist again. 30+ years after.
g44fr
Road Kill

Tobias, no chance for a “better reptile” cover ?
FMAMMY
Road Kill

g44fr wrote: 23 May 2023, 11:29 Tobias, no chance for a “better reptile” cover ?
as far as I know there's just fragments of available lyrics for Better reptile but if the lyrics appear some day I'll give it a try :)